jdpm1991

Does Rihanna have too many hits for them to be iconic?

Not shaming Rihanna's success but Rihanna releases so many singles and collabs with other artists that they all tend to blend together, she doesn't give them enough time to be iconic in the way Like a Prayer, ...Baby One More Time etc. are

Does she release too many singles? Also wtf did she film a video for that god awful song Wild Thoughts get a MV but a masterpiece like Love on the Brain doesn't?

The fact she didn't do a quick video, a lyric video or anything for LOTB (even deleted the live performance, tf?) is honestly baffling when it went top 5 so effortlessly with no promo? Like did she fall out with her label or something and refuse to give them a video because of conflicting ideas or something? It makes no sense she could have got a #1 so easily and no one can tell me she doesn't care either cos anyone would 

But the fact she has so many hits makes her so iconic and better and bigger than Beyonce sorry1

Just now, Spencer Pratt said:

The fact she didn't do a quick video, a lyric video or anything for LOTB (even deleted the live performance, tf?) is honestly baffling when it went top 5 so effortlessly with no promo? Like did she fall out with her label or something and refuse to give them a video because of conflicting ideas or something? It makes no sense she could have got a #1 so easily and no one can tell me she doesn't care either cos anyone would 

But the fact she has so many hits makes her so iconic and better and bigger than Beyonce sorry1

Like even a MV of her recording LOTB in the studio would have been fine. Like Ashlee Simpson's Pieces Of Me video

A lot of her singles are forgotten, but she has a few that have stood the test of time and still get played on the radio all the time, like Umbrella, Diamonds, S&M and What's My Name. That's the case with most artists who've had tons of success with singles.

3 minutes ago, Spencer Pratt said:

she released anti through her own label or something like that

I don't think rih colaborates as much as so people think, it's just that almost all her colabs get huge

in the past 3 years she did 6 collabs and only 3 got videos

7 minutes ago, jdpm1991 said:

Like even a MV of her recording LOTB in the studio would have been fine. Like Ashlee Simpson's Pieces Of Me video

Exactly it needed a little push to go #1, she sabotaged it for some reason

4 minutes ago, kira said:

I don't think rih colaborates as much as so people think, it's just that almost all her colabs get huge

in the past 3 years she did 6 collabs and only 3 got videos

Exactly unlike fat Nicki Minaj who does 100 collabs and only like 3 are successful, she's a rent-a-rapper and uses a ghost writer she's such a flop

To be honest, no. She has a lot of hits because the GP loves her. It's just hard to pick ONE signature song cause she has a lot of hits that are equally remembered. She's very much like Madonna in that sense. 

She has too many current hits, she shited them fast and they never had a chance to grow old on their own. Same with her albums. 

Right now she's in very good position because she has same audience she had 10 years ago or 5 years ago, but in few decades i don't see any of them being very memorable, they were all very current

It takes time for a song to become a classic

She has a lot of hits yes, but most of them are remembered by one person or another and that makes her the versatile and memorable artist she is. 

But boy did she fuck up getting another #1 with Love on The Brain 76f2e7f385b0686d77d5bcd89cdc5efd.thumb.g

57 minutes ago, Spencer Pratt said:

Girl, you're really obsessed.

1 hour ago, Red said:

Some will stick, some won't. Better to have 30 successful singles, and 5 remembered, than 5 successful singles, and only one remembered.

Not only that, when you listen to a greatest hits by Rihanna it is truly an EXPERIENCE. The evolution of her music and how great each song stands on its own is so impressive and mesmerizing. I truly think Rihanna is iconic 

She already has Umbrella, WFL and Diamonds as her iconic/signature songs. She has the biggest catalogue of hits after Madonna, a lot of them will be remembered, just give them time. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some will stick, some won't. Better to have 30 successful singles, and 5 remembered, than 5 successful singles, and only one remembered.

The fact she didn't do a quick video, a lyric video or anything for LOTB (even deleted the live performance, tf?) is honestly baffling when it went top 5 so effortlessly with no promo? Like did she fa

To be honest, no. She has a lot of hits because the GP loves her. It's just hard to pick ONE signature song cause she has a lot of hits that are equally remembered. She's very much like Madonna in tha

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.