Slasher

Witness Worldwide amassed over 49 Million Viewers!

katy-perry-va-live-june-2017-billboard-1

Last Thursday (June 8) Katy Perry kicked off the weekend of her Witness album release with a 96-hour livestream, entitled Witness World Wide, in partnership with YouTube. The stream encompassed a number of celebrity guests, wild segments and political discussions -- and amassed over 49 million total views. The event lived up to its international name as well, with Katy Kats from over 190 different countries tuning in. 

“We are absolutely thrilled with the success of this unique and surprising event and are honored to have supported Katy’s ambitious, creative vision,” said Susanne Daniels, Global Head of Original Content, YouTube in a statement. “It was truly remarkable to watch Katy share herself with the world and we admire her openness, honesty, and engagement with fans on YouTube throughout the entire 96-hour live stream.”

Perry has long been active on YouTube, with over 24 million subscribers and 11 billion views across her channels. The online event promoted her new album Witness, which is currently the No. 1 album in over 41 countries. 

Source

19 minutes ago, California boy said:

Huge numbers! I hope Katy is gonna do more events like that in the future cry6

There are rumors of her dropping another documentary about the Making of Witness sometime in July wendy1 

2 minutes ago, Maria Mena said:

Please yas2 

I need more to Witness yas2 

During the fan pajama/listening party she mentioned that she filmed the studio process where she talked about the making of each song, and then there was another guy on Instagram (can't find his post at the mo) that worked on the live stream that said there was some kind of doc coming in July, so I think it's a pretty credible rumor!

Omg that's brilliant. I love how she always fully stands behind her work, this wild choice to make a livestream is further proof of that. & Now there's rumours of a documentary? Slay us Katheryn cry7

K the album streamed on repeat all weekend so how do we convert those to streams 

lol1 

This though.

No shade, and I mean that, but if this were Gaga or something Billboard would make it happen.

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app