is Madonna TRULY the queen of pop?

4 minutes ago, Red said:

Yes but Gaga is relevant. Katy is relevant. Fossil hasn't released material in years and you're literally pulling up ancient no1curr 20th century receipts over and over.

So what madonna accomplished can't be brought up because it happened years ago um2 

And please Gaga and Katy are hardly relevant today. Doubt they'll have the same impact they did back in 2010-11

1 minute ago, Warrior said:

So what madonna accomplished can't be brought up because it happened years ago um2 

And please Gaga and Katy are hardly relevant today. Doubt they'll have the same impact they did back in 2010-11

relevant as in there are things to discuss. Did they not just release albums. Did they not just perform multiple times during 2016 um2  Madonna stans are bored and can't use Katy to drag Gaga so they're back to 1994 facts for some battlegrounds buzz kylie2

1 minute ago, Red said:

relevant as in there are things to discuss. Did they not just release albums. Did they not just perform multiple times during 2016 um2  Madonna stans are bored and can't use Katy to drag Gaga so they're back to 1994 facts for some battlegrounds buzz kylie2

Madge stans are in between eras. And the bitch takes years to put out an album um2 

Like Gaga between 2013 and 2016, it happens to every fave. She'll be relevant again when she puts out her next album and tours. 

And I don't believe anyone was dragging Gaga in this thread, it directly addressed Madonna and her stans on why shes really the queen of pop. And we promptly responded. 

I remember when Madonna grovelled and threw herself on the floor to my fave begging for Bedtime Storyny1 Björk truly generous queen saved her career after Erotica. She wouldn't been queen without Empressörk ny4 

Madonna will always be the Queen of Pop. Even if newcomers surpass her achievements and build bigger legacies, Madonna will die with that title.

I don't even get why Madonna fans still feel the need to drag other claimants to the title. They have nothing to be insecure of. Madonna was given that title and no one can take that away from her even if her relevance and artistic output is fading nowadays.

4 hours ago, BJORK said:

I remember when Madonna grovelled and threw herself on the floor to my fave begging for Bedtime Storyny1 Björk truly generous queen saved her career after Erotica. She wouldn't been queen without Empressörk ny4 

Why did that song end up becoming the least successful single of the era? ny4 Good thing Warner didn't let her release it as the lead single as she originally wanted to.

5 hours ago, Red said:

What did I mention about the same old cynical behavior towards Madonna fans a few pages ago? Here it's displayed again.

*Someone opens a thread to provoke Madonna fans*

*Madonna fans reply*

*Some fad fan comes along and tells us that we're obsessed and that Gaga's more relevant*

But let's repeat it everyone, Madonna fans are biased, mean, hypocritical, intimated, start shit all the time etc etc

4 minutes ago, Jjang said:

What did I mention about the same old cynical behavior towards Madonna fans a few pages ago? Here it's displayed again.

*Someone opens a thread to provoke Madonna fans*

*Madonna fans reply*

*Some fad fan comes along and tells us that we're obsessed and that Gaga's more relevant*

But let's repeat it everyone, Madonna fans are biased, mean, hypocritical, intimated, start shit all the time etc etc

+

"fossils are using katy to drag gaga!!!"

*uses lauren hill and cher to drag and discredit madonna*

do you guys ever get bored of talking about Madonna kylie2 

Every thread that mentions her always has to go 10+ pages because her 5 stans feel the need to rant and tell us why she invented air 

Deaaaaaaathhhhhhhh thats exactly what happened. Some seem to have PTSD and are traumatized by the mere possibility of Cher and Lauryn Hill being named. Im living for it

Posted from my SM-G550T1 using the FOTP app

[mention=6911]Warrior[/mention] Anti wouldn't exist without Janet, so let's keep it MUTE.

!!!! Rihanna is a fucking stan but knows she can be the "black Madonna" because the bitch knows she can't even dutty whine properly, how is she gonna pull an elaborate choreography like Janet? Theres a reason Britney and Bey were the last major pop stars to incorporate choreography extensively in their career. And thanks to GAGA now everyone's focused on theatrics and novelty.

Posted from my SM-G550T1 using the FOTP app

2 hours ago, Ursula said:

Why did that song end up becoming the least successful single of the era? ny4 Good thing Warner didn't let her release it as the lead single as she originally wanted to.

Björk lit a fire inside Madonna. I think all releases post Örka's involvement is testament of her deep and wide ranging influence in all popular music. Long live the Queen of Queer, BJÖRK. 

1 hour ago, Angelus said:

+

"fossils are using katy to drag gaga!!!"

*uses lauren hill and cher to drag and discredit madonna*

Here we go again. Fossil stans playing the victim

What would I need to discredit? The award that Madonna DIDN'T win. The critical acclaim she DIDN'T have. The album sales she DIDN'T have. The streams she DIDN'T have?lmfao2 

The thread was about the Grammy award that YOU mentioned and you got all in your feelings yet again lmfao2 

On 2/14/2017 at 3:08 PM, Angelus said:

Oh please. Black artists are among most awarded ones.

You're just bitching because your fave is not winning in MAIN categories.

Madonna lost AOTY to Lauren in 1999. 3 black females won AOTY in 90s and only 1 white one. RACISM!!!!!

You're literally accusing plenty of people in Grammy committee (people of all races) for racism because BEYONCE LOST MAIN AWARD.

5 hours ago, TJ said:

Madonna will always be the Queen of Pop. Even if newcomers surpass her achievements and build bigger legacies, Madonna will die with that title.

I don't even get why Madonna fans still feel the need to drag other claimants to the title. They have nothing to be insecure of. Madonna was given that title and no one can take that away from her even if her relevance and artistic output is fading nowadays.

MTE

28 minutes ago, Red said:

The critical acclaim she DIDN'T have.

ROL received the same level of critical acclaim though, LAP a higher level. aretha1

8 minutes ago, Jjang said:

ROL received the same level of critical acclaim though, LAP a higher level. aretha1

Thread was about TMOLH and ROL in context of the AOTY, but the gag is THOLH is still higher than LAP lmfao2 

Show me where Ray of Light received more acclaim. I would love to see it aretha1

I'll give you Lauryn's for context and I'll already tell you it's higher on Rolling Stone's list

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/Lauryn Hill.htm

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/A1024.htm

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/A1038.htm

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/Madonna.htm

bye bye now 

Image result for rihanna laughing gif

47 minutes ago, Red said:

Thread was about TMOLH and ROL in context of the AOTY, but the gag is THOLH is still higher than LAP lmfao2 

Show me where Ray of Light received more acclaim. I would love to see it aretha1

I'll give you Lauryn's for context and I'll already tell you it's higher on Rolling Stone's list

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/Lauryn Hill.htm

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/A1024.htm

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/A1038.htm

http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/Current/Madonna.htm

bye bye now 

Image result for rihanna laughing gif

Who cares about the Grammys though, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea  trumps both albums and it wasn't even acknowledged by the Academy.

I didn't say Ray of Light had more acclaim, I said it belongs to the same stratosphere of critical acclaim. They have the same score on metacritic (87 and 88, but who cares about one point when the ratings are so high). 

100 Modern Classics : The Greatest Albums of Our Lifetime (2006) :

#29 Ray of Light

#67 The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Q Magazine Greatest Albums Ever (2003) :

#17 Ray of Light 

#20 The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Fact Magazine top 1990's albums 

- ROL included, TMOLH not mentioned.

Slant Magazine greatest albums of the 90's :

#28 Ray of Light

#24 The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Encyclopedia of Popular Music :

Ray of Light - 100

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill - 80

I can bring tons more of lists but you get the point, even if Madonna's effort was statistically less acclaimed, it's still not significant enough to be used to as a way to place Lauryn's work on a higher pedestal. Hence why I chose to quote that part of your comment. Both albums are considered to be remarkable work of the 90's that will never be forgotten in the eyes of the critics. 

As for Like a Prayerit's more acclaimed than TMOLH :

It holds a score of 92 on Metacritic.

AllMusic - 100 

Entertainment Weekly - 100

NME - 100

Q - 100

Rolling Stone (retrospective) - 100

Spin (retrospective) - 100

Slant Magazine (retrospective) - 90

The A.V Club (retrospective) - 100

Rolling Stone greatest albums of all time - #239 (Lauryn #314)

Spin greatest albums of all time - #89 (Lauryn #192)

TIME's 100 greatest and most influential musical compilations since 1954 - Like a Prayer included, TMOLH nowhere to be found.

Channel 4's 8th best album of all time - TMOLH nowhere to be found.

Anyway, it's a boring comparison. They dont' even belong to the same genre of music and they're both massively acclaimed for their own rights. Madonna's Pop music is as acclaimed as Pop music can get, where does your precious Gaga fall with her scores of 60's on MC?

4 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

But who is musically? wendy1 

ABBA as long as pop music is concerned.

2 minutes ago, HninSi said:

ABBA as long as pop music is concerned.

ABBA is a group. 2 women and 2 men. jj3 Nobody would define a group as a king or a queen. 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.