Freaky Prince

If a pop boy debuts with a song about bi-curiosity...

Spoiler

omg writing 'pop boy' is so strange we are all used to 'pop girl' jj4

... what so you think, how would the GP welcome it?

Both Katy and Gaga debuted with songs about bi-curiosity, and they both went to #1 all over the world, got a ton of certifications and became one of their signature hits.

But, what if a male singer debuts with a song about bi-curiosity? nat1

I think this is a quite interesting topic to talk about, lets discuss nat1

Spoiler

Yeah, I knw that Gaga didn't debut with PF, but PF and JD peaked at kinda the same time, so anyway.... Don't quote me for 10 pages about that jj4

I kissed a boy and I liked it,

the smell of his fresh cologne

cry7

Ironically I think that they gays wouldn't support him & I don't really see straights taking it very well either! But who knows, Katy's team was terrified to release IKAG and it ended up being an international smash, so, maybe it wouldn't go that bad for a guy! demi1

There is no way a gay or bi "pop boy" would work to the extent of Katy/Gaga unless he targets a very niche audience or is more rock-leaning/supported by a band - e.g. David Bowie and Freddie Mercury.

The only way this would work is if it didn't threaten the fragile image of masculinity. If it were someone with the same "respect" from the male community as like a football player or something, it might work. Otherwise they'd be labeled effeminate and it'd flop hard. 

Lest we forget how a huge part of the LGbTQ community is biphobic default_nowaygif.gif 

This dude would have to play veeeeery carefully his cards in order to appeal to the lgbtq community but also to the straight audience. He'd have to be masculine looking, not into makeup, beefy and bearded with tattoos, gays love that shit and so do girls default_bigtime.gif

The video should display an EQUAL attraction to both genders, not leaning towards one of the two.

I don't know, it's waaaay easier for girls to pull off something like this because the GP has always appreciated girl-on-girl flirting, even though when they're both straight. default_yaknow.gif

I have an unpopular opinion of mine that women can get away with being gay all they want and men can not. Straight men have no problem with bi women as you think, they are actually with this idea that "their dick will turn them straight", that's why they have no problem with it. MOST OF THE GP still live in 1940 when being a gay guy was an issue of "manhood"....  like if you're gay guy you're not a "man enough"... and from my experience sadly some gays, YES i will go there, you know i'm going there...... internalized self hate to the point they hate gay guys who are not overly masculine... or how they coin them "straight passing"... fem gay guys get the short stick all the time, they don't even see each other as attractive. Bi guys are getting dragged from both the GP and LGBT community.... 

Seriously love and support each other, how hard can that be?

I mean everyone knows Sam smith is gayer than a rainbow and he did fine. He doesn't sing explicitly about his sexuality but I'm sure with the right song, guy and time it could happen. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have an unpopular opinion of mine that women can get away with being gay all they want and men can not. Straight men have no problem with bi women as you think, they are actually with this idea that

... what so you think, how would the GP welcome it? Both Katy and Gaga debuted with songs about bi-curiosity, and they both went to #1 all over the world, got a ton of certifications and became o

Ugh I would really be here for something like this but the GP is trash and they seem very homophobic so idk.  

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.