/\quarius

is Madonna TRULY the queen of pop?

4 hours ago, BJORK said:

I remember when Madonna grovelled and threw herself on the floor to my fave begging for Bedtime Storyny1 Björk truly generous queen saved her career after Erotica. She wouldn't been queen without Empressörk ny4 

Why did that song end up becoming the least successful single of the era? ny4 Good thing Warner didn't let her release it as the lead single as she originally wanted to.

5 hours ago, Red said:

relevant as in there are things to discuss. Did they not just release albums. Did they not just perform multiple times during 2016 um2  Madonna stans are bored and can't use Katy to drag Gaga so they're back to 1994 facts for some battlegrounds buzz kylie2

What did I mention about the same old cynical behavior towards Madonna fans a few pages ago? Here it's displayed again.

*Someone opens a thread to provoke Madonna fans*

*Madonna fans reply*

*Some fad fan comes along and tells us that we're obsessed and that Gaga's more relevant*

But let's repeat it everyone, Madonna fans are biased, mean, hypocritical, intimated, start shit all the time etc etc

4 minutes ago, Jjang said:

What did I mention about the same old cynical behavior towards Madonna fans a few pages ago? Here it's displayed again.

*Someone opens a thread to provoke Madonna fans*

*Madonna fans reply*

*Some fad fan comes along and tells us that we're obsessed and that Gaga's more relevant*

But let's repeat it everyone, Madonna fans are biased, mean, hypocritical, intimated, start shit all the time etc etc

+

"fossils are using katy to drag gaga!!!"

*uses lauren hill and cher to drag and discredit madonna*

do you guys ever get bored of talking about Madonna kylie2 

Every thread that mentions her always has to go 10+ pages because her 5 stans feel the need to rant and tell us why she invented air 

Deaaaaaaathhhhhhhh thats exactly what happened. Some seem to have PTSD and are traumatized by the mere possibility of Cher and Lauryn Hill being named. Im living for it

Posted from my SM-G550T1 using the FOTP app

[mention=6911]Warrior[/mention] Anti wouldn't exist without Janet, so let's keep it MUTE.

!!!! Rihanna is a fucking stan but knows she can be the "black Madonna" because the bitch knows she can't even dutty whine properly, how is she gonna pull an elaborate choreography like Janet? Theres a reason Britney and Bey were the last major pop stars to incorporate choreography extensively in their career. And thanks to GAGA now everyone's focused on theatrics and novelty.

2 hours ago, Ursula said:

Why did that song end up becoming the least successful single of the era? ny4 Good thing Warner didn't let her release it as the lead single as she originally wanted to.

Björk lit a fire inside Madonna. I think all releases post Örka's involvement is testament of her deep and wide ranging influence in all popular music. Long live the Queen of Queer, BJÖRK. 

1 hour ago, Angelus said:

+

"fossils are using katy to drag gaga!!!"

*uses lauren hill and cher to drag and discredit madonna*

Here we go again. Fossil stans playing the victim

What would I need to discredit? The award that Madonna DIDN'T win. The critical acclaim she DIDN'T have. The album sales she DIDN'T have. The streams she DIDN'T have?lmfao2 

The thread was about the Grammy award that YOU mentioned and you got all in your feelings yet again lmfao2 

On 2/14/2017 at 3:08 PM, Angelus said:

Oh please. Black artists are among most awarded ones.

You're just bitching because your fave is not winning in MAIN categories.

Madonna lost AOTY to Lauren in 1999. 3 black females won AOTY in 90s and only 1 white one. RACISM!!!!!

You're literally accusing plenty of people in Grammy committee (people of all races) for racism because BEYONCE LOST MAIN AWARD.

5 hours ago, TJ said:

Madonna will always be the Queen of Pop. Even if newcomers surpass her achievements and build bigger legacies, Madonna will die with that title.

I don't even get why Madonna fans still feel the need to drag other claimants to the title. They have nothing to be insecure of. Madonna was given that title and no one can take that away from her even if her relevance and artistic output is fading nowadays.

MTE

8 minutes ago, Jjang said:

ROL received the same level of critical acclaim though, LAP a higher level. aretha1

Thread was about TMOLH and ROL in context of the AOTY, but the gag is THOLH is still higher than LAP lmfao2 

Show me where Ray of Light received more acclaim. I would love to see it aretha1

I'll give you Lauryn's for context and I'll already tell you it's higher on Rolling Stone's list

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/Lauryn Hill.htm

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/A1024.htm

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/A1038.htm

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/Madonna.htm

bye bye now 

Image result for rihanna laughing gif

47 minutes ago, Red said:

Thread was about TMOLH and ROL in context of the AOTY, but the gag is THOLH is still higher than LAP lmfao2 

Show me where Ray of Light received more acclaim. I would love to see it aretha1

I'll give you Lauryn's for context and I'll already tell you it's higher on Rolling Stone's list

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/Lauryn Hill.htm

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/A1024.htm

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/A1038.htm

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/Madonna.htm

bye bye now 

Image result for rihanna laughing gif

Who cares about the Grammys though, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea  trumps both albums and it wasn't even acknowledged by the Academy.

I didn't say Ray of Light had more acclaim, I said it belongs to the same stratosphere of critical acclaim. They have the same score on metacritic (87 and 88, but who cares about one point when the ratings are so high). 

100 Modern Classics : The Greatest Albums of Our Lifetime (2006) :

#29 Ray of Light

#67 The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Q Magazine Greatest Albums Ever (2003) :

#17 Ray of Light 

#20 The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Fact Magazine top 1990's albums 

- ROL included, TMOLH not mentioned.

Slant Magazine greatest albums of the 90's :

#28 Ray of Light

#24 The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Encyclopedia of Popular Music :

Ray of Light - 100

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill - 80

I can bring tons more of lists but you get the point, even if Madonna's effort was statistically less acclaimed, it's still not significant enough to be used to as a way to place Lauryn's work on a higher pedestal. Hence why I chose to quote that part of your comment. Both albums are considered to be remarkable work of the 90's that will never be forgotten in the eyes of the critics. 

As for Like a Prayerit's more acclaimed than TMOLH :

It holds a score of 92 on Metacritic.

AllMusic - 100 

Entertainment Weekly - 100

NME - 100

Q - 100

Rolling Stone (retrospective) - 100

Spin (retrospective) - 100

Slant Magazine (retrospective) - 90

The A.V Club (retrospective) - 100

Rolling Stone greatest albums of all time - #239 (Lauryn #314)

Spin greatest albums of all time - #89 (Lauryn #192)

TIME's 100 greatest and most influential musical compilations since 1954 - Like a Prayer included, TMOLH nowhere to be found.

Channel 4's 8th best album of all time - TMOLH nowhere to be found.

Anyway, it's a boring comparison. They dont' even belong to the same genre of music and they're both massively acclaimed for their own rights. Madonna's Pop music is as acclaimed as Pop music can get, where does your precious Gaga fall with her scores of 60's on MC?

28 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Who cares about the Grammys though, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea  trumps both albums and it wasn't even acknowledged by the Academy.

I didn't say Ray of Light had more acclaim, I said it belongs to the same stratosphere of critical acclaim. They have the same score on metacritic (87 and 88, but who cares about one point when the ratings are so high). 

100 Modern Classics : The Greatest Albums of Our Lifetime (2006) :

#29 Ray of Light

#67 The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Q Magazine Greatest Albums Ever (2003) :

#17 Ray of Light 

#20 The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Fact Magazine top 1990's albums 

- ROL included, TMOLH not mentioned.

Slant Magazine greatest albums of the 90's :

#28 Ray of Light

#24 The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Encyclopedia of Popular Music :

Ray of Light - 100

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill - 80

I can bring tons more of lists but you get the point, even if Madonna's effort was statistically less acclaimed, it's still not significant enough to be used to as a way to place Lauryn's work on a higher pedestal. Hence why I chose to quote that part of your comment. Both albums are considered to be remarkable work of the 90's that will never be forgotten in the eyes of the critics. 

As for Like a Prayerit's more acclaimed than TMOLH :

It holds a score of 92 on Metacritic.

AllMusic - 100 

Entertainment Weekly - 100

NME - 100

Q - 100

Rolling Stone (retrospective) - 100

Spin (retrospective) - 100

Slant Magazine (retrospective) - 90

The A.V Club (retrospective) - 100

Rolling Stone greatest albums of all time - #239 (Lauryn #314)

Spin greatest albums of all time - #89 (Lauryn #192)

TIME's 100 greatest and most influential musical compilations since 1954 - Like a Prayer included, TMOLH nowhere to be found.

Channel 4's 8th best album of all time - TMOLH nowhere to be found.

Anyway, it's a boring comparison. They dont' even belong to the same genre of music and they're both massively acclaimed for their own rights. Madonna's Pop music is as acclaimed as Pop music can get, where does your precious Gaga fall with her scores of 60's on MC?

All Time Rank 154 > 339 & 544 

Is that similar? That's close to you? I'm glad you found a bone or two to prove your point, but I'll stick to all the facts and not scraps. Typical fossil stan to deflect to Gaga when they can't win in a conversation about Lauryn Hill and Madonna lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2 

so you think MC scores overshadow year end and all time lists lmfao2   It's been proven that critics, then, now, and future, prefer Lauryn's album. FACTS

F.A.C.T.S

Ray of Light is #367 on Rolling Stone - the audacity 

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/500-greatest-albums-of-all-time-20120531/madonna-ray-of-light-20120524

Log off

Image result for it's not realistic gif

27 minutes ago, Red said:

All Time Rank 154 > 339 & 544 

Is that similar? That's close to you? I'm glad you found a bone or two to prove your point, but I'll stick to all the facts and not scraps. Typical fossil stan to deflect to Gaga when they can't win in a conversation about Lauryn Hill and Madonna lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2 

so you think MC scores overshadow year end and all time lists lmfao2   It's been proven that critics, then, now, and future, prefer Lauryn's album. FACTS

F.A.C.T.S

Ray of Light is #367 on Rolling Stone - the audacity 

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/500-greatest-albums-of-all-time-20120531/madonna-ray-of-light-20120524

Log off

Image result for it's not realistic gif

But that's only because Lauryn's record is included in more lists (before you try it, the R&B / Hip Hop genre always is), Henrik Franzon's algorithm operates on volume and does not (always) differentiate between the two cases. That's why Madonna's listed as the most acclaimed female artist of all time there, due to the amount of lists she topped (linked to her vast catalog, of course), it's most likely that the predominant portion of these lists have nothing to do with other female artists' material and therefore making the picture too blury for you to just make sweeping statements like that according to this metric.

According to the sources that include both albums, Like a Prayer seems to nearly always rank higher, whether it's all time lists or individual reviews.. Rolling Stone, Spin, TIME, Slant Magazine, Allmusic ... etc. But congrats to Lauryn for her critical achievements on R&B / Hip Hop / Black lists, she deserves it! 

k7qjXFl.gif

And where is Gaga? I assume she's as low on those lists as she is on streaming services.

k7qjXFl.gif

16 hours ago, /\quarius said:

ZZzzzzZzzzZzzzZzzz did you literally copy and paste the other post you did?

Not really, but I can understand why you feel challenged when you see more than a line of text. Now, are you done deflecting or not? 

Madonna+-+MTV+Asia+Outtakes+1998%2528360

12 hours ago, Red said:

do you guys ever get bored of talking about Madonna kylie2 

Every thread that mentions her always has to go 10+ pages because her 5 stans feel the need to rant and tell us why she invented air 

The irony of this coming from THE most delusional fad stan on this site, who spends DAYS attempting to defend fad's dead career. 

10 hours ago, Red said:

Yes but Gaga is relevant. 

^ Case in point. 

1 hour ago, HninSi said:

^That means u agree ABBA > madonna and it contradicts about madonna being the queen.

I cannot with the idiocy right here. I guess MJ is not the King of Pop either, right? Somehow we are supposed to attach solo titles to a group. Goats never fail to amaze me, the lengths they go to discredit Madonna, at least you didn't mention your has-been fave. 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@/\quarius     Madonna is the queen of pop because she has the most distinctive discography among female pop singers IMO. Janet, Mariah, Whitney may have done pop records here and there

Yes she is. However, the reason Madonna fans are so insecure is because has constantly been put in jeopardy; by the press, other fan bases, etc. While she is the biggest selling and most suc

This thread is ridiculous. Madonna is universally known as the Queen of Pop. Media has called Bruno, JT, Bieber, Usher, etc. kings of pop at some point in their careers, does that mean that MJ is not

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.