BJORK

Over the hype: Thoughts on Witness

Witness - feels slightly overproduced from the demo. not sure if it's representative to name the entire record after this song. 3.5/5 yas2 

Hey Hey Hey - I love the prechorus and bridge. the entire instrumental is solid but most of the but lyrics feel ODD. 3/5 interesting1 

Roulette - gorgeous instrumental ruined by a repetitive chorus. 2.5/5 jj1 

Swish Swish - I don't like the suspenseful gaps in the song but it's a bop! 3.5/5 iggy1 

Deja Vu - I'm sorry but I feel like this song goes nowhere. Nice instrumental again. 3/5 rih9 

Power - Love the drums! Don't like the edit on her voice in the chorus :( 3.5/5 moo1 

Mind Maze - I'm familiar with Purity Ring so this song doesn't awe me at all. Sounds like she purchased this off them and slapped "woke" lyrics. The chorus disappointed me. Kind of makes me cringe. 2/5 ew2 

Miss you more - snooze. 1/5 jj4 

Chained to the rhythm - it's grown on me tremendously. I wish we had a solo version. 3.5/5 yas2 

Tsunami - LOVE the chill vibe of this song and the lyrics are some of her best imo. 4/5 yas2 

Bon Appétit - I fucking love this song and it deserved to smash. 4/5 yas2 

Bigger than me - europop vibes. hate it. 1/5 jj4 

Save as draft - the fans will appreciate this. But idc about John Mayer. Overall feels limp. 1/5 jj4 

Pendulum - cheesy song but it's nice and upbeat. 3/5 jj1

Into me you see - skip. 1/5 jj4 

Dance with the devil - shouldn't have seen daylight. 1/5 jj4 

Act my age - miss tongue-in-cheek Perry but this is cringe. Also the CD rip I have is damaged so I get a loud chipping sound that hurt my ears. 1/5 jj4 

OVERALL THOUGHTS

OKAY (49%) jj2 

Credits to Katy for finally exploring new sounds - level of quality drops as the record continues though. The instrumentals of the vast majority of the songs are GOOD. My issue is the lyrics, sound structures, disjointed tracklist and vocal delivery. Perry's signature humor is largely MISSING. 

Oh also - The album cover art is incredible. 

1 minute ago, Urbanov said:

It really is! Tsunami for Witness is like Same Ol' Mistakes for ANTI.

The Hyper-ballad to the Post. The Pendulum to the LP1. The Watch Me to the Hopelessness. The Art Deco to the Honeymoon!

3 minutes ago, BJORK said:

scream1 did I calculate wrong? lmfao2 

Nah but it should be at 49% cause 48,8 is much closer to 49. jj2 Still...I think you were a BIT too negative? I mean most of the tracks got a 3 or a 1. jj4 It seems like you didn't really want it to cross 50%. 

14 minutes ago, Yzma said:

Nah but it should be at 49% cause 48,8 is much closer to 49. jj2 Still...I think you were a BIT too negative? I mean most of the tracks got a 3 or a 1. jj4 It seems like you didn't really want it to cross 50%. 

5/5 means perfection to me and none of these songs ever reached that for me shrug1