Simón.

Why do people think Beyonce is the queen?

Don't stone me but why do people think the is THAT superstar? 

Her singles all flop. She basically has only a good tour and the album charted good in the Anglo-world and that's about it. (most important music markets: US: #1 GER: #3, UK: #1, JAP #43). Chartwise it's only done bit better than Joanne (US: #1 GER: #6, UK: #3, JAP: #10). Basically the only songs people mostly know are Single Ladies and Crazy in Love. In that case she is not better than Gags as well. hay1

I mean she is more successful than others, but I don't really understand why people praise Beyoncé like she is the biggest (female) popstar out there sia2

Maybe someone can explain to me, but i think she is just overrated af

I think she's an exceptional performer but she's overhyped by her fans, although everything she does seem to be solely for hype and profit, considering how Jay's manager is the man behind putting random symbols into everybody's music videos just for Youtube tinfoil videos and subsequent exposure. She used to have  very different musical themes, but she went conceptual with "Beyonce" and "Lemonade" for a reason. I think she's a very opportunistic person.

Because she doesn't need a hit single to shift albums. People aren't here for quick singles from her, they fully appreciate her body of work. She is largely involved with her music, has enormous respect and influence and is super talented. She literally is THAT superstar. She rarely does promo and still sells bucket loads and everyone loves her. She's also had huge longevity and constantly reinvents herself, album wise. I feel like she BECAME that superstar after self-titled and Lemonade. 

Amazing vocals, amazing performance skills, amazing businesswoman and everything she does is so effortless.

I mean, commercially, Taylor is bigger than her, but she hasn't had the same impact as her and isn't even close to being as respected. jj2 

2 minutes ago, alexander said:

Because she doesn't need a hit single to shift albums. People aren't here for quick singles from her, they fully appreciate her body of work. She is largely involved with her music, has enormous respect and influence and is super talented. She literally is THAT superstar. She rarely does promo and still sells bucket loads and everyone loves her. She's also had huge longevity and constantly reinvents herself, album wise. I feel like she BECAME that superstar after self-titled and Lemonade. 

Amazing vocals, amazing performance skills, amazing businesswoman and everything she does is so effortless.

I mean, commercially, Taylor is bigger than her, but she hasn't had the same impact as her and isn't even close to being as respected. jj2 

But she is more a local thing  sia2

Name one other star that's on her level right now.

Who delivers visuals and music and outdoes themselves with every release?
Who gives it their absolute best on every single performance?
Who changed the game with a digital drop?
Beyoncé outsings and outperforms all her peers. There is literally noone on her level.

Taylor might sell more but she lacks the vocal talent and stage presence.
Gaga and Rihanna lack consistency.
Britney eve1
Xtina outsings her but that's it.
Adele outsells her but where is her showomanship?

All criticism of her is valid (her songwriting, recycled choreos, formulaic shows and calculated persona) but the cold hard fact is that there is noone doing what she's doing as well as she's doing it.
That and her and her team are genius at marketing her.

2 minutes ago, Justin Bieber said:

But she is more a local thing  sia2

She's adored here in the UK. I mean she slays all the English language countries but yeah the rest of Europe I don't really think are as here for ha sia1 Regardless if people buy her music or not, her tours are huge and people love her.

Just now, alexander said:

She's adored here in the UK. I mean she slays all the English language countries but yeah the rest of Europe I don't really think are as here for ha sia1 

yeah that what I meant, she not THAT superstar like Rihanna is for example imo 

Oh and the visual album concept is a pretty big deal, everyone's trying it now. She's also like the only popular artist right now that interests people with her full albums, while everybody else charts only with a gimmick single that will sound dated next summer. She's actually pretty unique on this current rotting music scene!

9 minutes ago, Justin Bieber said:

yeah that what I meant, she not THAT superstar like Rihanna is for example imo 

Beyonce transitioned from a girl group and has been in the game a lot longer than Rih. She's a better vocalist, dancer, performer, more acclaimed/respected and has bigger tours. Hell, she has bigger albums without the hits. Rih is too inconsistent. Only thing she has on Bey is recent hits

I love Rihanna and I think she could defo go down in history and be remembered (if not already) but she's not Beyonce.

Just now, alexander said:

Beyonce transitioned from a girl group and has been in the game a lot longer than Rih. She's a better vocalist, dancer, performer, more acclaimed/respected and has bigger tours. Hell, she has bigger albums without the hits. Rih is too inconsistent. Only thing she has on Bey is recent hits

I love Rihanna and I think she could defo go down in history and be remembered (if not already) but she's not Beyonce.

Nah, on a worldwide scale Rihanna is WAY bigger than Beyoncé

Because she's all that. At this point only Adele is above her. She's the most talented and dedicated pop-star at the moment. Even though Britney and Xtina both got bigger peaks and outdid Bey during the '00s, she ended up being the biggest act from the early '00s girls. All her dedication, hard work and flawless work ethic have finally paid off. 

1 minute ago, RuPaul said:

Because people love to overrate stuff that don't need to be overrated. Point period. 

The sweet sweet irony. brit12

Just now, Justin Bieber said:

Nah, on a worldwide scale Rihanna is WAY bigger than Beyoncé

Hence why I said, 'only thing she has on Bey is recent hits'. If Rih had an era without a hit she wouldn't be selling nearly as well. She's a singles artist. Regardless of whether Rihanna is commercially bigger globally (which I ain't doubting) she can't be THAT superstar because sales doesn't equate to her BEING THAT SUPERSTAR

19 minutes ago, RuPaul said:

Why? brit12 

giphy.gif

No need to say more.

18 minutes ago, alexander said:

Hence why I said, 'only thing she has on Bey is recent hits'. If Rih had an era without a hit she wouldn't be selling nearly as well. She's a singles artist. Regardless of whether Rihanna is commercially bigger globally (which I ain't doubting) she can't be THAT superstar because sales doesn't equate to her BEING THAT SUPERSTAR

Let's not discredit Rihanna's success just because she's not selling as many albums as Bey. We could argue the same about Bey if we compare her sales to Adele's or Taylor's. Rihanna is one of the most successful female acts of all time and she's a superstar. Also, albums sales are on the verge of extinction. Streaming is where it's at now, and Rihanna excels there, it's only a matter of time till the rest of the world starts including streaming into their charting system. Anyway, they both slay. 

and the HITS are what matter in the long run. It's what people will remember and Bey doesn't have that. She's much bigger as a celebrity than she is as a musician. Lemonade slayed me but she's really this generation's Janet.

She's clearly not interested in single success, her promotional campaign is associated with a project and not singular songs, which is why her album sold well and her tour was huge. She has no rivals when it comes to critical success, she's the only Pop star that reached the heights of Madonna's acclaim with the critics.

I mean, just to clear a few things out ; all of her singles were not put on Spotify, were uploaded months late on YouTube and did not have radio deals. Despite that, Sorry was certified Platinum (900k + sales), if you think that her album wouldn't have been a huge streaming success then you're straight up fooling yourself.

4 minutes ago, Yzma said:

and the HITS are what matter in the long run. It's what people will remember and Bey doesn't have that. She's much bigger as a celebrity than she is as a musician. Lemonade slayed me but she's really this generation's Janet.

But she already has so many memorable tunes spanning from 1998 to 2013 brit4 She's had more than enough of that kind of commercial success, and quite frankly if she continued that way she wouldn't be seen as the legend that she is today.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't stone me but why do people think the is THAT superstar?  Her singles all flop. She basically has only a good tour and the album charted good in the Anglo-world and that's about it. (most im

Name one other star that's on her level right now. Who delivers visuals and music and outdoes themselves with every release? Who gives it their absolute best on every single performance? Who changed

I think she's an exceptional performer but she's overhyped by her fans, although everything she does seem to be solely for hype and profit, considering how Jay's manager is the man behind putting rand

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.