Carlos

Literally the next single off Witness is ...

Witness or Roulette. There's literally no other option. She either let Witness be the next song that best represents her atm, (Like how Teenage Dream was) or release Roulette and avenge Legendary Lovers, the super fan fave album song this era. She could recover her image a bit with Witness or release a real banger that is Roulette. Thoughts? 

3 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

Honestly, no other songs on the album are going to be a hit so she can release anything she wants. CTTR was the most radio friendly song on the album.

Did I say anything about a hit? I didn't. I was only talking about the next likely single. dead4 

I feel like Witness, Roulette, and Hey Hey Hey are the best options if her label wants to try again to get a hit this era. I don't think it'll happen and I feel like Katy just wants to put out stuff right now that she feels is complete and says what she wants it to say. With that said, Witness would probably be the best single choice.

1 minute ago, El Goot said:

I don't get why people like this song.

I don't really like it either rip4 it has a good instrumental but the lyrics/melody don't do it for me. It seems rather commercial to me though and the chorus does get stuck in your head easily, so I could see it performing well on the charts. Or, at least better than some of the other album tracks.

Ok what about we stop trying to make syncopated house basslines happen wendy1 they're cool yes but lbr those songs won't be hits!

The singles that could work (or

at least get ha some new stans) are:

Witness or Act My Age (the latter sounds radio-friendly af) to try and get a hit.

Power or Tsunami to get the critical acclaim and inD stans!

Tbh Roulette will get walking on air'd, and it probably wouldn't smash as much as we'd imagine. It'd be a really good autumn/winter single tho! gaycat1

At this point, she should just give Swish Swish a final push, but with every day she waits to put out the video or promote, its potential gets smaller. She needs to push Witness to regain some credibility because she totally destroyed her serious image with Bon Appétit & Swish Swish. Power & Déjà Vu would be good follow ups, but I don't think her team is gonna invest in anything else if it'll only make a dent in the charts asdffghhjkl