Dennis Reynolds

Can your faves act?

Can your faves act?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes, my fave is Cher, Justin Timberlake, Jennifer Lopez or maybe Beyonce
    • No
    • They've only done children's sitcoms/cameos so it's not really fair to say
    • They've never tried

Have they made ventures into film? How did they fare with the general public? Did you personally like them? wendy1 

Madonna is usually pretty bad, but passable in movies like Desperately Seeking Susan and A League of Their Own where she plays a personality closer to herself. Her over the top sex acting in Body of Evidence always makes me laugh rip2 She's also the only actress that has a place in both my top 10 favourite movies (Dick Tracy) and one of the 10 worst movies I've ever seen (Swept Away) rip4 

JT is a solid if not great actor, and one of the few pop-stars-turned-actors (or vice versa) that has established himself to the point where he no longer needs to rely on his music career to get roles (yea, I know he recently did the Trolls soundtrack, but that's the exception rather than the majority). He has particularly good performances in Black Snake Moan, Alpha Dog and The Social Network, and I'm looking forward to his Woody Allen movie. 

Spice Girls obviously just played themselves in their movie, so it's not really fair to judge.

Kylie started out as an actress and she doesn't specifically stick out as awful to me, but she definitely picks almost exclusively shitty films rip2 She pretty much takes any role as long as they're shooting close to home in Australia.

Britney was okayish in Crossroads, although it's a super-cliched and mediocre movie.

The rest of my faves have either not really tried to act, have done very small roles, or I haven't seen their acting works.

5 minutes ago, Bionic Monster said:

Yep.

rs_634x1024-160110192328-634.Lady-Gaga-G

off topic but she looks like a completely different person compared to the Joanne era in this laughcry1  Thank God she's laying off the fillers and face tape, or at least it looks like it.

Yea, I've just seen her small cameo in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. I dig her music though, and I might eventually see her leading role in American Horror Story (I've already seen some seasons).

30 minutes ago, Breathless Mahoney said:

Yea, I've just seen her small cameo in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. I dig her music though, and I might eventually see her leading role in American Horror Story (I've already seen some seasons).

She's a bit shaky in the first few episodes but by the end I think she got more comfortable. Episode 7 of Hotel ("Flicker") is probably her best acting moment so farclap3

Madonna has Dick Tracy and A League of Their Own that are my faves so i'm gonna say yes jj2 

I enjoyed crossroads with britney tho jj2 

And I see Ariana on tv since I was 11 and i loved these shows so maybe yes jj2 

32 minutes ago, DREAMPOP said:

bought  :-*

I wouldn't say it was "bought" but it was definitely not won because of acting skills. I love Gaga, but she's just not a good actress, she's a-ok at best. 

Britney was also a-ok in crossroads so there's that. tehe1 

22 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

I wouldn't say it was "bought" but it was definitely not won because of acting skills. I love Gaga, but she's just not a good actress, she's a-ok at best. 

Britney was also a-ok in crossroads so there's that. tehe1 

You know what bothers me about that movie? It only comes up in like the first fifteen minutes or so, but Britney/Lucy's social status just kinda bugs me rip2 Gorgeous and kind people are not generally outsiders in the way she is in that movie, even if they're more introverted.

I also hate how they contrived that sob story they made up as the reason Ben had been in prison rip4 

44 minutes ago, Bionic Monster said:

Gaga 6 Grammys Katy 0 ;)

And Katy is prettier than Gaga.

You can go off topic as much as you'd like but that Golden Globe was not won on acting skills 😘😘😘

1 hour ago, Breathless Mahoney said:

You know what bothers me about that movie? It only comes up in like the first fifteen minutes or so, but Britney/Lucy's social status just kinda bugs me rip2 Gorgeous and kind people are not generally outsiders in the way she is in that movie, even if they're more introverted.

I also hate how they contrived that sob story they made up as the reason Ben had been in prison rip4 

I don't remember why Ben was in prision, I literally watched that movie over a decade ago laughcry1, but yeah I always find it very funny when they make obviously pretty girls "outsiders" or "weirdos" 

2 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

I don't remember why Ben was in prision, I literally watched that movie over a decade ago laughcry1, but yeah I always find it very funny when they make obviously pretty girls "outsiders" or "weirdos" 

Oh, he took his little sister across state lines to get him away from their abusive stepdad or some bullshit like that...

1 hour ago, Jae said:

You can go off topic as much as you'd like but that Golden Globe was not won on acting skills 😘😘😘

Would you like to post receipts for that?

1 hour ago, Jae said:

And Katy is prettier than Gaga.

and you're fave is a shriveled and washed up bitter old lady whose children don't like hercry8

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep.   off topic but she looks like a completely different person compared to the Joanne era in this   Thank God she's laying off the fillers and face tape, or at least it looks like it

Gaga 6 Grammys Katy 0 

yes! Kylie has an iconic death on San Andreas! she also promoted her iconic song Get Outta My Way 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.