Tasso

Kesha - Praying (Official Video)

This is amazing! I'm so happy for Kesha! oprah2

The song is great and the music video is marvelous. All the visual symbolism is beautiful! oprah9

The men with pig-mask are obviously her anxieties and all the bad things that have happened to her Dr. Puke, then her floating in the middle of the ocean shot in black and white to signify her loneliness, then we cut to her colourful fantasy world in which she tries to escape, but her anxietes (pig-men) catch up to her even in her head, but then the little colourful bird flies to her side signifying hope, and then the whale comes up representing that even in your darkest days there will be people that can comfort you and help you. Meanwhile she manages to climb to the top of the mountain in the colourful world/inside her head as well, she's finally healing, and she breaks all the TV screens with the criticizing messages on them, she refuses to keep being depressed and be put down by expectiations that society and in correlation she herself have put on her.

And lastly the walking on water. While it's an obvious Jesus reference, I think it signifies an alternate interpretation of the Biblical story. Most people interpret the miracle as  "Jesus is the son of God he's so amazing he can do all that etc." they only look at it as another reason why Jesus was, well Jesus. But while I took Philosophy classes my teacher had another interpretation of the whole thing. The entire preforming miracles thing is not to be taken literally. It's all metaphors. When Jesus walked on water, we're not supposed to read it that he literally did, it means that he overcame all the obstacles in front of him just by sheer force of will. (all his other miracles are metaphors as well but discussing those would be irrelevant rn)

It's obviously the same here. Kesha finally learns to overcome her loneliness and isolation (ocean) and she can walk towards hope. oprah2

Kudos to Jonas Akerlund. This music vid is a masterpiece! yas1

13 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

Someone should make a thread in BG: "Kesha section is going nowhere". ny5 

I was really thinking like "Okay, I think it's time to talk about retiring the section" and then BAM we get this fall1