Hermione

Classic Rock Thread

30 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

The Wall is probably the most logical next step and it's fairly accessible. Their early stuff is more crazy/experimental so if you're into such stuff, try that.

I got DSOTM a few months ago in vinyl so I wanted to get The Wall next month gaga13

2 minutes ago, Pandora said:

Any tips for getting into Radiohead? their Glasto gig had me going

also is it time for the Fleetwood Mac stanning hour xo

Go chronologically but skip their debut.

FM's Dreams and Gold Dust Woman are kind of the two best songs of all time, aren't they?

1 minute ago, Dr. Slay said:

I got DSOTM a few months ago in vinyl so I wanted to get The Wall next month gaga13

Definitely worth it <3

3 minutes ago, Pandora said:

1 minute ago, Shiver said:

Was about to ask the same! I have tried in the past but I almost feel like they're too left field for me. I stan Just but that's about all I can handle rn wat3

I suggest this flow chart! (A bit old. Doesn't include their newest album A Moon Shaped Pool)

N72Tu.jpg

Just now, Limn said:

I suggest this flow chart! (A bit old. Doesn't include their newest album A Moon Shaped Pool)

N72Tu.jpg

omg LEGEND cry6 I love guitar music and bleeps and bloops so looks like I have a busy week ahead of me cry6

Just now, Vilppu said:

Go chronologically but skip their debut.

FM's Dreams and Gold Dust Woman are kind of the two best songs of all time, aren't they?

Thank you hun.

Well yes, two of sia3 You're forgetting Gypsy, Landslide, Seven Wonders, The Chain, Go Your Own Way, Beautiful Child!

6 minutes ago, Pandora said:

imo start with the bends then go to ok computer and go from there on but that above graph/diagram is also okay jj2 

"bleeps & bloops" is still a kii

And A Moon Shaped Pool is not worth mentioning apart from like three songs anyway.

1 minute ago, Pandora said:

Well yes, two of sia3 You're forgetting Gypsy, Landslide, Seven Wonders, The Chain, Go Your Own Way, Beautiful Child!

They just have too many timeless classics, whew.

omg LEGEND cry6 I love guitar music and bleeps and bloops so looks like I have a busy week ahead of me cry6

OMG yas please tell us what'd you think! yas2 

imma need someone to fangirl with me and turn it into a Blur thread tbh jj1

OMG I was just bopping to Tracy Jacks a few songs ago! yas2 

Damon and Graham is my life yas2 

2 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

"bleeps & bloops" is still a kii

And A Moon Shaped Pool is not worth mentioning apart from like three songs anyway.

delete your acc pls kylie2

Just now, Vilppu said:

Right? It's kind of shocking when you get into them and realise how many classics there are dead4 Stevie's solo material is also so fucking good

1 hour ago, Vilppu said:

What are your favourite Pink Floyd albums/songs, @Hermione? They're like my dad's ultimate faves and I was kind of brought up on their music and still love their older work.

My absolute favorite is "Breathe (In the Air)." It's so trippy that it puts you into a trance and feels like you're in a different dimension ( rip2 ), and it's perfect for floating in the pool when I'm home alone on a hot summer day.

50 minutes ago, Saiga said:

I wouldn't consider 90s as classic rock sia2 I do love OK Computer from that era ahs1 @Mint triggered

I know it's not and I originally put 80s but I backspaced it and changed it to 90s because I love 90s alt/rock too and I wanted somewhere to post about it wendy1

15 minutes ago, Pandora said:

I was raised on Fleetwood Mac sob1 Stevie is one of my favorite legends!

2 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

It's boring and you will not convince me otherwise!

However, Burn the Witch or The Numbers are still such SONGS.

Tea tho! What about Ful Stop tho? Identikit? Glass Eyes? Daydreaming? Ill Wind? Spectre? Basically every song? I think you are missing out! kylie2

omg iconic yas2 Do you have a fave song/album? yas2

I only have their three albums: Parklife, The Great Escape, and The Magic Whip yas2 I absolute adore Parklife and The Magic Whip is pretty good too! I might get more of their stuff tho in the future. Wbu? yas2