+ Who's That Chick

+ Take Care

+ The Monster

+ This Is What You Came For

+ Wild Thoughts

rih5 

2 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

I mean you could make an entire album based on her #1 hits. When will Zayn tbh

Makes no sense. Bunch of hits don't make you the new Madonna. Rihanna's music has never and most likely will never be on the level of Madonna's. She hasnt reached 1% of M's art in her music. Madonna is talented in many areas, she writes her music, contributes in the production, always comes up with a new theme and is a performance artist. What is really Rihanna? She releases quick singles, which probably become hits, but they have no..... substance? While Madonna does all those things with her music, Rihanna just... sings? Kudos to the few songs she ever wrote. Madonna also changed her sound with all of her albums ever since LAP, while Rihanna has always been following the current trend, except 50% of ANTi. 

So, no, Rihanna is far from being the New or Black or whatever Madonna.

2 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Makes no sense. Bunch of hits don't make you the new Madonna. Rihanna's music has never and most likely will never be on the level of Madonna's. She hasnt reached 1% of M's art in her music. Madonna is talented in many areas, she writes her music, contributes in the production, always comes up with a new theme and is a performance artist. What is really Rihanna? She releases quick singles, which probably become hits, but they have no..... substance? While Madonna does all those things with her music, Rihanna just... sings? Kudos to the few songs she ever wrote. Madonna also changed her sound with all of her albums ever since LAP, while Rihanna has always been following the current trend, except 50% of ANTi. 

I love rih but this is the only truth clap1

1 minute ago, Urbanov said:

So why you can still listen to her older hits on the radio? Not to mention that Rihanna has way more radio spins than Gaga, so it's kinda funny you said that.

Idk why they have more spins wat3

What I said is they have no substance. They follow the current trend and are easy-to-swallow, made for the public to eat them up. 

4 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

And I'm asking if they have no substance and follow current trends like you claim then why you can still listen to them on the radio?

Because they were hits when they were released because they followed the current trend.

1 minute ago, Urbanov said:

I think you don't get my point jj3 If her older songs are being played on the radio then they need to have some kind of substance. Also a lot of radio stations plays some older/classic/timeless songs and Rihanna gets some spins there too, so maybe not everything she drops is following the current trends like you speak? jj3

jj3

She still is far from Madonna's art jj3

8 hours ago, light741 said:

@/\quarius

Madonna is the queen of pop because she has the most distinctive discography among female pop singers IMO. Janet, Mariah, Whitney may have done pop records here and there but overall their music took a different path compared to pop stars. Also Madonna redefined the meaning of a pop star. She was sexy, challenging, visual, bitchy, soft. She was a new package of pop for women.  As for M stans. Some of them aren't truly aware of Madonna's legacy as a whole, if they were, they wouldn't feel the need to drag other female legends. And some are just insecure and filled with hypocrisy, ironic since their fave is Madonna. 

No denying this at all. Madonna is the Queen. 

2 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

Rihanna is queen of fashion, foreheads, Twitter drags, being quite a down-to-Earth popstar, she has a distinctive voice, she's experimented with different styles (pop/rock/rocksteady/dance/R&B etc.) so although she doesn't write her own songs and isn't as creatively involved, I feel like the next generation of singers will be name-checking her as inspiration hottie1 

I think that just because the stans is constantly reminding people that she's the queen, doesn't discredit her for her undeniable legacy. I mean, proving their faves is the best is what all stans do, isn't it? FHac3Np.gif

2 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

This. There are too many female artists being labeled as the new queen or princess, yet their music has no substance.

Honestly, people should stop treating some artists like "the new version" or "the black version" of older artists. Why can't Rihanna be Rihanna? 

9 hours ago, Coca-Cola said:

Madonna is the Queen, Cher is the Goddess yas1

9 hours ago, /\quarius said:

If Cher is the goddess, what exactly differentiates her from Madonna then? I know Cher is a legend because of her accomplishments, but if we were to elevate her higher than Madonna, what would give Cher the right to possess the title of Goddess but not Madonna?

I think Madonna truly deserved her title, while Cher is labeled as the goddess of pop just because she preceded Madonna.

I don't shade Cher, but let's be realistic. She had hits, but she wasn't such a force like Madonna commercially and artistically. I have never seen Cher's albums on lists of best albums. Also, Cher is a folk rock/adult contemporary artist primary and a pop artist secondary. 

However, Cher is influential and shaped pop culture, but as a rock artist in the first place. So, I think it would make more sense to be a goddess or queen of rock or something. 

Also, Cher had a lot of flops. More flops than hit songs. People forget that. lj1 

8 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

Exactly, Madonna actually took part in the artistry she created and produced and wrote music. Rihanna was simply "inspired" by her ideas and she didn't even come up with those herself. Some people keep acting like she's the new Madonna just because she has a line of hits, by that some logic Katy Perry was the new madonna as well. Madonna was a true trend-setter and experimented with many different styles. Rihanna has basically only done rnb and electro-pop, some drawing minor influence from rock(California king bed, shut up and drive) that doesn't mean she's actually done rock like madonna has. The only experimenting she's ever done is with new and different looks like the potato sack outfit 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@/\quarius     Madonna is the queen of pop because she has the most distinctive discography among female pop singers IMO. Janet, Mariah, Whitney may have done pop records here and there

Yes she is. However, the reason Madonna fans are so insecure is because has constantly been put in jeopardy; by the press, other fan bases, etc. While she is the biggest selling and most suc

This thread is ridiculous. Madonna is universally known as the Queen of Pop. Media has called Bruno, JT, Bieber, Usher, etc. kings of pop at some point in their careers, does that mean that MJ is not

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.