Kristina

Artists you don't understand why people stan

I could never understand why grown ass men and women stan artists whose material is specifically aimed to children and teenagers (Justin Beiber, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Shawn Mendez etc) awk1. No shade but i find it crazy that a 30 year old can have the same music taste as a 6 year old awk1. I know they have catchy  fun songs but to go that extra mile........................awk1

I also agree about the Chris Brown one. If Chris had actually showed some remorse and redeemed himself then i would understand people forgiving him but he has literally never changed and it's sick how alot of his (female)  fanbase defends him awk1I mean he's FUCKING ABUSIVE TO FEMALES and they're ok with it  and buy his shit cause two of his victims forgave him???

5 hours ago, Mariah Elusive Carey said:

She ain't Afro Latina therefore she cannot sit in our table. 

Zoe Saldana can sit on our table, Carmelo Anthony too, as well as Fat Joe, Romeo Santos, etc

J.Lo, Marc Anthony, Ricky Martin, and Pitbull? HELL NO! 

and Mariah is a not African American either. lmfao1 She's part white and her father is Creole. She also looks white and just uses spray tan! Mariah has used the black culture as much, if not more than JLo has. 

@Mariah Elusive Carey

Related image

The reason Mariah was so successful is because she is a white-passing mixed race female. However, she knew she had the black audience wrapped around her finger so she marketed herself as "black" which is nothing but exploitation. Mariah never had to face the struggles other female black artists faced because she was practically a white girl trying to come off as black.

Image result for mariah carey retouch my body

Image result for mariah carey retouch my body

I mean...PLEASE.

2 minutes ago, Mariah Elusive Carey said:

Lmao you J-Hoe stans are so defensive it's sad. Yes we all know Mariah is white passing and pale as lilies but her father is Afro Latino. There is no denying that at all. 

and oh please, the majority of the black community love Mariah! We love her voice, her songs, her as an artist etc just like we love Patti Labelle, Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner, Whitney etc. Realistically many of us black folks don't care about Mariah being light skin. She has payed homage and has respected black culture (her culture). She never said she has the struggles of a black woman at all. Bi-racial? Yes but she never said she knew how hard it was to be a black woman. She also acknowledges her Irish side too. Mariah isn't problematic like J-Hoe from the STD Block. 

The only people that have a problem with Mariah identifying as a black woman are white people, latinos, and Uncle Tom self hating Blacks. I'm pretty sure you fit in one of those categories dead4 Most of us blacks allow Mariah to sit in our table. We cool with her. She family. She may not be a dark skin sister but if she says she black then she black. We cool with that. Nice attempt at trying to make Mariah seem like she's some non Afro Latina or some white girl from Long Island. 

Absolute fucking bullshit. Mariah is allowed to pull the shit JLo has done because she's like 1/4th black? JLo has had it much harder than Mariah did as a Latina from the fucking Bronx. JLo actually worked her way up from the Bronx where she grew up. She grew up with Latin and black music. What in the bloody hell gives you the right to decide who is allowed to record RnB music or feature rappers and shit? 

This sense of divisiveness and inconsistent cultural appropriation bullshit needs to stop. MUSIC IS NOT EXCLUSIVE TO A CERTAIN RACE. Just admit that you are pressed that JLo ended Mariah in 2001 but don't come in here preaching about cultural appropriation when you give others who've done it a pass. Has anyone ever accused Britney of cultural appropriation for using Urban music in 2004 and 2007 to market herself?

45 minutes ago, Ursula said:

and Mariah is a not African American either. lmfao1 She's part white and her father is Creole. She also looks white and just uses spray tan! Mariah has used the black culture as much, if not more than JLo has. 

um just no.

Her mother's family literally disowned her for dating a "black man". In the eyes of the people, she has every right to claim she's african american. 

24 minutes ago, Ursula said:

Absolute fucking bullshit. Mariah is allowed to pull the shit JLo has done because she's like 1/4th black? JLo has had it much harder than Mariah did as a Latina from the fucking Bronx. JLo actually worked her way up from the Bronx where she grew up. She grew up with Latin and black music. What in the bloody hell gives you the right to decide who is allowed to record RnB music or feature rappers and shit? 

This sense of divisiveness and inconsistent cultural appropriation bullshit needs to stop. MUSIC IS NOT EXCLUSIVE TO A CERTAIN RACE. Just admit that you are pressed that JLo ended Mariah in 2001 but don't come in here preaching about cultural appropriation when you give others who've done it a pass. Has anyone ever accused Britney of cultural appropriation for using Urban music in 2004 and 2007 to market herself?

This is just ignorant. Rhythm and blues, often abbreviated as R&B or RnB, is a genre of popular African-American music that originated in the 1940s.

Hip hop music, also called hip-hop[3][4] or rap music,[4][5][6] is a music genre developed in the United States by inner-city African Americans in the 1970s which consists of a stylized rhythmic music that commonly accompanies rapping, a rhythmic and rhyming speech that is chanted.

So while it may have expanded, it will always be rooted in an African-American lifestyle. Just the same as Country music and Rock are historically white and have consistently stayed that way. You can ignore a genres history. 

3 minutes ago, Red said:

This is just ignorant. Rhythm and blues, often abbreviated as R&B or RnB, is a genre of popular African-American music that originated in the 1940s.

Hip hop music, also called hip-hop[3][4] or rap music,[4][5][6] is a music genre developed in the United States by inner-city African Americans in the 1970s which consists of a stylized rhythmic music that commonly accompanies rapping, a rhythmic and rhyming speech that is chanted.

So while it may have expanded, it will always be rooted in an African-American lifestyle. Just the same as Country music and Rock are historically white and have consistently stayed that way. You can ignore a genres history. 

He said "rap is shit" who you trying to educate? 

Image result for gretchen gif

On 2017-06-11 at 6:24 PM, Ursula said:

Kylie - She's a cute girl and I do respect and love her but her music... dead2 I literally downloaded all of it and I am going through every release including singles and while I love her visuals...her music simply does not live up to it and has aged terribly.

At least you respect her as a person. She's too adorable.

20 minutes ago, Red said:

um just no.

Her mother's family literally disowned her for dating a "black man". In the eyes of the people, she has every right to claim she's african american. 

She grew up in a wealthy, white household and is white-passing. She never faced racism as much as others. She had an incredible advantage over actual black singers because a lot of white people considered her white, which she is, considering her ethnicity, overall appearance and upbringing. What she did throughout her career (mostly thanks to Tommy Motolla) was cultural appropriation. However, she unfairly gets a pass for it because she is considered a legend in the US and has successfully blended in with the black community.

17 minutes ago, Red said:

And I acknowledge that. Is it right to claim that only black people should record rap, RnB or hip hop? No. I think that's very divisive and racist.

Music should not be exclusive to people of a certain race, especially not, when black artists are just as successful as white artists these days.

2 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

At least you respect her as a person. She's too adorable.

She's a wonderful person. I'm so sad she might never have a family of her own. It breaks my heart everytime I think about it.

9 hours ago, Spencer Pratt said:

I'm sorry but these type of stans for these types of artists are DISGUSTING and I'm not sorry for saying it, look at this video and the people in it, Kylie should be ashamed if she ever watches it and cringe

This "receipt"

Again jay1

3 minutes ago, Ursula said:

She's a wonderful person. I'm so sad she might never have a family of her own. It breaks my heart everytime I think about it.

I know sob1

Having kids of her own is pretty much out of the question now, because of her age, and also because she had cancer.

It's sad cause if you look at interviews from the 90s and 00s, she's always talking about it. But it's not in the cards for her I don't think :(

3 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

I know sob1

Having kids of her own is pretty much out of the question now, because of her age, and also because she had cancer.

It's sad cause if you look at interviews from the 90s and 00s, she's always talking about it. But it's not in the cards for her I don't think :(

thankfully you don't have to give birth to be a mother btw cry9

1 minute ago, Sylk said:

thankfully you don't have to give birth to be a mother btw cry9

True true.

But she definitely did want kids of her own. Her song Flower which she wrote while recovering from cancer really shows how much she wanted kids, but she knows that possibility had come and gone now sob1

I could see her adopting maybe. She's 49 now, so I think it would be really cool if she really tried to settle down after this album. Then take a break, and come back with a Jazz-influenced Pop album sia1 But no CTC pls trash1 I'm talking Nu Jazz with some ballads sia1 

#AidanWISHES

9 minutes ago, Ursula said:

She grew up in a wealthy, white household and is white-passing. She never faced racism as much as others. She had an incredible advantage over actual black singers because a lot of white people considered her white, which she is, considering her ethnicity, overall appearance and upbringing. What she did throughout her career (mostly thanks to Tommy Motolla) was cultural appropriation. However, she unfairly gets a pass for it because she is considered a legend in the US and has successfully blended in with the black community.

And I acknowledge that. Is it right to claim that only black people should record rap, RnB or hip hop? No. I think that's very divisive and racist.

Music should not be exclusive to people of a certain race, especially not, when black artists are just as successful as white artists these days.

But it's not cultural appropriation if she's directly from the culture. Black people don't have an issue with Mariah, so I'm not sure why you're speaking on their behalf as to how they should feel as European German where no black people exist rip4

And direct quote from her

"But by 1995, Mariah grew desperate for more creative control. A major hip-hop fan, she was ready to incorporate more of those hard-edged, real-life musical influences into her work.

“[Critics] don’t understand that I’m someone who grew up with this music. It’s exciting for me to be able to work with Jay Z or Nas or Missy Elliott,” Mariah told Newsweek in 1999."

which is rooted in her upbringing from an African American father. 

and also you claimed she's never dealt with racism, then what about this interview

In a country obsessed with race, Mariah’s not-quite-Black, not-quite-White look sparked almost as much discussion as her five-octave vocal talent when she debuted. Almost immediately, she faced cultural appropriation claims from critics who argued that her soulful sound was merely an act to sell records.

"I'm not a White girl trying to sing Black," a then-20-year-old Mariah said in a 1991 interview with EBONY. "My father is Black and Venezuelan, my mother is Irish. That makes me a combination of all those things. I am a human being, a person. What I am not is a White girl trying to sing Black."

While some of her early-90s contemporaries played to their racially ambiguous look and minimized their African roots, Mariah never tried to hide or downplay her Black heritage. Instead, she embraced it, writing about it in her music, and speaking about the difficulties of growing up mixed on many occasions. Her willingness to discuss her own struggles — most recently detailing an incident in which she was spat on as a child — gave an important voice to an entire generation of biracial youth, and effectively panned any inauthenticity claims from critics. rip4

also

It was the 90's, a time when black singers were at their peak.  Whitney, Janet, Faith Evans, Mary J Blige, Brandy, Monica - literally every major girl was an R&B singer aside from Madonna whose brand was dying and Celine rip4 so she wasn't really taking anything from them as it was easy to make it big and the popular genre dead4 

It was even harder for a white person to do R&B in the 90's. I can't even think of another successful "white singer". 

It's clear you really don't know mariah laughcry1 

10 hours ago, Mariah Elusive Carey said:

Justin Timberlake - Stole from black people

Yea, he stole from black people so much that the Neptunes and Timbaland made millions of dollars collaborating with him! Multiple times, in fact! I wish someone would steal from me like that cry6 

Reading your posts in this thread and having seen some stuff you've posted before, I'm not even sure you really believe the stuff you're spouting. You come off like a white guy who's just playing this prejudiced black character in order to stir up a reaction.

7 hours ago, natalia said:

I could never understand why grown ass men and women stan artists whose material is specifically aimed to children and teenagers (Justin Beiber, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Shawn Mendez etc) awk1. No shade but i find it crazy that a 30 year old can have the same music taste as a 6 year old awk1. I know they have catchy  fun songs but to go that extra mile........................awk1

I also agree about the Chris Brown one. If Chris had actually showed some remorse and redeemed himself then i would understand people forgiving him but he has literally never changed and it's sick how alot of his (female)  fanbase defends him awk1I mean he's FUCKING ABUSIVE TO FEMALES and they're ok with it  and buy his shit cause two of his victims forgave him???

I'm 16 so I'm in his age range, but a lot of the adult fans of Shawn Mendes (at least around me) are more of a fan of his kindness and personality and how personable he is with his fans. IMO he's one of the only pop dudes that it isn't a dick and actually puts in the work needed to get the places he wants to go. 

Reasons to stan Kesha that'll y'all are blind to:

• Can sing
  • Can write
  • Can dance
  • Humble
  • Kind
  • Has visuals
  • Radiates badassery
  • Is connected with fans
  • Is wholeheartedly dedicated to her music
  • Is funny as fuck

*Takes breathe*

• Has great bops
  • Has great ballads
  • Versatile
  • Does respectful covers
  • Actually gives a fuck about her fans and career
  • Isn't a bitch or has a false sense of entitlement 
  • Worked hard to get where she is
  • Positive role model
  • Brave
  • Combated dier personal struggles
  • Charitable
  • Finally, she has great boobs

alex1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chris Brown, especially considering #TeamBreezy is mostly made up of women.

Mariah - The entire discography is a huge collection of lullabies, her personality is absolutely horrible and she has got to be one of the most arrogant and delusional girls out there. Taylor - C

This creature:  Can't sing, can't dance, terrible performer, doesn't write/compose her music (and never had), uses doubles to sing and dance for her in her records and videos, has lip-synche

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.