Hermione

Classic Rock Thread

Just now, Diamond said:

People are talking about Fleetwood Mac classics but I don't see anyone mentioning Silver Springs? oprah8

ughhhhhhh I was just about to say I forgot to include it giveup1 there are just too many!

3 minutes ago, Pandora said:

I notice they get a lot of hate from other rock fans wendy3 I wouldn't call myself a fan, I'm just here for the hits for now wendy3 

I see. Coldplay kinda fell into that category as well wendy3  I'd say for the concert tbh! You might make some friends. I went to Sigur Ros' concert last month alone and it was the best experience ever. I made some friends and I got the drummer's drumstick. BlessedT wendy3

1 minute ago, Urbanov said:

Any indie rock fans? I really like Arcade Fire and The Funeral is so damn good giveup1

I'm very into British indie rock but not much outside of that. I'd been thinking about getting into Arcade Fire recently too though, this thread ugh I can't giveup1

2 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Any indie rock fans? I really like Arcade Fire and The Funeral is so damn good giveup1

Band of the century wow. I probably like The Suburbs the most of their albums but they're all great.

The way this song is, like, 7 (?) years old and still hasn't been topped:

Also re: Coldplay, they all died after releasing AROBTTH and were replaced by impersonators, a conspirancy theory by me.

1 minute ago, Urbanov said:

Yeah because Coldplay turned into a regular pop rock band. Their first albums are solid though wendy3

True. They had so much potential to go further but oh well wendy3

2 minutes ago, Shiver said:

I'm very into British indie rock but not much outside of that. I'd been thinking about getting into Arcade Fire recently too though, this thread ugh I can't giveup1

IKR? I never though there are so many people with similar taste as mine in a pop forum giveup1 

It's literally a BIBLE giveup1

I love this tea giveup1 

Just now, Limn said:

I see. Coldplay kinda fell into that category as well wendy3  I'd say for the concert tbh! You might make some friends. I went to Sigur Ros' concert last month alone and it was the best experience ever. I made some friends and I got the drummer's drumstick. BlessedT wendy3

Yes. I love me some Coldplay but not too much. It feels like any time I see Chris Martin now he's just doing his Bob Geldof 2.0 thing and I cringe wendy4 

Just now, Limn said:

True. They had so much potential to go further but oh well wendy3

IKR? I never though there are so many people with similar taste as mine in a pop forum giveup1 

I love this tea giveup1 

I know, here I was thinking y'all were all basic pop phags jk I still am giveup1

Just now, Urbanov said:

Going back to the OP: is there any love for The Smiths? giveup1 Morrissey is a daddy giveup1

vkcjxhvdkchvckjvh i was JUST about to post this after I quoted your previous post about British indie rock giveup1 your taste sis whew

Going back to the OP: is there any love for The Smiths? giveup1 Morrissey is a daddy giveup1

I know The Queen Is Dead is like a quintessential GOAT album but I've never got around to it, hanging my head in shame as we speak.

Just now, Pandora said:

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

This Charming Man

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

Asleep

Please, Please, Please (Let Me Get What I Want)

How Soon Is Now?

alex1 

The lyrics they are ME alex1 

The Smiths... I listened to some of their stuff but they kinda sound a little too dated to me noah fence giveup1 

Morrissey in November Spawned a Monster tho giveup1 

omg tea, Ready To Start >>>>>>>>> giveup1

British indie rock? Like Belle & Sebastian? Arctic Monkeys? Oasis? The Kooks? Franz Ferdinand? Kasabian? Snow Patrol? Bloc Party? Keane? Stereophonics? jj2

This actually mostly reads as a list of artists that I am yet to get into but plan to at some stage jj2 Right now I mostly use White Lies, Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, Reverend & The Makers, Hard-Fi, The Ting Tings, The Ordinary Boys, Franz Ferdinand, some of the more popular stuff by The Fratellis and The Kooks...and Blur of course jj2 I'm not the biggest Oasis fan, enjoy a few songs here and there but I LIVE for Dig Out Your Soul and Noel's solo material jj2

Just now, Urbanov said:

British indie rock? Like Belle & Sebastian? Arctic Monkeys? Oasis? The Kooks? Franz Ferdinand? Kasabian? Snow Patrol? Bloc Party? Keane? Stereophonics? jj2

Most of this list giveup1 and I know they're American but The Killers are from that era and ugh. Pure gold 

1 minute ago, Pandora said:

Most of this list giveup1 and I know they're American but The Killers are from that era and ugh. Pure gold 

Let me just take this opportunity to announce how much I fucking DESPISE Mr Brightside for overshadowing all of the great material by The Killers which never gets the respect it deserves giveup1 You're 100% guaranteed to hear it on a night out in the UK and I hate hate hate it giveup1