Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Galaxy

Kesha | Woman | Second US Single | January 23, 2018

"Woman" is the first "Woman" by a woman to hit the Hot 100. Three prior entries titled "Woman" reached the chart, all by male acts: by
 John Lennon (No. 2, 1981); Peter and Gordon (No. 14, 1966); and Raheem DeVaughn (No. 96, 2008).

Woman is one of her lyrically dumbest songs ever. She makes no interesting point in the song. Why would you be proud to be a woman or a man? That's what you were born as, it's not an achievement. I get that it's supposed to be "I'm independant", but the "I'm proud to be a woman" message ruins the first. Being proud or ashamed of your gender is stupid.

"Don't buy me a drink, I make my money," is a bad line. Guys aren't allowed to buy Kesha a drink to be nice? What the fuck?

"Don't touch my weave, don't call me honey," another bad line. Men aren't allowed to flirt with Kesha. Again, what the fuck? The music video is literally set in a bar, a typical place of flirtation.

Boots & Boys is better. Boots & Boys is also a better woman's empowerment anthem. It's making a statement that woman should be free to objectify men as do to women. 

Blah Blah Blah is also better. In context, it's an anti-female-slut-shaming anthem.

4 hours ago, Rosé said:

Woman is one of her lyrically dumbest songs ever. She makes no interesting point in the song. Why would you be proud to be a woman or a man? That's what you were born as, it's not an achievement. I get that it's supposed to be "I'm independant", but the "I'm proud to be a woman" message ruins the first. Being proud or ashamed of your gender is stupid.

"Don't buy me a drink, I make my money," is a bad line. Guys aren't allowed to buy Kesha a drink to be nice? What the fuck?

"Don't touch my weave, don't call me honey," another bad line. Men aren't allowed to flirt with Kesha. Again, what the fuck? The music video is literally set in a bar, a typical place of flirtation.

Boots & Boys is better. Boots & Boys is also a better woman's empowerment anthem. It's making a statement that woman should be free to objectify men as do to women. 

Blah Blah Blah is also better. In context, it's an anti-female-slut-shaming anthem.

K

tumblr_o1jdv5oHuB1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

On 9/17/2017 at 11:03 AM, Rosé said:

I think you don't understand the context. There is nothing worse that a random creep coming up to someone offering to get you a drink when you're clubbing with your friends. She's saying "don't buy me a drink, I make my money" as - go away, I can get my own drink, I make my money. 

19 hours ago, Dan said:

If this ever becomes an official single, I hope something like this will be the single cover dead2

Kesha-Ft.-The-Dap-Kings-Horns-Woman-album-cover.png

I'd just remove the "Kesha is a", there's no point in stating that she's a woman. The song is about Women so it should just be Woman jj3 I like the cover though much better than the original 

4 hours ago, Okan said:

I doubt it would change jj3 

Booo rip4 

17 minutes ago, Kivo said:

I'd just remove the "Kesha is a", there's no point in stating that she's a woman. The song is about Women so it should just be Woman jj3 I like the cover though much better than the original 

Yeah, I would too. I just think the picture and aesthetic of the picture is nice yas1 

18 hours ago, Kivo said:

I think you don't understand the context. There is nothing worse that a random creep coming up to someone offering to get you a drink when you're clubbing with your friends. She's saying "don't buy me a drink, I make my money" as - go away, I can get my own drink, I make my money. 

There's zero context in the song. It doesn't change the fact that the bridge of the song comes off as rude.

17 minutes ago, Okan said:

This should become a single one day and be performed at on TV. It's one of her best songs to be performed live cry6 

I agree. It's a reverse LTLG experience: Woman isn't that good as a song imo (it's good, but not phenomenal), but the live performances are extremely good and make the song far better, while LTLG is a good song, but the live performances are underwhelming (so far).

23 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

I agree. It's a reverse LTLG experience: Woman isn't that good as a song imo (it's good, but not phenomenal), but the live performances are extremely good and make the song far better, while LTLG is a good song, but the live performances are underwhelming (so far).

Agree with all of this! Just look how well she performs Woman: 

If she sang this on the EMA's as Independant Woman it would slayyyy! 

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.