Chris

A Street Artist Turns Jerry Seinfeld and Kesha’s Awkward Non-Hug Into Art

Lushsux painted this mural of Kesha getting rejected by Jerry Seinfeld. Courtesy of Its Mike Larry.

A brutally awkward celebrity interaction has been immortalized in the streets of Melbourne, Australia, in the latest work from Lushsux. The piece shows comedian Jerry Seinfeld rebuffing pop star Kesha, who had interrupted him in an interview to proclaim her love and ask for a hug.

The encounter took place on June 5 at a David Lynch Foundation event at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC. Seinfeld was speaking to a local reporter when the singer known for hit songs such as “Tik Tok” and “Die Young” walked by.

“I love you so much!” an enthusiastic Kesha proclaimed. “Can I give you a hug?”

“No thanks,” Seinfeld replied. He remained staunch in his denial, even backing away to evade her outstretched arms when the singer asked two more times. “Please,” she pleaded, clarifying that it would just be “a little one.”

Rejected, Kesha continued down the red carpet, and Seinfeld returned to the interview, admitting he had no idea who she was.

The exchange quickly went viral, with Kesha’s fans slamming the comic on social media for being rude. Seinfeld clarified his position on hugging to Extra, saying, “I don’t hug a total stranger.” He also admitted that at 63 years old, he’s not totally in the know about young celebrities.

more at https://news.artnet.com/art-world/jerry-seinfeld-kesha-hug-lushsux-mural-993065