Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Feoba

Repick the Singles

Hahaha just did the same thing in the Gaga thread moo5

The title is self explanatory, repick the singles.

Music of the Sun:
1. Pon de Replay
2. Rush
3. There's a Thug In My Life
4. That La, La, La

Honestly I would've picked Rush as the lead single if I wouldn't get murdered for it. Rush is such a better song but it might've flopped. Anyway, If Rush and TATIML don't flop like ITLTYW, then I would've released That La, La, La.

A Girl Like Me:
1. SOS
2. Unfaithful
3. Dem Haters (feat. Dwane Husbands)
4. Break It Off (feat. Sean Paul)
5. Kisses Don't Lie

AGLM was actually handled pretty fine. I would swap out We Ride for Dem Haters, and it would hopefully have chhart success. I also don't know why they never recorded a video for Break it Off because it would've done better on the charts, Sean Paul was like everywhere in 2006. Then I would release Kisses Don't Lie as the final single, if it bops it bops, and if it flops it flops. It would kinda be like the G.U.Y of the album, at that point who really cares if it does well?

Good Girl Gone Bad: 
1. Umbrella (feat. Jay-Z)
2. Don't Stop the Music
3. Sell Me Candy
4. Good Girl Gone Bad
5. Shut Up and Drive
6. Breakin' Dishes (feat. Some relevant rapper in 2007)
7. Disturbia
8. Take a Bow
9. Rehab (feat. Justin Timberlake)
10. Cry

I wanna know who the fuck decided not to release DSTM after Umbrella? dead2 We could've had another #1 smash. Through process of elimination Sell me Candy is the best next fit because it's the next best song on the album. Good Girl Gone Bad might've pulled a "Dark Horse/Needed Me" and win over during the winter freeze though. Honestly I would release Shut Up and Drive only for the iconic music video. I would release Breakin' Dishes with an ICONIC video of Rihanna smashing shit and burning a house down. To get that Chart peak I would also feature some relevant rapper in 2007, which would unfortunately probably end up being Lil Wayne. But maybe the video could have Rihanna kicking him out of the house, or him coming home to a burning home (similar to ILTWYL). For the Rihloaded Rihrelease I would rihlease Disturbia first cuz ew, Take a Bow. Both would run similar to their actual chart runs. Then I would release Rehab (and feature more JT than the real version) and then I would pull a G.U.Y and release Cry with a video and not really care for the chart success.

Rated R:
1. Fire Bomb
2. Wait Your Turn
3. Rude Boy
4. Hard (feat. Jeezy)
5. Te Amo
6. Hole In My Head (feat. Justin Timberlake)
7. G4L

Fire Bomb would smash as a lead single. Russian Roulette was nice but certainly not lead single worthy. Imagine as a big comeback she releases a video of her driving down a long road in the desert really fast with explosions and fire and crashes. I would commercially release Wait Your Turn as a full single, followed by the chart smash Rude Boy. I would follow Rude Boy with Hard. I would then release Te Amo world wide because it's a bop. Idk how Hole In My head would do but it's similar enough to Rude Boy. I would pull my third G.U.Y in a row and release G4L with a badass video.

Loud:
1. Man Down
2. Only Girl (In the World)
3. What's My Name? (feat. Drake)
4. Raining Men (feat. Nicki Minaj)
5. S&M
6. California King Bed
7. Fading

Man Down would easily ride off the success of LTWYL. That did amazing, Man Down would too, even if the lead single isn't anything like the album, it is great. Only Girl and that song with Drake would chart the same as well, I wouldn't change that. I would promote Raining Men more, it's a bop. Maybe even have a video very similar to the original Raining Men video, with RiRi and Nicki as weathergirls as such. Maybe even a cameo of Martha Walsh in the video. I would release S&M the same way it was irl. I don't know if California King Bed just mever connected with the mainstream media, because it was promoted well but never clicked. Then Fading would suffer the "Last single of the album, I don't really care" curse I've been giving all of these albums.

Talk That Talk:
1. We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris)
2. Where Have You Been?
3. Talk That Talk (feat. Jay-Z)
4. Drunk On Love
5. Red Lipstick (feat. Nicki Minaj)
6. Birthday Cake (feat. Some relevant rapper in 2012)
7. Roc Me Out (feat. Another relevant rapper during 2012)

We Found Love would be released as normal. WHYB should've been the second single though, just like DSTM, because it would've gone #1. I would do a cute promo video for You Da One, but I wouldn't release it as a single. I would force Jay-Z to do a video for Talk That Talk, Blue Ivy can wait. Honestly that song could've lifted off if it was promoted well.. But Rihanna is the queen of not promoting. I would release Drunk On Love with a romantic, sappy video of Rihanna drunk in a bathtub or something, and I would release Red Lipstick with Nicki Minaj. I would give Red Lipstick an uber-sexual nsfw video with red lights. I would promote whichever of Drunk On Love or Red Lipstick do better and leave the flop for dust like KIB. I would later give Birthday Cake a really corny video of mediocre dancing and cake. It would feature some rapper that was doing okay in 2012. I would do the same for Roc Me Out with a really raunchy video, but it would probably suffer the same fate as Cockiness. 

Unapologetic:
1. Diamonds
2. Stay (feat. Someone more relevant than Mikky Ekko)
3. Jump
4. Numb (feat. Eminem)
5. Lost In Paradise
6. No Love Allowed
7. Get It Over With

I was conflicted as to releasing Diamonds or Jump as the lead single. Just to be safe I would release Diamonds and Stay the same was as they actually were, only I would feature someone relevant on Stay to get that #1 peak. Fuck Pour It Up for slaughtering the Unapologetic Era.. I would release Jump with some techno-ultra modern video and badass dancing similar to WHYB. Once Jump smashes the top 10 and peaks I would release Numb with a video similar to WFL. It'll probably do well because the gp sucks up anything with Eminem and Rihanna on it. I would give Lost In Paradise, No Love Allowed, and Get It Over With videos and promote them with performances and so forth, but idk how they would be received. Lost In Paradise would do the best out of the three and I fear No Love Allowed would be too reggae for the gp, and Get It Over With would be too indie-alternative for the gp. They'd probably suffer similar fates to What Now. 

Rihanna: Greatest Hits:
1. FourFiveSeconds (feat. Kanye West & Paul McCartney)
2. Bitch Better Have My Money

Don't claim to release a lead single if you ain't got your album finished yet. FFS & BBHMM would be great on a greatest hits album though. It would return Rihanna to the public's eye.

ANTI:
1. Work (feat. Drake) 
2. Kiss It Better
3. Needed Me
4. Love On the Brain
5. Desperado
6. Sex With Me
7. Consideration (feat. An alternative rapper like Tyler the Creator or Childish Gambino, & SZA)
8. Goodnight Gotham (feat. The Weeknd)
9. Same Ol' Mistakes

Say what you want about Work, it is an amazing lead single. Idk if KIB was destined to flop but I wouldn't have released it and Needed Me at the same time. For the record though I would have Rihanna PROMOTE HER FUCKING SONGS DURING THIS ERA. Not to sound like an awful person but I feel lik KIB would've skyrocketed if Rihanna did an amazing & purple tribute to Prince using this song. Plus she should've given it a video worth watching twice. The KIB video is good but it's not memorable. Needed Me should've been sung live once during an award show or something but besides that it's fone, the video is iconic. I WOULD RELEASE LOTB DURING FALL 2016 AND GIVE IT A PROPER VIDEO. RIHANNA IN A BEDROOM WITH LONG ICONIC DREADS AND A GREEN AND PINK AESTHETIC. IT WOULDVE GONE #1. Then, honestly ANTI has the magic to go on for a while if Rihanna cared enough. Desperado would go top 10 with a western video with cowboys. Sex With Me was screaming to be a single but Desperado is a better song so the good sis is gonna have to wait some more. After Desperado dies during the spring of 2017 I would release Sex With Me with a simple video similar to Kiss It Better's actual video. Throughout Summer 2k17 I would give Consideration a remix with Tyler, the Creater (cuz everytime i hear this song i think of Yonkers) and a video similar to the aesthetic of the ANTIdiaries. In late summer I would have Rihanna release a full version of Goodnight Gotham with the king of the fall: The Weeknd. It would be accompanied with a dark yet sexy music video. At this point who cares if Consideration and GG flop or bop. Then in november 2k17, 1 week before the release of the lead for R9, I would have Rihanna rihlease an acidic, trippy, lsd induced, possibly animated video for Same Ol' Mistakes because why not?

Music of the Sun:

1. Pon De Replay

2. If It's Lovin' That You Want

3. The Last Time

4. You Don't Love Me

A Girl Like Me:

1. SOS

2. Unfaithful

3. We Ride

4. Dem Haters

5. Kisses Don't Lie

Good Girl Gone Bad:

1. Umbrella

2. Don't Stop The Music

3. Breakin' Dishes

4. Shut Up And Drive

5. Say It

Reloaded:

1. Take A Bow

2. Rehab

3. Cry

4. Disturbia

Rated R:

1. Russian Roulette

2. Fire Bomb

3. Hard

4. G4L

5. The Last Song

Loud:

1. Love The Way You Lie

2. California King Bed

3. Only Girl

4. Man Down

5. Cheers

Talk That Talk:

1. We Found Love

2. Talk That Talk

3. Where Have You Been

4. Drunk On Love

5. We All Want Love

Unapologetic:

1. Diamonds

2. Numb

3. Stay

4. Pour It Up

5. What Now

ANTi:

1. Bitch Better Have My Money

2. Work

3. Consideration

4. Needed Me

5. Love On The Brain

6. Kiss It Better

MOTS - Pon de Replay, The Last Time, You Don't Love Me, Now I Know

AGLM - SOS, Break it Off, Unfaithful, We Ride

GGGB - Don't Stop the Music, Umbrella, Disturbia, Shit Up and Drive, Rehab, Take a Bow

RR - Russian Roulette, Rude Boy, Photographs, Wait Your Turn, Rockstar 101

Loud - What's My Name, Only Girl, S&M feat Britney, Love the Way You Lie (part ii feat. M&M), Cheers,

TTT - We Found Love, Where Have You Been, We All Want Love, Birthday Cake, Drunk on Love

Unapologetic - Diamonds, Loveeeeeee Song, Love without Tragedy, Numb, Right Now, What Now

ANTi - Bitch Better Have My Money, Kiss it Better, Four Five Seconds, Work, Needed Me

1 hour ago, Party Monster said:

Good Girl Gone Bad: 
1. Umbrella (feat. Jay-Z)
2. Don't Stop the Music
3. Sell Me Candy
4. Good Girl Gone Bad
5. Shut Up and Drive
6. Breakin' Dishes (feat. Some relevant rapper in 2007)
7. Disturbia
8. Take a Bow
9. Rehab (feat. Justin Timberlake)
10. Cry

10 singles tho? interesting1

2 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

10 singles tho? interesting1

Shut Up and Drive & Cry would be more of a Buzz singles, but yes 10 singles from an amazing album. Worst case scenario I would trim it down to 7

Music Of The Sun

• Pon de Replay - May 2005
  • Let Me - September 2005

A Girl Like Me

• SOS - February 2006
  • Unfaithful - June 2006
  • We Ride - September 2006
  • Kisses Don't Lie - December 2006

Good Girl Gone Bad

• Umbrella (Featuring Jay Z) - March 2007
  • Breakin Dishes - July 2007
  • Don't Stop The Music - October 2007