/\quarius

is Madonna TRULY the queen of pop?

Well, that's true and I won't argue with that. Rihanna is basically a singer and performer. She barely writes her own shit, she's not a producer, she doesn't play on any instruments but for me ANTI is a great preview of what she's going to do next (dropping few smash hits and making a good quality album at the same time) and I like this direction.

People forget that Rihanna was, what, like fucking 16 years old when she started with Jay-Z? Not all of us have a family like Beyoncé that can basically just pay for our career. No tea no shade no pink lemonade!

Posted from my SM-G550T1 using the FOTP app

Rihanna is queen of fashion, foreheads, Twitter drags, being quite a down-to-Earth popstar, she has a distinctive voice, she's experimented with different styles (pop/rock/rocksteady/dance/R&B etc.) so although she doesn't write her own songs and isn't as creatively involved, I feel like the next generation of singers will be name-checking her as inspiration hottie1 

Some of them already are!

literally just ask anyone in the street about who's the queen of pop and they will say Madonna (maybe Beyoncé if they're too young)

literally just ask anyone in the street about who's the queen of pop and they will say Madonna (maybe Beyoncé if they're too young)

Um no, the real world is not overrun by pop culture stans. I've heard from Katy Perry to Shakira get called Queen of Pop. Is Madonna's time up then?

1 hour ago, #Music said:

Exactly. That is her title. She was called Queen of Pop for the first time in 1985. Before MJ was called King for the first time.

She's associated with that name and always will be. Only delusional and jealous fool would deny this.

This thread is ridiculous. Madonna is universally known as the Queen of Pop. Media has called Bruno, JT, Bieber, Usher, etc. kings of pop at some point in their careers, does that mean that MJ is not the indisputable King of Pop? Madonna is revered as the most influential female recording act of all time. She has impacted pop culture like no other female singer ever has. There's before and after Madonna in music. She's the blueprint for what a pop star is supposed to be ever since the '80s, she's THE role model. She's responsible for changing the music industry in so many ways, music, videos, fashion, sexuality, feminism, the art of performing, tours, etc. She is also the most successful female act of all time, by far. This is just a quick summary, her impact and influence have been much bigger. No other female singer comes close to Madonna, so why would others be contenders to the title of the supreme female figure of pop if they are not even close? Such title can only be held by one person, and until someone outdoes Madonna in every aspect where she reigns then she'll still be the indisputable Queen of Pop. 

And it's not about us, her fans, being insecure. We just don't like her legacy, impact and status to be questioned by ignorant people. And that wasn't used in a derogatory way, I'm directly addressing their ignorance, because most of those coming for her are young people that aren't even familiar with Madonna's career and just talk out of pure ignorance. 

Also, that comment you made about all her stans dying is not only stupid but also pure flamebait. I guess you have never attended a Madonna concert. I have, and I can tell you that her demographic appeal is wide. You can see little children to adults, all enjoying Madge's music. And those that were young during her peak are 40-50 years old, nowhere near "dying". The defense rests. 

madonna---into-the-grw2f55.gif

Yes, she truly is. Doesn't mean other girls can't have the limelight too though

The title "Queen of Pop" is ingrained in her legacy and she'll always be the original, bona fide female pop star - similar to Elvis and Michael

I think it's widely accepted and understood that she broke down many barriers all throughout her career (still doing it) and for that she's a high-key revolutionary. She has done it all - study her career and it's honestly mind-blowing what she's accomplished in her lifetime, all the different roles she played, changes she went through

Not to mention she was a genuine phenomenon in the 80s and has managed to maintain her presence in the industry 30+ years later with a long line of hit singles AND albums most of which SHE created

Not to mention she's never really had a downward spiral or extended period of time off despite going through a lot of shit over the years - various kinds of abuse, friends dying of AIDS, intense media/public backlash, motherhood, divorce, etc.

Not to mention she's perhaps one of the very few artists where you can consistently look at her discography to find out about a certain period of time from the 80s onwards - her style and music reflect the times in a really sharp way which is pretty great right?

And sorry to bring up sales but she is the best-selling female recording artist of all time after all. Hihi

Related image

9 hours ago, /\quarius said:

Um no, the real world is not overrun by pop culture stans. I've heard from Katy Perry to Shakira get called Queen of Pop. Is Madonna's time up then?

hunty just get off your phone and ask like 10 people in the street and the majority will say Madonna unless they're too young

Just now, #Music said:

hunty just get off your phone and ask like 10 people in the street and the majority will say Madonna unless they're too young

I did I'll grab audio clips for you specifically next time!

I think it really comes down to the test of time. Madonna has been in the game since '84 or '85 and still successful into our generation with number one albums, a few hits, sold out tours, the superbowl performance, collabs with current artists etc.. 

Janet Jackson, while being someone that is influential in her own right, didn't really do the career risking and daring scandalous things Madonna did. Whether it was standing up for gay people at the height of the AIDS epidemic, or showing the world a woman can be powerful and own her own body with no shame.

Madonna stood up against the conservative/traditional ideals about acceptance and sexuality that not only America had but the world as well. And she did all this with her music (whether it was through videos or on tour)  to spread her message. And if we wanna talk numbers, shes among the highest selling musicians EVER, and thats a fact no matter if you hate or love her. Let that sink in. 

de05be684872a88a05fb43e9d200bd80.jpg

1 hour ago, Warrior said:

Janet Jackson, while being someone that is influential in her own right, didn't really do the career risking and daring scandalous things Madonna did.

Her career is dead because she literally did something scandalous dead1 but ok

Just now, /\quarius said:

Her career is dead because she literally did something scandalous dead1 but ok

Yeah but was it something that meant anything? Showing her nipple at the Superbowl (by accident to top it off) killed her career.

Madonna has a whole sex book and still succeeded. 

Try again. 

2 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Yeah but was it something that meant anything? Showing her nipple at the Superbowl (by accident to top it off) killed her career.

Madonna has a whole sex book and still succeeded. 

Try again. 

It was an example of how she has done plenty of scandalous and risk-taking moves in her career.  And when Madonna released the Sex Book and Erotica, she received major backlash, just like Janet did.  Soooo maybe you should try learning about Janet's career in the first place. #TillItHappensToYourFave

1 minute ago, /\quarius said:

It was an example of how she has done plenty of scandalous and risk-taking moves in her career.  And when Madonna released the Sex Book and Erotica, she received major backlash, just like Janet did.  Soooo maybe you should try learning about Janet's career in the first place. #TillItHappensToYourFave

Well it hasn't happened to my fave and I don't see it happening anytime soon. And yeah she did receive a lot of backlash, Erotica and Bedtime Stories weren't as successful as previous albums. But then she came back strong with Evita, the soundtrack to Evita, and Ray Of Light.

Did JJ make a comeback after the Superbowl? I dont see that happening either rih8

Just now, Warrior said:

Well it hasn't happened to my fave and I don't see it happening anytime soon. And yeah she did receive a lot of backlash, Erotica and Bedtime Stories weren't as successful as previous albums. But then she came back strong with Evita, the soundtrack to Evita, and Ray Of Light.

Did JJ make a comeback after the Superbowl? I dont see that happening either rih8

jj3

She doesn't need a comeback considering plenty of artists are referencing and paying tribute to her.... an album got four Grammy nominations, including Album Of The Year, and they sampled her. So clearly her legacy is remembered by PLENTY of people. 

1 minute ago, /\quarius said:

jj3

She doesn't need a comeback considering plenty of artists are referencing and paying tribute to her.... an album got four Grammy nominations, including Album Of The Year, and they sampled her. So clearly her legacy is remembered by PLENTY of people. 

And I didn't deny that, I said in my first post she has her influence. So yes, shes remembered and has a legacy etc...

What I was talking about is why Madonna is the queen of pop opposed to Janet. And my main point still stands, Madonna stood the test of time against all odds. 

Just now, Warrior said:

And I didn't deny that, I said in my first post she has her influence. So yes, shes remembered and has a legacy etc...

What I was talking about is why Madonna is the queen of pop opposed to Janet. And my main point still stands, Madonna stood the test of time against all odds. 

Yes, but the reason why I interjected is to let you know that Janet has taken as many.... if not, more, risks than Madonna. It's all subjective hence why I said you should learn more about her career.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@/\quarius     Madonna is the queen of pop because she has the most distinctive discography among female pop singers IMO. Janet, Mariah, Whitney may have done pop records here and there

Yes she is. However, the reason Madonna fans are so insecure is because has constantly been put in jeopardy; by the press, other fan bases, etc. While she is the biggest selling and most suc

This thread is ridiculous. Madonna is universally known as the Queen of Pop. Media has called Bruno, JT, Bieber, Usher, etc. kings of pop at some point in their careers, does that mean that MJ is not

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.