Tasso

Katy: "I love Taylor, she's a fantastic songwriter"

9 hours ago, Jae said:

katy just released a diss track less than a month ago c'mon now lmfao2 

Yes she did, your point being? Katy has said it on more than one occasion that she wants to put their feud aside and move on.

2 hours ago, Hannah said:

Yes she did, your point being? Katy has said it on more than one occasion that she wants to put their feud aside and move on.

Hannah babe aura1

It's like you say something bad about me, then after a bit I respond with the same kind of thing, but then I say that I want to leave it all behind and that I want to make up with you aura1

2 hours ago, Hannah said:

hey hannah

4 minutes ago, Arya said:

Hannah babe aura1

It's like you say something bad about me, then after a bit I respond with the same kind of thing, but then I say that I want to leave it all behind and that I want to make up with you aura1

Yes basically. Just doesn't seem too genuine right after a diss but who knows 

5 minutes ago, Arya said:

Hannah babe aura1

So....what do you want to happen? Katy respond to Taylor then wait a few more years full of subtweets and petty business moves then have Katy say she wants to move on? It's better to make up and move on as soon as possible rather than wait half a decade full of animosity and petty jabs towards each other.

6 minutes ago, Hannah said:

So....what do you want to happen? Katy respond to Taylor then wait a few more years full of subtweets and petty business moves then have Katy say she wants to move on? It's better to make up and move on as soon as possible rather than wait half a decade full of animosity and petty jabs towards each other.

Well, I'd definitely want them to make up and collab on something, but Katy just released her diss track. I don't care about the petty drama, but Katy's "I want to make up" doesn't feel THAT genuine right now. Obviously I don't want them to fight, I'd love for Tay to stop making dumb decisions, but we all know she's calculated, vendicative and holds grudges for a long time, so I don't know if they'll ever make up unluckily.

Just now, Arya said:

Well, I'd definitely want them to make up and collab on something, but Katy just released her diss track. I don't care about the petty drama, but Katy's "I want to make up" doesn't feel THAT genuine right now. Obviously I don't want them to fight, I'd love for Tay to stop making dumb decisions, but we all know she's calculated, vendicative and holds grudges for a long time, so I don't know if they'll ever make up unluckily.

Yea I get what you're saying! It does seem kinda iffy but Katheryn has really just been letting it all out lately so I do feel like she's being sincere and giving credit where it's due! I would honestly get my life from a Tay Katy collab cry6 

Just now, Hannah said:

Yea I get what you're saying! It does seem kinda iffy but Katheryn has really just been letting it all out lately so I do feel like she's being sincere and giving credit where it's due! I would honestly get my life from a Tay Katy collab cry6 

That could be true! aura1

Stans would be SHOOK by a collab between them two whit1

I can see why this seems disingenuous coming after Swish Swish, but I really think Katy released the song and hashed things like this out during the livestream and now feels like the world knows her side and doesn't care who's right but wants to lay it down.

It's not really fair to criticize her for only apologizing AFTER she got to defend herself. Who wouldn't do that? You say your peace and then there's the moment of truth where you can reconcile or settle for things continuing the way they were. I really think Katy is at that point.

Lastly, let's give both of them some credit. Yes BB was inspired by Katy and SS by Taylor--but I'm sure both of them
meant what they said about the songs not being about one particular person. One person maybe instigated the song, but after that it becomes something they use to reject negativity from anyone. Even with my criticisms of Taylor I doubt she only ever thinks of Katy when she sings Bad Blood. It probably becomes associated with "enemies" whomever they may be at the time. Same with SS.

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app

Katy's apology seems really sincere, well-spoken, and heartfelt.  It does seem a bit jarring after everything else she said and Swish Swish, but I can't blame her for those either.  

Honestly this all seems a little calculated too.  She talked it up for weeks just to apologize on release weekend.  Now Taylor gets to respond when she comes out with the lead for TS6.  Seems like a good opportunity for headlines for both um2

On 6/11/2017 at 10:21 PM, Satori said:

I can see why this seems disingenuous coming after Swish Swish, but I really think Katy released the song and hashed things like this out during the livestream and now feels like the world knows her side and doesn't care who's right but wants to lay it down.

It's not really fair to criticize her for only apologizing AFTER she got to defend herself. Who wouldn't do that? You say your peace and then there's the moment of truth where you can reconcile or settle for things continuing the way they were. I really think Katy is at that point.

Lastly, let's give both of them some credit. Yes BB was inspired by Katy and SS by Taylor--but I'm sure both of them
meant what they said about the songs not being about one particular person. One person maybe instigated the song, but after that it becomes something they use to reject negativity from anyone. Even with my criticisms of Taylor I doubt she only ever thinks of Katy when she sings Bad Blood. It probably becomes associated with "enemies" whomever they may be at the time. Same with SS.

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app

I think you're right. I honestly take Swish Swish to be more of a general "getting over negativity" song than a straight up diss track. I feel like most of the lyrics are actually about self confidence, and the song actually feels like a more appropriate clapback to the ridiculously bad press and fake news surrounding her lately.

On 6/12/2017 at 8:58 AM, RandomosiTAY said:

Katy's apology seems really sincere, well-spoken, and heartfelt.  It does seem a bit jarring after everything else she said and Swish Swish, but I can't blame her for those either.  

Honestly this all seems a little calculated too.  She talked it up for weeks just to apologize on release weekend.  Now Taylor gets to respond when she comes out with the lead for TS6.  Seems like a good opportunity for headlines for both um2

I hope to goodness Taylor doesn't drag this out for another era, because all of this feud attention is starting to make people hate both of them dead2 

They're getting dangerously overexposed again and if they don't end it soon people are going to get fed up with it all. Katy's gotten to tell her side, now I just want them to privately make up and score a 32 week #1 smash duet because I love them both so much brit2

13 hours ago, Liz Lemon said:

I think you're right. I honestly take Swish Swish to be more of a general "getting over negativity" song than a straight up diss track. I feel like most of the lyrics are actually about self confidence, and the song actually feels like a more appropriate clapback to the ridiculously bad press and fake news surrounding her lately.

I hope to goodness Taylor doesn't drag this out for another era, because all of this feud attention is starting to make people hate both of them dead2 

They're getting dangerously overexposed again and if they don't end it soon people are going to get fed up with it all. Katy's gotten to tell her side, now I just want them to privately make up and score a 32 week #1 smash duet because I love them both so much brit2

This tbh.  If Taylor does address it I hope its just to say sorry/make up, and bury it.  And then release that duet of course  brit2

On 6/11/2017 at 9:43 AM, Arya said:

She just released Swish Swish, that's not going above and beyond to put the drama aside. jj4

Anyways, hope they make up and collab on something, it would be great and the stans would be SHOOK aura1

I'm not a Katy fan by any means but she is clearly making more of an effort than Taylor and, frankly, Swish Swish is simply a response to Taylor's shady Bad Blood hit. It's called defending yourself. 

13 hours ago, TheSugarVenom said:

I'm not a Katy fan by any means but she is clearly making more of an effort than Taylor and, frankly, Swish Swish is simply a response to Taylor's shady Bad Blood hit. It's called defending yourself. 

Sis, she can make how much effort she wants, it won't work right after releasing a diss track jj4

True, it's a response to Tay's "diss-track", but it's still another "diss-track" jj4