Bionic Monster

My "Joanne w/o Country" playlist

1. Diamond Heart

2. Joanne

3. John Wayne (just because there's a cowboy in the title doesn't make it country)

4. Dancin' In Circles

5. Perfect Illusion

6. Million Reasons

7. The Cure (I know it's not part of the album and it sticks out but I think it works as a transition between the more personal side and the more political side)

8. Come To Mama

9. Hey Girl

10. Angel Down

BONUS TRACKS:

Angel Down (Work Tape)

Million Reasons (Work Tape)

Just Another Day

Honestly, for me this is such a better way to listen to the album. And it doesn't really have all that much to do with the country genre itself, it's just I don't think Gaga's talents lend themselves to that genre and the songs just come off as flimsy caricatures of what the girl from the Upper West Side thinks a down-home country bop sounds like.dead7 I grew up in the south and I heard country and blues-y music my entire childhood. So, I wouldn't have had a problem if she made authentic, quality country music but I don't think she did.

A-Yo's lyrics are extremely try hard, Sinner's Prayer is boring and the effects at the beginning are so cringedead7 Grigio Girls has taken new meaning since Sonja's passing but I still don't love it. "We'll turn on a Bachelorette/Dye Ashley's hair red/And then we'll have our sixth Spice Girl in this bitch!"dead7

The album still has a wide range of genres w/o those three songs: rock, folk, electro-rock, synth pop, tropical, disco-rock, RnB/soul, jazz, and glam rock. Everything's there.dead2

(Btw I didn't actually change the trackless much besides the omission of the three songs cause I feel the original order tells a cohesive story).jj2

14 minutes ago, Bionic Monster said:

A-Yo is one of her most atrocious songs.kylie2

Pop off wendy4

It's a great song and should've been the lead because it captures that country sound she's been going with for the album + it's an earworm. With a good video (Ruth, I'm watching you wendy4), it could've been a hit.

Catch the motherfucking tea on that!

3 minutes ago, Driven said:

It's a Country Pop album.

Exactly, and the whole point of me making this playlist is that it doesn't have the subpar country songskylie2

3 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Pop off wendy4

It's a great song and should've been the lead because it captures that country sound she's been going with for the album + it's an earworm. With a good video (Ruth, I'm watching you wendy4), it could've been a hit.

The GP wouldn't touch that song with a mile-long sticksorry1

21 minutes ago, Hylia said:

A-YO and Sinner's Prayer snatch and that's the tea on that!

I used to be obsessed with Sinners Prayer but then I started actually Praying.mp3 and realized it's shit!

Also, update: I switched up the bonus tracks cause the transition from Angel Down straight to JAD was badjj2

7 hours ago, Party Monster said:

There's no way you can say A-YO is an atrocious song when Hey Girl exist moo5

Hey Girl is so good you fags have cum stuck in your ears or smth!

3 minutes ago, Harry Styles said:

Considering Million Reasons is the only country song and the rest is pop, rock and folk it's not hard to remove ONE song 💀

Sweetie Million Reasons is a piano ballad and A-yo, Sinners Prayer, and GG are the only unapologetically country songs on the album.

1 hour ago, Bionic Monster said:

Hey Girl is so good you fags have cum stuck in your ears or smth!

Sweetie Million Reasons is a piano ballad and A-yo, Sinners Prayer, and GG are the only unapologetically country songs on the album.

Girl A-yo is Rock, Sinners Prayer is a folk song and GG is just an acoustic pop song 💀 Million Reasons is the only country related thing on the album 

17 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

Pop off wendy4

Tea overflow...

But y'all how is the trackless in the OP "without country"? dead2 Million Reasons, Joanne & Come to Mama are downright country/folk rock.

The Cure

Dancin' in Circles

John Wayne

Perfect Illusion

Angel Down

Hey Girl

are the only tracks I would count as "not country".

3 hours ago, Ursula said:

Tea overflow...

But y'all how is the trackless in the OP "without country"? dead2 Million Reasons, Joanne & Come to Mama are downright country/folk rock.

The Cure

Dancin' in Circles

John Wayne

Perfect Illusion

Angel Down

Hey Girl

are the only tracks I would count as "not country".

Come To Mama is a jazzy 50s inspired song that has literally Z.E.R.O. country elements. Million Reasons is a piano ballad with slight country influences, but not nearly enough to be "country." Finally, Joanne is a straight acoustic ballad, folk and country are two different things sweetie.

You obviously know nothing about country music, please sit back down ma'am.

3 hours ago, Harry Styles said:

Girl A-yo is Rock, Sinners Prayer is a folk song and GG is just an acoustic pop song 💀 Million Reasons is the only country related thing on the album 

A-Yo and Sinner's Prayer is literally Gaga applying every single stereotype she thinks is in an "authentic" country song, also they were written w/ a country writer from Nashville. Gaga herself said the album is a mix of "folk, pop, and COUNTRY" so why would MR be the only country-related thing on the albumrip1

As for GG, the production is acoustic pop but Gaga applied an (annoying) faux country accent for the whole thing.