Entea

Martin Garrix and Dua Lipa are working on a new collab after the success of 'Scared to Be Lonely'

safe_image.php?d=AQA_mjoWxqelTI6z&w=476&h=249&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn01.cdn.justjared.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fheadlines%2F2017%2F07%2Fgarrix-rogue.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&sx=0&sy=164&sw=1200&sh=628&_nc_hash=AQBe9rsSvsHgYKIJ

Martin Garrix is on the cover of Roguemagazine’s new issue looking hot hot hot! Here’s what the 21-year-old DJ had to share with the mag:

On collaborating with Dua Lipa: “With Dua [Lipa], I had never met her in real life but I had this song called ‘Scared to Be Lonely’ and I really wanted [her to sing] a duet to be on the record because I loved her voice. Actually I’m in the process of doing another song together with her. I really got to like her and found out she’s amazing and super dope, she has great energy. There’s also been times where people are recommended to collaborate with but I don’t really connect with that person. But I did with her. The writing process is the most important thing and if there’s not a great vibe in the studio creating a song, then it’s not worth staying in the studio.”

On the “craziest feeling ever”: “The feeling on stage and feeling the crowd, like when I am at Coachella and I couldn’t see the end of the tent– it was, and still is–the craziest feeling ever. Every show the moment I get on stage I have goosebumps everywhere until the moment I leave the stage.”

On his process: “When I am in the studio I don’t have a process, it just happens organically. Every time I start a song, it begins differently. Sometimes I start with a kick drum for a couple hours until I am happy with it, then I start adding percussion and coming up with the melody. Sometimes I start with a cool melody and then I will go and find the right sound for it and sometimes I accidentally bump into a cool sound that fits the song. Or I just grab my guitar and start messing around with it until I come up with something. But the fun thing for me about making music is there are no rules, you do whatever feels good. That’s what I like about it.”

Source: Just Jared