Sign in to follow this  

Why do some people scrobble with (Deluxe Version) etc.?

IDGI here's what I do: I use mp3tag (free btw) and I re-edit the complete deluxe version (including a japanese bonus track with it)

for example

http://imgur.com/a/NG2zn

it just looks so much cleaner and nicer than (Deluxe Version)

Sheezus 8,786

It's OCD, I'd loose my mind if I didn't do it. I use "edition" apposed to "version" usually. It's also more official to tag albums with the edition if they aren't standard.

Hyun. 32,276

all tea! it's not like the album's name includes its edition, just place every track under the album's original title. plus it looks really damn ugly dead1

Dr. Slay 28,412

Probably streaming but in other cases I hate when people have to include a million different versions like just put it all in one album or if there's remixes or acoustic tracks or whatever just make a separate album for them rip4

Mystique 7,558

It's annoying bc with some albums I have a ton of old scrobbles with "deluxe" and i dont wanna delete them jj4 

Kristina 3,100

Because why would you bother to change it jj4 If I downloaded the deluxe version that's how I'm gonna scrobble it. 

Nixter 220

I usually change my tags and scrobble just the regular name of the album. I only make exceptions with (Deluxe Edition) if I like the cover more than the standard one.

Urbanov 47,484
8 minutes ago, jdpm1991 said:

Tha's what people say about SZA funny enough

Ironic coming from someone who stans Britbot in 2017

Just now, Urbanov said:

Ironic coming from someone who stans Britbot in 2017

You mean an pop icon who's been in the game for a decade? and clearly people care more about Britney considering Glory was relevant even after it's first release week unlike a certain bisexual

Urbanov 47,484
Just now, jdpm1991 said:

Glory was relevant

when and where, you're not talking about our planet, are you?

2 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

when and where, you're not talking about our planet, are you?

It was for sure damn more relevant than Blonde. My fave didn't have a meltdown because their record label didn't submit them into the grammys

Urbanov 47,484
Just now, jdpm1991 said:

It was for sure damn more relevant than Blonde. My fave didn't have a meltdown because their record label didn't submit them into the grammys

You're reaching so high you're almost in the sky

Maraj 68,056

Idk I like the way "(Deluxe)" looks, maybe it's just me. It doesn't bother me at all! giveup1 

For my personal library, I used to tag my albums with Deluxe, Japan Deluxe, Target Exclusive, etc. but I stopped adding those because some albums I have are standard and have no bonus tracks, and it'd look so out of place. rip4

Most of the time I scrobble from Spotify so I can't really do anything about that. rip4

Urbanov 47,484
1 minute ago, Halcyon said:

For my personal library, I used to tag my albums with Deluxe, Japan Deluxe, Target Exclusive, etc. but I stopped adding those because some albums I have are standard and have no bonus tracks, and it'd look so out of place. rip4

Most of the time I scrobble from Spotify so I can't really do anything about that. rip4

Not to mention this fucked up tagging on Spotify jj4