Infrared

Melodrama #1 (90-95k), Witness #18 (21-24k) 92% decrease

On 22.6.2017 at 0:19 AM, Red said:

Jjang June 14th

But anyway, It's nothing that Katy can't bounce back from, she still generates tons of attention, a song like Bon Appétit is more well known than any Gaga song released post 2013, It's literally a song everyone knows.  lmfao2 

Taking my words out of context. 

I said that due to Katy's massive récurrent exposure to the general public she has a higher chance of bouncing back because her work is still recognized in the public's consciousness, using Bon Appétit as an obvious example of that dynamic ; despite being a failure commercially, the song is still extremely well known. Now when you compare that to Gaga's flops there's a clear distinction in that regard. I could also bring up Katy's livestream amassing 50 million viewers, by the way. However, I've always stated that I think she's an absolute flop this era and I've shared that sentiment many times before making that comment. So I don't get why you're so pumped up thinking you finally caught me contradicting myself or something.

My argument was always targeted towards their brands and how damaged they are and I've been completely consistent with saying that both of their brands are severely damaged. Again, from the start, Gaga was the type of artist that could generate hype around full projects and not just have single sales save her reputation, that's what set her apart from most Pop stars a few years ago and made her seem important, what she had to say as an artist actually mattered. She was in the same lane of other big album acts such as Taylor and Ed, even bigger than Bey. Are we going to forget that she's the same artist that opened with 2.5m in 2011 and act like it's impressive she opened with 300k in 2016? The truth of the matter is that her success only seems impressive to you because you lowered her standards low enough for them to seem like that rip4 You'd tear Taylor apart if she opens with those numbers, and Gaga, not too long ago, used to be even bigger than her. Consequently, that's what sparked the reactions when Katy outperformed Gaga in terms of album sales back in 2013/2014, because it was commonly assured that despite Roar being x10 bigger than Applause Gaga would still have the advantage because "she's an albums' artist", she herself even said that in a pre album release in 2013. 

The point of the matter is that it's completely ridiculous to think Gaga is winning just because she outsold a Katy album in an era full of flop singles. Both of them are doing exceptionally horrible for their own standards and that's finale. If this was an ARTPOP / PRISM type of situation where Gaga shocks in terms of album sales / overall appeal then I'd swallow my words one by one, but it's not, it's a matter of who's flopping harder and for you to act like that's such a thing to brag about is even more embarrassing. She can't even outsell fucking Ariana Grande with a Super Bowl boost, let that sink in. 

Anyway, me and @Earth Ripper always criticized Gaga's artistic downfall more than anything, those are the kind of arguments that LMs never dare to reply back to, remember? 

omg @Jjang posting like a decade later when everyone left the thread. I mean, honestly sis, who did you expect was waiting around for this. lmfao2 

Let's all now go back to our regularly scheduled Sunday activities now that he got out what he needed to say.  

5 minutes ago, Red said:

omg @Jjang posting like a decade later when everyone left the thread. I mean, honestly sis, who did you expect was waiting around for this. lmfao2 

Let's all now go back to our regularly scheduled Sunday activities now that he got out what he needed to say.  

Sorry for having a life, I know you can't relate. katy2

13 hours ago, Red said:

She seems to have a habit of doing this jj3 

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

witness is still the best album of the year and better than joanne tho 

I like Katy and her fans but after the lashings Gaga received from the media comparisons to Katy and ARTPOP, its kinda delicious 

Witness and Joanne are on equal levels and Witness is nowhere NEAR the best album of the year Melodrama and CTRL alone shit on both of them

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.