Infrared

Adele, Taylor, and Gaga - touring trinity, Why?

Average ticket prices on TickPick from 2013

Adele fans buying on the secondary marketplace make her the runaway winner as the female artist with the most expensive concert tickets, according to TickPick. The British singer is way in front of rivals Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, and Beyoncé.

Adele fans are prepared to pay an average of nearly $395.79 for tickets to her shows, the statistics say, based the online marketplace’s data on events from 2013 to date. Adele’s nearest rival is Swift, on $236.65 - some $160 a ticket behind. Of the 10 most popular female artists, Ariana Grande has the least expensive average ticket, at $107.12.

“The main factor that drives prices is simply supply versus demand,” according to Joe Cassito, Head of Broker Relations at TickPick. “As artists are more popular and their bodies of work more listened to, they will have higher average ticket prices.”

The larger the venue and the more dates per city, the lower the average prices will be because there are increased opportunities to attend the concert. This can be good news for the consumer, with cheaper ticket prices, but can hurt the artist’s profits with lesser turnout per show.

“Katy Perry is one artist aware of this,” said Cassito. “She performs at arenas instead of stadiums, and never adds more than two shows per city while on tour.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markbeech/2017/06/14/adele-beats-taylor-swift-lady-gaga-as-most-expensive-fan-ticket-tickpick-says/#25d7d4244741

gMoUe1m.gif

7 minutes ago, Red said:

“Katy Perry is one artist aware of this,” said Cassito. “She performs at arenas instead of stadiums, and never adds more than two shows per city while on tour.”

She could easily have done 1 or 2 stadium dates during the PWT instead of multiple arena dates tho wat3

EDIT: Never mind, checked the context and it wasn't shady

More like Beyoncé, Taylor and Adele. And Madonna of course, but she's on a league of her own. The rest can't relate. Kii at the fad being part of the touring trinity when her last tour didn't even cross the $100m mark. kii1 in before, but xtinct this xtinct that!!1!!1 lmfao2 

12 minutes ago, havok said:

More like Beyoncé, Taylor and Adele. And Madonna of course, but she's on a league of her own. The rest can't relate. Kii at the fad being part of the touring trinity when her last tour didn't even crossed the $100m mark. kii1 in before, but xtinct this xtinct that!!1!!1 lmfao2 

and she's looking to outgross that. My tour date has a 40k seat capacity.

gMoUe1m.gif

Why are we bringing up xtinct? We're talking about tours, afterall. 

gMoUe1m.gif

16 minutes ago, Red said:

and she's looking to outgross that. My tour date has a 40k seat capacity.

Why are we bringing up xtinct? We're talking about tours, afterall. 

Will she gross past the $250 million mark like a real touring force or not?  

gMoUe1m.gif

Just anticipating your predictable self. It's always a good kii to read yours delusions. It's been 6 years already since the fad fell from grace and here you are still trying to pass her as successful. Bless your soul. 

gMoUe1m.gif

30 minutes ago, havok said:

gMoUe1m.gif

Just anticipating your predictable self. It's always a good kii to read yours delusions. It's been 6 years already since the fad fell from grace and here you are still trying to pass her as successful. Bless your soul. 

gMoUe1m.gif

I don't need xtinct to drag you (I literally dragged you with your own words today) and I can't remember the last time I even brought her up - you assume that I will as some basic defense.

gMoUe1m.gif

But you failed to answer the question. According to the GP, there's a demand for Gaga. Unless those prices are fake, but why would Forbes report fake news? Show me which tour Adele grossed $250

gMoUe1m.gif

and it's not even serious of a thread, but here you are on alert as usual. I don't have to press hard.

gMoUe1m.gif

1 minute ago, Red said:

I don't need xtinct to drag you (I literally dragged you with your own words today) and I can't remember the last time I even brought her up - you assume that I will as some basic defense.

But you failed to answer the question. According to the GP, there's a demand for Gaga. Unless those prices are fake, but why would Forbes report fakes news?

and it's not even serious of a thread, but here you are on alert as usual. I don't have to press hard.

Except you didn't. Witness WAS predicted to debut with higher numbers, now it's predicted to debut with similar ones and it might even sell more (pure sales) despite having no shameless discount and being released in Q2. So where's exactly is the drag when I'm not the one doing the prediction? I just went with what was true at the time but nice try.

gMoUe1m.gif

Which question? According to her last tour's stats there's not much to brag about but you're always overrating anything the fad does and disguising her failures as success. But if there's such a demand like you're claiming then I guess she won't struggle to sell-out every single show and gross more than $250 million like Beyoncé/Adele/Taylor did, right? 

gMoUe1m.gif

• Formation Tour - (49 dates) / $256m grossed / 2,242,099 attendance
  • Artshit Ball - (79 dates) / $83m grossed / 920,088 attendance 

But right, the fad is part of the touring trinity and Beyoncé is not. Stay deluded, xoxo. 

gMoUe1m.gif

12 minutes ago, havok said:

Except you didn't. Witness WAS predicted to debut with higher numbers, now it's predicted to debut with similar ones and it might even sell more (pure sales) despite having no shameless discount and being released in Q2. So where's exactly is the drag when I'm not the one doing the prediction? I just went with what was true at the time but nice try.

gMoUe1m.gif

Which question? According to her last tour's stats there's not much to brag about but you're always overrating anything the fad does and disguising her failures as success. But if there's such a demand like you're claiming then I guess she won't struggle to sell-out every single show and gross more than $250 million like Beyoncé/Adele/Taylor did, right? 

gMoUe1m.gif

• Formation Tour - (49 dates) / $256m grossed / 2,242,099 attendance
  • Artshit Ball - (79 dates) / $83m grossed / 920,088 attendance 

But right, the fad is part of the touring trinity and Beyoncé is not. Stay deluded, xoxo. 

gMoUe1m.gif

On 6/11/2017 at 3:20 AM, havok said:

And? Good for them for scoring such a massive hit, but we aren't talking about Beyoncé, Rihanna or them. We're talking about Witness opening with better numbers than Joanne, that's the book definition of outperforming. Witness is predicted to outperform Joanne, that's a fact. No matter how hard you try to deflect, that won't change. Seethe all you want, Katy keeps winning over poor fad. 

tumblr_oft1stVcG81u6n38po1_250.gif

But isn't 200 - 225k maximum about the same distance as minimum 180 - 195k. So which is it? It's far away or it's the same? Math wasn't your subject in high school? Didn't take stats 101 yet? 

gMoUe1m.gif

It's going to sell more pure sales #6 on Itunes? with more tour bundles? another weekend live stream? another single? 

gMoUe1m.gif

You told me there was nothing that would change that prediction. NOTHING.

gMoUe1m.gif

So what happened GP isn't interested anymore?

gMoUe1m.gif

But which Adele tour grossed $250? I'm waiting.

gMoUe1m.gif

and we still haven't answered the question for why the GP is interested in buying tickets then at such a high price for apparently an artist not in demand. 

gMoUe1m.gif

But I'll answer for you

No matter how hard you try to deflect, that won't change. Seethe all you want, fad keeps winning.

gMoUe1m.gif gMoUe1m.gif gMoUe1m.gif 

Beyonce released in Q2 last year and had no problem selling and I can give you plenty of Q2 examples that had no problem, including Born This Way. It's fucking October. No ones getting christmas presents on October 21st - they're buying Halloween costumes.

Unless you think Halloween has a major boost for the music market now?

gMoUe1m.gif

56 minutes ago, Red said:

But isn't 200 - 225k maximum about the same distance as minimum 180 - 195k. So which is it? It's far away or it's the same? Math wasn't your subject in high school? Didn't take stats 101 yet? 

It's going to sell more pure sales #6 on Itunes? with more tour bundles? another weekend live stream? another single? 

You told me there was nothing that would change that prediction. NOTHING.

So what happened GP isn't interested anymore?

But which Adele tour grossed $250? I'm waiting.

and we still haven't answered the question for why the GP is interested in buying tickets then at such a high price for apparently an artist not in demand. 

But I'll answer for you

No matter how hard you try to deflect, that won't change. Seethe all you want, fad keeps winning.

Joanne opened with 201K SPS (170K sales). Witness is CURRENTLY predicted to do 180-195K (160-175K sales). Are you aware that 175K > 170K or do we need to send you back to kindergarten? 170K is inside the 160-175K range, so how is it not similar exactly? We should ask that kindergarten teacher to fix those reading comprehension skills too, I guess. 

gMoUe1m.gif

I said it might, not that it's going to. Let's clear that up before you try to put words in my mouth again. That's what HDD is claiming as of now (160 - 175K), if you have any problem with that, feel free to email their staff. Kii at you acting as if that live stream is doing something, the fad discounted her album down to $3.99, just stop. 

gMoUe1m.gif

I said that nothing that creep would have said was gonna change the fact that, at the time, Witness was predicted to debut with higher figures. Where's the lie?

gMoUe1m.gif

Are you really trying to come for Adele of all people? Her current tour will, once she's done with it. It will most likely end up outgrossing any tour by the fad too and with less dates.  

gMoUe1m.gif

No hits, all singles flopped (sans MR in the US), poor album sales, tragic chart runs, album had no longevity despite the massive promo (including the SB) and her countless shameless discounts. But right, she's winning!1!!1! We'll see how much demand there's once those boxscores start to come, I'm expecting nothing less than +$250 million since she's part of the touring trinity!1!! 

gMoUe1m.gif

48 minutes ago, Red said:

Beyonce released in Q2 last year and had no problem selling and I can give you plenty of Q2 examples that had no problem, including Born This Way. It's fucking October. No ones getting christmas presents on October 21st - they're buying Halloween costumes.

Unless you think Halloween has a major boost for the music market now?

Katy is flopping, no one is trying to deny that, but she has never been an album seller, so why on Earth would anyone expect her to sell albums like Bey? Q4 has higher sales than any other time of the year, that's a proven fact no matter how hard you try to deflect. Now, let's wait for the finals numbers (Billboard) and then we will discuss, ok? But let's get something clear, whether Katy is flopping or not (she is), that won't change the fact that your precious fad bombed with Joanne and hasn't had a successful era since BTW, more than half a decade ago, meanwhile Katy is just getting into her first flop era. Let that sink in, xoxo. 

gMoUe1m.gif

52 minutes ago, havok said:

Joanne opened with 201K SPS (170K sales). Witness is CURRENTLY predicted to do 180-195K (160-175K sales). Are you aware that 175K > 170K or do we need to send you back to kindergarten? 170K is inside the 160-175K range, so how is it not similar exactly? We should ask that kindergarten teacher to fix those reading comprehension skills too, I guess. 

gMoUe1m.gif

I said it might, not that it's going to. Let's clear that up before you try to put words in my mouth again. That's what HDD is claiming as of now (160 - 175K), if you have any problem with that, feel free to email their staff. Kii at you acting as if that live stream is doing something, the fad discounted her album down to $3.99, just stop. 

gMoUe1m.gif

I said nothing that creep would have said was gonna change the fact that, at the time, Witness was predicted to debut with higher figures. Where's the lie?

gMoUe1m.gif

Are you really trying to come for Adele of all people? Her current tour will, once she's done with it. It will most likely end up outgrossing any tour by the fad too and with less dates.  

gMoUe1m.gif

No hits, all singles flopped (sans MR in the US), poor albums sales, album had no longevity despite the massive promo (including the SB) and her countless shameless discounts. But right, she's winning!1!!1! We'll see how much demand there's once those boxscores start to come, I'm expecting nothing less than +$250 million since she's part of the touring trinity. 

gMoUe1m.gif

Katy is flopping and she has never been an album seller, so why on Earth would anyone expect her to sell albums like Bey? Q4 has higher sales than any other time of the year, that's a proven fact no matter how hard you try to deflect. Now, let's wait for the finals numbers (Billboard) and then we will discuss. 

gMoUe1m.gif

But you missed the point lmfao2 

You were bragging when it was expected to hit 225k and it's ok now that it can be expected to do 180k. Even though they aren't that far off from 200k lmfao2   The same could be said about streaming though. Katy is the bigger streaming artist and yet she can't even beat 1989, a 2 year old album and Joanne in her debut week? Not even Demi Lovato's SPS lmfao2 

with 3 singles! lmfao1 

You keep going on and on about pure sales as if that matters for the charts lmfao2  Show me where Billboard Hot 200 is only pure sales. I'm only discussing official business, and as you said "Let me repeat the question, is she or isn't she STILL predicted to debut with better numbers than the fad? Yeah, EXACTLY."

Let's repeat it a few times, just so you remember, because you seem to be blocking it from your thought? Let's add some color too for Pride Month. legend1

Let me repeat the question, is she or isn't she STILL predicted to debut with better numbers than the fad? Yeah, EXACTLY.

Let me repeat the question, is she or isn't she STILL predicted to debut with better numbers than the fad? Yeah, EXACTLY.

and the discount thing was 1,000 copies or less, so keep trying it - on Amazon. Joanne was #1 throughout the week and didn't need a bundle to keep it going lmfao2 

Without the bundle Katy would be under 100K. 

Really cause MR is certified in multiple countries, so it must be working somewhere.

Australia (ARIA)[111] Gold 35,000^
Brazil (Pro-Música Brasil)[112] Platinum 60,000*
Canada (Music Canada)[113] Gold 40,000^
Italy (FIMI)[114] 2× Platinum 100,000double-dagger
United States (RIAA)[40] Platinum 828,000[28]

gMoUe1m.gif

Weren't you the one who came for Adele, what type of fucking mess lmfao2  Adele is in the thread as the trinity, how is that coming for her lmfao2 

Let's answer the question again you posed:

So Adele isn't a real touring force? That's what you said? or no? I'm just making things up?

gMoUe1m.gif

So now Katy can't sell albums even though her TD matched Born This Way and Prism sold well?

gMoUe1m.gif

Q4 has higher sales in November and December. when shops discount for the holiday season lmfao2 

gMoUe1m.gif

so you're saying that 

4 months of promo, 3 singles, 2 big features, 2 big videos (both which have more views than the three Joanne videos), Grammy performance, Spotify deals and Billboards, BRIT performance, remix with Lil Yachty, Taylor feud, tour bundles lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2 

can't make up for Q2 loss lmfao2  The industry isn't dying that fast sis. lmfao2 

now you said it wouldn't change PERIOD. so we shouldn't be seeing "at that time."

NOT.

AT.

ALL.

gMoUe1m.gif

But now that we've reached the end of my post, just answer this question yes or no:

gMoUe1m.gif

YES

OR

NO

Image result for no model gif

gMoUe1m.gif

21 minutes ago, Entea said:

As much as I stan for Adele, I wouldn't pay nearly $400 for a ticket but if anyone is willing to pay one for me then hit me up

gMoUe1m.gif

You'd do it for maluma if he was in town.

ZV2d7Fo.gif

19 minutes ago, Red said:

But you missed the point lmfao2 

You were bragging when it was expected to hit 225k and it's ok now that it can be expected to do 180k. Even though they aren't that far off from 200k lmfao2   The same could be said about streaming though. Katy is the bigger streaming artist and yet she can't even beat 1989, a 2 year old album and Joanne in her debut week? Not even Demi Lovato's SPS lmfao2 

with 3 singles! lmfao1 

You keep going on and on about pure sales as if that matters for the charts lmfao2  Show me where Billboard Hot 200 is only pure sales. I'm only discussing official business, and as you said "Let me repeat the question, is she or isn't she STILL predicted to debut with better numbers than the fad? Yeah, EXACTLY."

Let's repeat it a few times, just so you remember, because you seem to be blocking it from your thought? Let's add some color too for Pride Month. legend1

and the discount thing was 1,000 copies or less, so keep trying it - on Amazon. Joanne was #1 throughout the week and didn't need a bundle to keep it going lmfao2 

Without the bundle Katy would be under 100K. 

Really cause MR is certified in multiple countries, so it must be working somewhere.

Australia (ARIA)[111] Gold 35,000^
Brazil (Pro-Música Brasil)[112] Platinum 60,000*
Canada (Music Canada)[113] Gold 40,000^
Italy (FIMI)[114] 2× Platinum 100,000double-dagger
United States (RIAA)[40] Platinum 828,000[28]

gMoUe1m.gif

Weren't you the one who came for Adele, what type of fucking mess lmfao2  Adele is in the thread as the trinity, how is that coming for her lmfao2 

Let's answer the question again you posed:

So Adele isn't a real touring force? That's what you said? or no? I'm just making things up?

gMoUe1m.gif

So now Katy can't sell albums even though her TD matched Born This Way and Prism sold well?

gMoUe1m.gif

Q4 has higher sales in November and December. when shops discount for the holiday season lmfao2 

gMoUe1m.gif

so you're saying that 

4 months of promo, 3 singles, 2 big features, 2 big videos (both which have more views than the three Joanne videos), Grammy performance, Spotify deals and Billboards, BRIT performance, remix with Lil Yachty, Taylor feud, tour bundles lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2 

can't make up for Q2 loss lmfao2  The industry isn't dying that fast sis. lmfao2 

now you said it would change PERIOD. so we shouldn't be seeing at that time.

NOT.

AT.

ALL.

gMoUe1m.gif

But now that we've reached the end of my post, just answer this question yes or no:

gMoUe1m.gif

YES

OR

NO

Image result for no model gif

gMoUe1m.gif

i havent gotten as good of a ki from a post since when gilly made the rebel heart being blocked by sam smith's 4th week album sales in the UK dead2 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me when I enter Walmart

But you missed the point     You were bragging when it was expected to hit 225k and it's ok now that it can be expected to do 180k. Even though they aren't that far off from 200k    The same

and she's looking to outgross that. My tour date has a 40k seat capacity.   Why are we bringing up xtinct? We're talking about tours, afterall. 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.