Gilly

Gagas most/least cohesive era?

most/least cohesive Gaga era  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Most cohesive?

2. 2. Least cohesive?

The Fame was the most cohesive, really. The album was almost entirely this bombastic dance-pop sound, her fashion was similar the entire way through (especially the geometric shapes, and the bangs which have become synonymous with that era now for fans), all great pop videos that everyone liked or at the very least was intrigued by. While the following eras until ARTPOP were a lot less consistent, they were also better and more enjoyable imo.

Least cohesive has been Joanne - it's been a random mix of PopGa and CountryGa with no rhythm to her fashion, visuals and music even now that we have The Cure.

most cohesive - tfm. everything went so well together. The lyrics/production of the music, looks, outfits, styling, visuals, etc all executed the "dark" theme perfectly yas2

The Bad Romance-Telephone-Alejandro music video punch was so fucking GOOD yas2    

Least cohesive: AP. Sis was all over the place.   dead2 

14 minutes ago, Gilly said:

i should be tbh. eve1 i just have my chemistry one left tomorrow then im free  cry1 are you done? interesting1 

I have to turn in my black studies final and take my psych final at 12 and then i'll be done ny3 i cant wait ny3 

also where do you live in IV oprah12 

14 minutes ago, Kenya said:

I have to turn in my black studies final and take my psych final at 12 and then i'll be done ny3 i cant wait ny3 

also where do you live in IV oprah12 

do you guys both go to UCSB or something dead2 

anyways OT, most cohesive is tfm. she had her shit together and had an IMAGE for that era.

least cohesive: joanne dead2 i would say artpop but she still had a vision for that era, even if it got fucked up. joanne was just gaga doing this subdued era then doing the superbowl and then coachella and then releasing the cure dead2dead2dead2 and then the john wayne video dead2 

Just now, Merryem said:

do you guys both go to UCSB or something dead2 

anyways OT, most cohesive is tfm. she had her shit together and had an IMAGE for that era.

least cohesive: joanne dead2 i would say artpop but she still had a vision for that era, even if it got fucked up. joanne was just gaga doing this subdued era then doing the superbowl and then coachella and then releasing the cure dead2dead2dead2 and then the john wayne video dead2 

Yes we do rip2 

also I voted most cohesive TFM, that EP is pure gold and has some of her best music and really propelled her to where she is now, fame-wise.

least cohesive was ARTPOP tbh I think the GP was like ?? but just the execution was off rip2 

1 minute ago, Kenya said:

Yes we do rip2 

also I voted most cohesive TFM, that EP is pure gold and has some of her best music and really propelled her to where she is now, fame-wise.

least cohesive was ARTPOP tbh I think the GP was like ?? but just the execution was off rip2 

omg!! I'm there all the time since my best friend goes there rip2 . what year are you in? 

1 minute ago, Merryem said:

omg!! I'm there all the time since my best friend goes there rip2 . what year are you in? 

I'll be a senior this next year I guess rip2. Are you in LA? 

2 minutes ago, Kenya said:

I'll be a senior this next year I guess rip2. Are you in LA? 

yeah, I go to USC dead4 I was sooooo close to going to UCSB and it was my dream school for a while, when I joined this forum actually dead4 i remember asking @Gilly what his SAT scores were that got him into ucsbrip2 

2 minutes ago, Merryem said:

yeah, I go to USC dead4 I was sooooo close to going to UCSB and it was my dream school for a while, when I joined this forum actually dead4 i remember asking @Gilly what his SAT scores were that got him into ucsbrip2 

one of my friend's boyfriend just graduated from there with a degree in accounting!

one of my friend's boyfriend just graduated from there with a degree in accounting!

oh cool! I dont know much about our accounting school, Im a poli sci major :) if he's gay tho I probably know him since our gay community is so fucking condensed dead4 

29 minutes ago, Merryem said:

oh cool! I dont know much about our accounting school, Im a poli sci major :) if he's gay tho I probably know him since our gay community is so fucking condensed dead4 

Oh damn! polisci is my shit. Politics is something that I do as a hobby. He isn't unfortunately, I wish he was though lol.

Oh damn! polisci is my shit. Politics is something that I do as a hobby. He isn't unfortunately, I wish he was though lol.

hahaha I feel you on that last part so hard dead4 well im at ucsb pretty often, dont be a stranger! if you ever see me on grindr or something, dont hesitate to say hi :) 

imo Joanne is her most cohesive era to this date (I don't count The Cure as a part of it). It may not be her best album, but it actually feels like an album, instead of compilation of random songs. Also she doesn't have like 39483989 different looks during this era.

Least cohesive era was definitely ARTPOP. It was just a mess. 

Her most cohesive album is The Fame Monster. Everything fit together perfectly, the music, the visuals, the timing of it all. oprah4

Her least cohesive to me is either Joanne or ARTPOP. A lot of fans were not sure what she was trying to achieve during ARTPOP and still aren't during the Joanne era, therefore how is the GP supposed to engage with it all? oprah11

Are y'all tripping?

Her most cohesive is Born This Way or Joanne in terms of album sound.

The experimental, confusing fusion of 80's rock and electronic music was prominent and strong throughout the whole album of Born This Way and it worked along with the political themes stated throughout the whole album. It was just a great album as a whole. (I'm speaking of the Standard Edition) 

As for Joanne, although my least favorite of the group all settled with one theme and sound and is indeed her most personal work of art created. 

Her least cohesive has to be ARTPOP, it's the only one with the most confusing theme and sound and didn't know what it wanted to be.

Y'all need to know the definition of Cohesion 

the action or fact of forming a united whole.

All of Gaga's albums sound great as a whole and have a theme, however they were possibly most prominent in Born this Way and Joanne cause they had a certain, unique theme to it that resonated throughout the entire album.

The Fame Monster is also a REALLY great Cohesive record, however it's an EP so I don't consider it an entire piece of work, only a flip side to The Fame.