Infrared

Rita Ora 2 drops in November

2D6E31FD00000578-3275782-image-a-107_144

Ora's week will get busier with Thursday's video release of "Your Song," her debut single on Atlantic Records (a full album, her first in America, is planned for the fall). Her 2012 debut album, "Ora," was a success internationally but it did not get a U.S. release. Despite that, she toured U.S. cities but had to pay for it herself.

"My team at the time thought it wasn't a good idea and it would be a waste of time. I thought differently because my online presence grew really dramatically ... And so the team ... they're like, 'Well we're not helping you, we can't do it. We're not going to put money into it.' I said, 'Well fine! I'll put my own money into it.' And so I did," said Ora, who was previously signed to Jay Z's Roc Nation and Columbia Records.

"And I phoned up Iggy (Azalea) ... she came on the road. It was so, like, small tour bus. I think we, at one point, shared one microphone. ...And you know what, every single show was sold out."

Ora said she will tour properly when her album — expected to feature 2 Chainz, Charli XCX, production duo Stargate and hit songwriter Julia Michaels — drops in November.

Full article: https://www.usnews.com/news/entertainment/articles/2017-06-21/rita-ora-on-london-fire-paying-for-her-tour-and-boy-band