BreatheeOnKnee

Be honest what artist don't you like and why ?

54 minutes ago, Spencer Pratt said:

Madonna tbh she is a dumb old bitch who needs to be forced into a retirement home. Her hands are disgusting as is her jealousy for Lady Gaga... she pretends to be a good mother but goes around saying n*gga to them when they're white. She appropriates other peoples culture, she works and supports convicted rapists yet pretends to be a advocate for womans rights (long time friend Mike Tyson, even collabed with him on Rebel Heart) - which ties into the theory that she herself lied about being raped for attention (why would she work with a convicted rapist if she was really raped herself?). the list goes on...

Why do you have to make things up? Madonna, dumb? jj3 

There is nothing wrong with using visuals of other cultures. 

Just now, Nocturn said:

She claimed she was raped, but she has never made a big deal of it. She didn't want to be a victim. 

She mentioned it after Gaga brought her song about her struggles over being raped though... coincidence? I think not.

She also worked and is friends with a convicted rapist... she wouldn't do that if it were true and not a farce 

1 minute ago, Spencer Pratt said:

She mentioned it after Gaga brought her song about her struggles over being raped though... coincidence? I think not.

It was well known fact ever since she debuted.

59 minutes ago, Spencer Pratt said:

She also worked and is friends with a convicted rapist... she wouldn't do that if it were true and not a farce 

No. She mentioned it in the past. 

Like Gaga invented rape thing? Rape will always be an issue that people will talk about. 

She worked with Tyson and that was her decision and she felt OK with it.

17 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

I like Madonna, her music. But something about her as a person rubs me the wrong way jj3 I wouldn't say I don't like her tho.

Mess, I thought your ava was COADF Madonna 

Carmello Cabello- Uninteresting in ANY aspect, something about her rubs me the wrong waywendy4

Halsley- Good that she uses the 3 R's, Recycle,Reuse,Reduce:P

Tumblr driven artists- They'll literally burn out in 3 yearsxtina14

Male artists who don't have a Solid foundation- Or any 1-dimensional "Artist"

2 hours ago, Spencer Pratt said:

From an interview from MNE in 1995:

1995-madonna-nme.jpg

I didn’t know that you’d been raped.

“You’re the first person I’ve ever told.”

Was it a date rape situation, someone you knew?

“No… a complete stranger.”

Did you get help afterwards?

“No. I was very young and I didn’t know anybody. I’d just moved to New York and… It was a very educational experience.”

Madonna grimaces and falls silent.

Would you rather stop talking about this?

“I don’t want to talk about it only in that…” she pauses, choosing her words carefully, “I don’t want to get into this Oprah Winfrey/Sinead O’Connor thing of, ‘Oh, everybody, all these horrible things have happened to me!’ I don’t want to make it an issue. I think that I’ve had what a lot of people would consider to be horrific experiences in my life. But I don’t want people to feel sorry for me because I don’t. 

“It happened a long time ago so over the years I’ve come to terms with it. In a way it was a real eye-openning experience. I’d only lived in Now York for a year and I was very young, very trusting of people. I came from the mid-West and I was walking around New York City like everyone was my friend. That experience completely turned me round in terms of becoming much more street smart and much more savvy. It’s that old expression, y’know, everything than doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. I was very disturbed about it afterwards but I knew that I couldn’t go back home. There was just no way that I was going back home.”

How could you bear to turn that experience into art? Surely touched a nerve in you?

“No, because in the photograph it isn’t me being raped. As I said, it was something I wanted. I’m playing the coquette, the virgin or whatever, and they are the bad boys. They take me but only because I give them the opportunity to.”

Madonna stares at me pointedly to make sure that I understand and then prepares to close the subject.

“The thing about what happened to me is that.. although it was devastating at the time, I know that is made me a much stronger person in retrospect. It forced me to be a survivor. That’s all there is to it”

Such is the dehumanization of Madonna that some people may deduce she is capable of using even this experience as a means to produce more column inches. Not that she cares, she’s more than used to it.

“Some people out there think everything I do is a publicity stunt,” she points out, wearily, “they think when I go to the bathroom it’s a publicity stunt.”

One thing is evident. Madonna isn’t bullshitting when she says that she’s a survivor. This mindset is there in everything she says and does. You might see Madonna misbehaving on Letterman, or acting like a spoiled control freak in the In Bed… movie, but you’ll never catch her whining. You’ll never spot Madonna on her knees, begging the world to look after her, or taking out the trash in the Betty Ford clinic. Nor is she ever likely to ‘apologize’.
One role the thespian-minded Madonna unit never hanker after is that of celebrity victim. Some people will never forgive her for that.

https://allaboutmadonna.com/madonna-library/madonna-interview-nme-december-02-1995

1 hour ago, Django said:

From an interview from MNE in 1995:

1995-madonna-nme.jpg

I didn’t know that you’d been raped.

“You’re the first person I’ve ever told.”

Was it a date rape situation, someone you knew?

“No… a complete stranger.”

Did you get help afterwards?

“No. I was very young and I didn’t know anybody. I’d just moved to New York and… It was a very educational experience.”

Madonna grimaces and falls silent.

Would you rather stop talking about this?

“I don’t want to talk about it only in that…” she pauses, choosing her words carefully, “I don’t want to get into this Oprah Winfrey/Sinead O’Connor thing of, ‘Oh, everybody, all these horrible things have happened to me!’ I don’t want to make it an issue. I think that I’ve had what a lot of people would consider to be horrific experiences in my life. But I don’t want people to feel sorry for me because I don’t. 

“It happened a long time ago so over the years I’ve come to terms with it. In a way it was a real eye-openning experience. I’d only lived in Now York for a year and I was very young, very trusting of people. I came from the mid-West and I was walking around New York City like everyone was my friend. That experience completely turned me round in terms of becoming much more street smart and much more savvy. It’s that old expression, y’know, everything than doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. I was very disturbed about it afterwards but I knew that I couldn’t go back home. There was just no way that I was going back home.”

How could you bear to turn that experience into art? Surely touched a nerve in you?

“No, because in the photograph it isn’t me being raped. As I said, it was something I wanted. I’m playing the coquette, the virgin or whatever, and they are the bad boys. They take me but only because I give them the opportunity to.”

Madonna stares at me pointedly to make sure that I understand and then prepares to close the subject.

“The thing about what happened to me is that.. although it was devastating at the time, I know that is made me a much stronger person in retrospect. It forced me to be a survivor. That’s all there is to it”

Such is the dehumanization of Madonna that some people may deduce she is capable of using even this experience as a means to produce more column inches. Not that she cares, she’s more than used to it.

“Some people out there think everything I do is a publicity stunt,” she points out, wearily, “they think when I go to the bathroom it’s a publicity stunt.”

One thing is evident. Madonna isn’t bullshitting when she says that she’s a survivor. This mindset is there in everything she says and does. You might see Madonna misbehaving on Letterman, or acting like a spoiled control freak in the In Bed… movie, but you’ll never catch her whining. You’ll never spot Madonna on her knees, begging the world to look after her, or taking out the trash in the Betty Ford clinic. Nor is she ever likely to ‘apologize’.
One role the thespian-minded Madonna unit never hanker after is that of celebrity victim. Some people will never forgive her for that.

https://allaboutmadonna.com/madonna-library/madonna-interview-nme-december-02-1995

omg she's always been so smart and driven clap3 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why does an artist being rude/vile bothers you that much when you stan Azealia Banks? What a joke.  

Mariah Carey - Fatass who still thinks she's some hot shit. Her voice faded, she's an alcoholic and can't perform. She refuses to accept that she's Not and has never been "all that". She's incredibly

He's going through his Joanne era and rediscovering himself as cartoon villains from the 1990's.    

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.