/\quarius

is Madonna TRULY the queen of pop?

Just now, Angelus said:

Keep doing it, no one's stoping you, but next time you don't have to lie that you don't care about her :D 

Don't you think that it's boring how people talk
Making smart with their words again, well I'm bored
Because I'm doing this for the thrill of it, killin' it
Never not chasing a million things I want
And I am only as young as the minute is full of it
Getting pumped up from the little lies people bought
But I know they'll never own me

:D 

6 hours ago, Jjang said:

I mean, okay... 

Madonna is the highest-grossing solo touring artist of all time, earning U.S. $1.31 billion from her concerts since 1990

Vs.

Mariah Carey is an opening act for a tour that got delayed due to low ticket sales!

Seriously though, I know you're a troll and all that jazz but I like addressing these topics actually, according to your logic David Bowie, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Bob Marley and literally the main portion of all legendary acts are talentless because they don't have Mariah's range / singing riffs, kay. 

I'm sure you get what I mean but I understand you can't bring video receipts so u bring stats. Mariah and the likes gained the applause just with a mic. Santana and the likes played their instruments exceptionally well and got the roar. What is madonna's musical talent on stage? What is she if we strip away the razzle dazzle?

18 hours ago, HninSi said:

I'm sure you get what I mean but I understand you can't bring video receipts so u bring stats. Mariah and the likes gained the applause just with a mic. Santana and the likes played their instruments exceptionally well and got the roar. What is madonna's musical talent on stage? What is she if we strip away the razzle dazzle?

But she's not that type of performer rip4 No one ever praised her for being a remarkable vocalist, including her fans. 

Her showmanship lies with her skills to execute her visions on stage with full conviction, she's a visionary and that's why so many people tune in to watch her shows. You can only get a vision like hers at her own show, which imo makes her a thousand times more unique as a performer. There are good vocalists around every corner, heck, nowadays any American Idol / The Voice / X Factor audition can impress you more than Mariah's performances, but there are only a few artists that can carry on a full vision in a context of a tour and pull it off. 

I don't even think Madonna hides behind props like other people (cough chough, Lady Gaga) who hid behinde a huge castle that serves as a path for outfit changes and calls it a day. Even during her flashiest tour, MDNA, the lifts actually challenged her massively, once you enter the stage you enter a program and if you miss your step you could either get seriously injured or ruin the entire show. The Girlie Show / Who's That Girl tour were basically a one woman show.

Madonna is a performer, Mariah is a singer. Horrible comparison.

And she needs people to do what she does. I look for musical talents first in a music artist. Funny how her stans feel the need to bash others out of insecuruty just because madonna is not a stand out talent. Remember Mariah earned the night's only standing ovation when they both performed at 2006 Grammys?

14 minutes ago, HninSi said:

And she needs people to do what she does. I look for musical talents first in a music artist. Funny how her stans feel the need to bash others out of insecuruty just because madonna is not a stand out talent. Remember Mariah earned the night's only standing ovation when they both performed at 2006 Grammys?

Too bad your fave lost her only talent, now that her voice is in shambles. mad7 

Lol, hold on, this is from her latest vegas show. Talk again if madonna can belt half as resonant as this. (And keep lying that singing is Mariah's only talent. Can she come up with a song as complex as "Vision of love"?)

6 minutes ago, havok said:

Too bad your fave lost her only talent, now that her voice is in shambles. mad7 

6 hours ago, Jjang said:

But she's not that type of performer rip4 No one ever praised her for being a remarkable vocalist, including her fans. 

Her showmanship lies with her skills to execute her visions on stage with full conviction, she's a visionary and that's why so many people tune in to watch her shows. You can only get a vision like hers at her own show, which imo makes her a thousand times more unique as a performer. There are good vocalists around every corner, heck, nowadays any American Idol / The Voice / X Factor audition can impress you more than Mariah's performances, but there are only a few artists that can carry on a full vision in a context of a tour and pull it off. 

I don't even think Madonna hides behind props like other people (cough chough, Lady Gaga) who hid behinde a huge castle that serves as a path for outfit changes and calls it a day. Even during her flashiest tour, MDNA, the lifts actually challenged her massively, once you enter the stage you enter a program and if you miss your step you could either get seriously injured or ruin the entire show. The Girlie Show / Who's That Girl tour were basically a one woman show.

Madonna is a performer, Mariah is a singer. Horrible comparison.

Gaga literally changed on stage during the artrave lmfao2 In a paragraph entirely about Madonna and Mariah, you'd bring up Gaga. It's so embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, HninSi said:

Lol, hold on, this is from her latest vegas show. Talk again if madonna can belt half as resonant as this. (And keep lying that singing is Mariah's only talent. Can she come up with a song as complex as "Vision of love"?)

Are you seriously bragging about those either pre-recorded or strained vocals? Resonant, bitch WHERE? Mariah's vocals from 94-96 were resonant, not this tragic mess of today. Go listen to Beyoncé if you don't know how powerful, on-key, resonant vocals sound like. Why are MC stans unable to accept the fact that her voice is gone and in shambles? 

Kii at VOL (which I like a lot) being "complex". fall8 Madonna has multiple songs that are far better, but anyway, do you. I don't precisely like her style of writing but alright, I'll give you that, she's a songwriter. 

So u can't come up with a madonna video sounding half as resonant as that, belting a C#5 maybe?

Which madonna song is as complex as "vision of love"? I asked you that.

Stay pressed to the T.

OP: musically NO.

13 minutes ago, havok said:

Are you seriously bragging about those either pre-recorded or strained vocals? Resonant, bitch WHERE? Mariah's vocals from 94-96 were resonant, not this tragic mess of today. Go listen to Beyoncé if you don't know how powerful, on-key, resonant vocals sound like. Why are MC stans unable to accept the fact that her voice is gone and in shambles? 

Kii at VOL (which I like a lot) being "complex". fall8 Madonna has multiple songs that are far better, but anyway, do you. I don't precisely like her style of writing but alright, I'll give you that, she's a songwriter. 

And the banshee xtina that you love never knew what resonant is. Don't even try to suggest Mariah had no resonance before 1994 or past 1996. Because you know that is a lie. A liar is what you are. a prssed troll and liar.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, HninSi said:

So u can't come up with a madonna video sounding half as resonant as that, belting a C#5 maybe?

Which madonna song is as complex as "vision of love"? I asked you that.

Stay pressed to the T.

OP: musically NO.

Most of her songs don't even have belts to begin with. Madonna has never been a vocalist, she was never trained as one and she never claimed to be one, so stop embarrassing yourself. Why are you acting like singing is the only talent a human being can posses? Is it because that's the only thing your fave used to be good at? You don't need to remind us that's she's a one-trick pony. We are aware! fall8 

Let me turn the table tho; post a performance where Mariah delivers vocals, elaborated choreography, theatrics, visuals, a statement. In fewer words, art. I'll wait. Somehow according to this Mariah stan the art of performing and the human talents reduce to oversinging. fall8 

----------

@CrazyGifLady I just saw you're down-voting my posts, which means you're also probably quoting me. Don't bother, you're on my ignore list. Let me save you the trouble. Your fave's career is dead and her voice is gone. Seethe! nat2 

4 minutes ago, havok said:

Most of her songs don't even have belts to begin with. Madonna has never been a vocalist, she was never trained as one and she never claimed to be one, so stop embarrassing yourself. Why are you acting like singing is the only talent a human being can posses? Is it because that's the only thing your fave used to be good at? You don't need to remind us that's she's a one-trick pony. We are aware! fall8 

Let me turn the table tho; post a performance where Mariah delivers vocals, elaborated choreography, theatrics, visuals, a statement. In fewer words, art. I'll wait. Somehow according to this Mariah stan the art of performing and the human talents reduce to oversinging. fall8 

----------

@CrazyGifLady I just saw you're down-voting my posts, which means you're also probably quoting me. Don't bother, you're on my ignore list. Let me save you the trouble. Your fave's career is dead and her voice is gone. Seethe! nat2 

I don't care if i'm on your ignore list. I will still read you for what you are. Mariah can still sing. And you will deal troll.

19 minutes ago, HninSi said:

^In fewer words, the discussion stemmed from asking about madonna's MUSICAL talents on stage. Kii.

She's a musician. She plays instruments, she writes lyrics and music, she also produces her material. She's not a virtuoso vocalist, but she can sing. Let me inform you that all those are music talents since you're apparently unaware. And she has sang and played instruments on stage. mad3 

But God forbid that she's not a one trick pony like Mariah! mad4 God forbid that she's not one-dimensional like Mariah! mad4 God forbid that she can do more than oversing! mad4 God forbid that she can deliver the whole package! mad4 God forbid that she can actually perform! mad4 God forbid that she has more than one talent!  mad4 God forbid that she can still do her thing even after +35 years in the industry! mad4

Meanwhile your fave can't do the one thing she was able to do on stage. Now she can only embarrass herself with her tragic attempts at singing and walking on stage a la Britney. Oh, but wait... at least Britney attempts to dance, can't say the same for Mariah. She's truly DONE! mad7 

Now, let's move on. Where's the video I asked for? nat2 

2 hours ago, havok said:

She's a musician. She plays instruments, she writes lyrics and music, she also produces her material. She's not a virtuoso vocalist, but she can sing. Let me inform you that all those are music talents since you're apparently unaware. And she has sang and played instruments on stage. mad3 

But God forbid that she's not a one trick pony like Mariah! mad4 God forbid that she's not one-dimensional like Mariah! mad4 God forbid that she can do more than oversing! mad4 God forbid that she can deliver the whole package! mad4 God forbid that she can actually perform! mad4 God forbid that she has more than one talent!  mad4 God forbid that she can still do her thing even after +35 years in the industry! mad4

Meanwhile your fave can't do the one thing she was able to do on stage. Now she can only embarrass herself with her tragic attempts at singing and walking on stage a la Britney. Oh, but wait... at least Britney attempts to dance, can't say the same for Mariah. She's truly DONE! mad7 

Now, let's move on. Where's the video I asked for? nat2 

She can't deliver the whole package so have a seat.

Mariha can write and produce as well. One trick pony my ass.

Poor bitter troll. You can't debate with facts, only lies.

On 2017-7-11 at 8:35 AM, HninSi said:

Mariah and the likes gained the applause just with a mic. Santana and the likes played their instruments exceptionally well and got the roar. What is madonna's musical talent on stage? What is she if we strip away the razzle dazzle?

Redirecting the pressed to this but I understand their need to write essays and blur things cos madonna doesn't have that raw talent on stage. Haha.

3 hours ago, Red said:

Gaga literally changed on stage during the artrave lmfao2 In a paragraph entirely about Madonna and Mariah, you'd bring up Gaga. It's so embarrassing.

But it shouldn't be a surprise. Gaga is the most recent person to join the "keep Madonna stans pressed" list.

MADONNA has ALWAYS been second best. she has been in the race for decades and someone younger, or more beautiful, or someone just plain better than her comes and passes her to the #1 spot (cersei lannister realness). these include: cher, cindi laupher, gaga, janet

will madonna ever pass the finish line? or will she continue to chase that #1 spot she has never achieved.  how will she race with that heavy oxygen tank?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@/\quarius     Madonna is the queen of pop because she has the most distinctive discography among female pop singers IMO. Janet, Mariah, Whitney may have done pop records here and there

Yes she is. However, the reason Madonna fans are so insecure is because has constantly been put in jeopardy; by the press, other fan bases, etc. While she is the biggest selling and most suc

This thread is ridiculous. Madonna is universally known as the Queen of Pop. Media has called Bruno, JT, Bieber, Usher, etc. kings of pop at some point in their careers, does that mean that MJ is not

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.