FOTP

Kesha | Woman | First Promo Single | July 13th, 2017

Okan    6,381
"Woman" is the first "Woman" by a woman to hit the Hot 100. Three prior entries titled "Woman" reached the chart, all by male acts: by
 John Lennon (No. 2, 1981); Peter and Gordon (No. 14, 1966); and Raheem DeVaughn (No. 96, 2008).

Rosé    6,600

Woman is one of her lyrically dumbest songs ever. She makes no interesting point in the song. Why would you be proud to be a woman or a man? That's what you were born as, it's not an achievement. I get that it's supposed to be "I'm independant", but the "I'm proud to be a woman" message ruins the first. Being proud or ashamed of your gender is stupid.

"Don't buy me a drink, I make my money," is a bad line. Guys aren't allowed to buy Kesha a drink to be nice? What the fuck?

"Don't touch my weave, don't call me honey," another bad line. Men aren't allowed to flirt with Kesha. Again, what the fuck? The music video is literally set in a bar, a typical place of flirtation.

Boots & Boys is better. Boots & Boys is also a better woman's empowerment anthem. It's making a statement that woman should be free to objectify men as do to women. 

Blah Blah Blah is also better. In context, it's an anti-female-slut-shaming anthem.

Galaxy    2,940
4 hours ago, Rosé said:

Woman is one of her lyrically dumbest songs ever. She makes no interesting point in the song. Why would you be proud to be a woman or a man? That's what you were born as, it's not an achievement. I get that it's supposed to be "I'm independant", but the "I'm proud to be a woman" message ruins the first. Being proud or ashamed of your gender is stupid.

"Don't buy me a drink, I make my money," is a bad line. Guys aren't allowed to buy Kesha a drink to be nice? What the fuck?

"Don't touch my weave, don't call me honey," another bad line. Men aren't allowed to flirt with Kesha. Again, what the fuck? The music video is literally set in a bar, a typical place of flirtation.

Boots & Boys is better. Boots & Boys is also a better woman's empowerment anthem. It's making a statement that woman should be free to objectify men as do to women. 

Blah Blah Blah is also better. In context, it's an anti-female-slut-shaming anthem.

K

tumblr_o1jdv5oHuB1ql5yr7o1_500.gif