Luca

What are your opinions on Joanne now?

Still the same. Could have been far better had she done more songs in the vein of A-Yo, DIC and JW. The album simply comes off as very very bland, still. A wallflower next to her other albums. God, how much I wish she wouldn't have let Mark take the wheel and sticked to the funk/rock/disco sound. 3JjLjP6.gif The worst part about it, however, are these atrocious vocals. I simply can't stand the way she sings on the final versions of her tracks. She sounds so good in those early takes of we've heard, including the ones from ARTPOP. Does she really think her fucking Koons vocals make hers sound like a good singer?D4CsoxJ.gif IY4u7ps.png

Pretty much the same for me!! I loved PI and lived for Joanne and it's the same. I listen to it much less frequently though and haven't actually listened to it independently in full in a while (just mixed together in my Gaga playlist). 

Let me actually re listen before I make comments next time chi1

39 minutes ago, Ursula said:

Still the same. Could have been far better had she done more songs in the vein of A-Yo, DIC and JW. The album simply comes off as very very bland, still. A wallflower next to her other albums. God, how much I wish she wouldn't have let Mark take the wheel and sticked to the funk/rock/disco sound. 3JjLjP6.gif The worst part about it, however, are these atrocious vocals. I simply can't stand the way she sings on the final versions of her tracks. She sounds so good in those early takes of we've heard, including the ones from ARTPOP. Does she really think her fucking Koons vocals make hers sound like a good singer?D4CsoxJ.gif IY4u7ps.png

Her vocals on it are unbearable. D4CsoxJ.gif The accent & the shouting are just extremely unpleasant. Some songs could've genuinely sounded decent had she stripped her vocal work down a bit, less is more sometimes! IY4u7ps.png

Lemme dig into this a bit IY4u7ps.png

I'm glad it happened. It's not something that people would expect from her, to do a country/rock inspired album. But, in like 2 decades when we look back at her catalog, the album will stand out because it's THAT album when she changed her sound and stepped off her casual electro sound (unless she's planning to do more stripped back albums, smth I'm not really here for IY4u7ps.png) and when she changed her image to a more "toned down" Gaga. 

In my opinion, it's her least cohesive album when it comes to the sound and the production. There's rock, folk, country, electro, tropical, boring (aka Hey Whore), jazz-ish sound. But, it's short, so that makes it listenable. The vocals are great, don't know what are people talking about. Everyone's voice changes when you sing for over a decade. 

These were the good thing IY4u7ps.png Lemme drag that Starbucks bitch a bit now IY4u7ps.png

The era was SHORT. We weren't waiting 3 years for this. She indeed did some big promo slots such as the AMAs, SNL, Carpool Karaoke etc. But, where were Ellen, Jimmy Kimmel/Fallon? In Europe she promoted only in The UK and she only did a phone call radio interview in Australia. The promo in Japan was decent. I don't want her to overwork herself as she did during the Born This Way era when she literally promoted on some Z-list TV channels, but she could've went to X Factor, The Voice and other things like that all over the world.

The fucking videos.... For real? IY4u7ps.png Can she just drop Ruth's ass? She's good for a interlude, but definitely not good for a music video. She released her two WORST videos for the actual singles. I wanted to slap that bitch when I found out that Brandon Maxwell directed the Million Reasons video. The Fuck? He's a stylist. No wonder why it was similar to the Apple commercial, because he directed that one as well - which was really good considering it was just a commercial (seems like his directing skills are limited to white screen and a guitar IY4u7ps.png). A damn STAIN in her videography. The Perfect Illusion is.... nice? Like, it's not that bad, but the video could've had some storyline or something. And let me not start on how not in sync the picture and the sound for most of the parts are IY4u7ps.png And, then we have the beyond amazing video for John Wayne. Duh, it's JONAS AKERLUND, a professionalist who has already created two masterpieces with her. That's what you get when you hire REAL directors to o your videos. But, it was a waste, to be honest. The song didn't become a single, so the video remained unrecognized. I hope for the LG6 videos (which I hope will be more than 4 IY4u7ps.png), she'll hire professionals.

The single choices? Awful and she needs to get her act together when it comes to this.  Songs which should've been Plan-B became actual singles, while songs which had the potential to become hits (A-YO, John Wayne, Dancin' in Circles and maybe even Diamond Heart) were paid dust. Sad, career killing at its worst.

Back to the album, the last time I listened to it in full was like maybe 15 days ago, but God knows when was the previous time, last year maybe. I still listen to DIC, A-YO, DH, PI and JW on a daily basis. JW even became one of my favorite Gaga songs so far.

That's my whole analyze on the album and the era, if someone cares IY4u7ps.png

xoxo, Freaky Prince IY4u7ps.png

6 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

These were the good thing IY4u7ps.png Lemme drag that Starbucks bitch a bit now IY4u7ps.png

The era was SHORT. We weren't waiting 3 years for this. She indeed did some big promo slots such as the AMAs, SNL, Carpool Karaoke etc. But, where were Ellen, Jimmy Kimmel/Fallon? In Europe she promoted only in The UK and she only did a phone call radio interview in Australia. The promo in Japan was decent. I don't want her to overwork herself as she did during the Born This Way era when she literally promoted on some Z-list TV channels, but she could've went to X Factor, The Voice and other things like that all over the world.

The fucking videos.... For real? IY4u7ps.png Can she just drop Ruth's ass? She's good for a interlude, but definitely not good for a music video. She released her two WORST videos for the actual singles. I wanted to slap that bitch when I found out that Brandon Maxwell directed the Million Reasons video. The Fuck? He's a stylist. No wonder why it was similar to the Apple commercial, because he directed that one as well - which was really good considering it was just a commercial (seems like his directing skills are limited to white screen and a guitar IY4u7ps.png). A damn STAIN in her videography. The Perfect Illusion is.... nice? Like, it's not that bad, but the video could've had some storyline or something. And let me not start on how not in sync the picture and the sound for most of the parts are IY4u7ps.png And, then we have the beyond amazing video for John Wayne. Duh, it's JONAS AKERLUND, a professionalist who has already created two masterpieces with her. That's what you get when you hire REAL directors to o your videos. But, it was a waste, to be honest. The song didn't become a single, so the video remained unrecognized. I hope for the LG6 videos (which I hope will be more than 4 IY4u7ps.png), she'll hire professionals.

The single choices? Awful and she needs to get her act together when it comes to this.  Songs which should've been Plan-B became actual singles, while songs which had the potential to become hits (A-YO, John Wayne, Dancin' in Circles and maybe even Diamond Heart) were paid dust. Sad, career killing at its worst.

Freaky Prince spilling nothing but TEA IY4u7ps.png

Here's the tea -

Like most albums for me, I overplay the first half and become less interested in second. I only play Sinner's Prayer - Grigio when I'm in a certain mood, but they're still decent tracks.

Dancin in Circles aged like milk, Diamond Heart, Just Another Day, A-YO, & Million Reasons, Million Reasons (Andrelli Remix) aged like wine!

I'm hitting my "I've listened to this album too much phase and circling back to her other material", so my opinion now is mostly because it's overplayed not because it's fine. The era was fine, could've been better, but I'm glad it was short and now we can move on to ASIB and a new era. 

Unlike ARTPOP, atleast we had performances throughout to make up for the lack of videos. ARTPOP was a disaster after Applause and I'm glad she actually stuck with a single this time around.