Count Olaf

Why is the GP only interested in rap/edm tracks?

i was reading bb article and it said that the bb top 10 was all hh/edm apart from despactio. how is hh or edm better then any pop banger like cttf for example. that song deserved to SLAY and it didn't even enter the charts despite being part of a US promo tour or smt. hh is rubbish in my opinion

Because it is a reflection of the most streamed songs, and in most streaming services, Hip-Hop/EDM heads mostly run the show over there, pop music, especially by pop girls, do not get much love/streams from them. 

Recent pop releases from pop girls are not that great too, even stans admitted it.

Don't worry though, it is a cycle, everything comes back around again.

That's all.

9 minutes ago, Luca. said:

It's a phase! kii1 

We're still in '10s, new pop stars will dethrone EDM/Rap before the end of this decade, bookmark me! sia1 

we just have to wait for kesha's new album to restart that cycle 

People need to stop using EDM. It's something very different. jj4 

We went from:

EDM to Dubstep to House and Indie/Country EDM (Avicii) to Deep House (90s revival) to Tropical House.

With the 90s revival, old school hip hop, funk and RnB also experienced a huge comeback. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now sis I love Kesha but

Because it is a reflection of the most streamed songs, and in most streaming services, Hip-Hop/EDM heads mostly run the show over there, pop music, especially by pop girls, do not get much love/stream

Different things come in and out of style. Kind of a lame answer, but it's true.

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.