BreatheeOnKnee

Can you agree music today isn't as good?

brit5 Tbh it seems like the digital era sort of killed music especially pop. like most artist today rely more on catchy singles(Which sells more than albums now) than actually making original or good music/albums. And lots of artist don't really have anything to offer aside from basic bops and visuals.  Everything seems to have been done too, which is probably the reason for all the 70s/80s funk revival in pop now and all these edm songs adopting 90's style beats rip4 What will our era be remembered for? The era that just adopted older era's sounds? rip4I know sampling was huge in the 90s/00s but people still were original then.

I'm far from hipster or old but i  have to say i dislike most music and music trends from the past 9 or 10 years, so do you think music today is basically ass compared to 10+ years ago?

Good music might not be on the charts anymore, but it's still out there and you just have to know where to look. Even if what's on the radio sucks these days, there are still plenty of independent, underground, or otherwise underrated artists out there who are still talented and making quality music.

depending on where you look tbh, the charts suck lately and everything sounds like the same shitty song, but outside of it there's a lot of great music that's been released this year!

I agree that the charts suck, but I think there are musicians (some of whom are not mainstream at all) that still exist today and make amazing music. It all depends on your taste in music and what piques your fancy, I guess!

Music shifted from singles pushing an entire album to singles pushing album tracks - there's less emphasis on creating cohesive projects because people just stream the hot tracks and disregard the rest.

I think there are some gems from this era of the decade, but it's a bit of a rinse and repeat process. We get more music from DJ's and Hip - Hop artists, but it's so oversaturated at this point.

I blame Internet. eve1 It allowed basic music to become more dominating. In the past a certain experimental song had a chance to be some kind of a hit song. Now, such songs don't have  a chance. 

Without Internet, many basic pop stars wouldn't have had such long careers. 

22 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

What will our era be remembered for? 

i think that everyday dead4 its like everyone is reinterpreting already made trends (which is pretty cool!!) and im honestly tired of it. you can see a lot of genres kinda flatlined creatively unless u dive deep into the more obscure artists jj4 I was actually hoping we'd be more known for edm dance pop songs that took over around 2009-2013 but guess not jj4 

its also very recurring in fashion, movies, art etc im REALLY tired of it... at least the TV series nowadays are the best in TV history jj2 

23 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

brit5 Tbh it seems like the digital era sort of killed music especially pop. like most artist today rely more on catchy singles(Which sells more than albums now) than actually making original or good music/albums. And lots of artist don't really have anything to offer aside from basic bops and visuals.  Everything seems to have been done too, which is probably the reason for all the 70s/80s funk revival in pop now and all these edm songs adopting 90's style beats rip4 What will our era be remembered for? The era that just adopted older era's sounds? rip4I know sampling was huge in the 90s/00s but people still were original then.

I'm far from hipster or old but i  have to say i dislike most music and music trends from the past 9 or 10 years, so do you think music today is basically ass compared to 10+ years ago?

That happened to all forms of art. There are no more movements or styles. 

After the 90s, the only difference was the use of new technology in music, which allowed more polished sounds and better sound quality. 

There are still creative and original artists here and there, but they are not a part of commercial side of music industry. 

Even the stuff that's on the charts rn isn't that bad, I mean sure nobody's gonna be mesmerized by it and pretend like they're witnessing greatness, but the 00s weren't as good as nostalgia makes them out to be. Just try listening to a 00s playlist on Spotify/AM and count how many times you skip/cringe jj2 

There are lots of good music out there, you just have to find it. They may not be on the mainstream nor on Billboard charts. For instance, I'm very please and satisfied with my country's music right now. I think Anitta is representing the brazilian pop music so good!

my fav music of all time has been released during the digital era, so im not gonna be that snob that claims that all good music comes from like the last century dead2 

has music gotten more stale in the last couple of years cause of streaming? not necessarily, but the CHARTS have. good music is released EVERY year. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember in the late 2000s people were saying this too and now we would kill to go back there. The grass is always greener

Good music might not be on the charts anymore, but it's still out there and you just have to know where to look. Even if what's on the radio sucks these days, there are still plenty of independent, un

It's not that bad. You are overreacting.

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.