is Madonna TRULY the queen of pop?

^That means u agree ABBA > madonna and it contradicts about madonna being the queen.

28 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Who cares about the Grammys though, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea  trumps both albums and it wasn't even acknowledged by the Academy.

I didn't say Ray of Light had more acclaim, I said it belongs to the same stratosphere of critical acclaim. They have the same score on metacritic (87 and 88, but who cares about one point when the ratings are so high). 

100 Modern Classics : The Greatest Albums of Our Lifetime (2006) :

#29 Ray of Light

#67 The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Q Magazine Greatest Albums Ever (2003) :

#17 Ray of Light 

#20 The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Fact Magazine top 1990's albums 

- ROL included, TMOLH not mentioned.

Slant Magazine greatest albums of the 90's :

#28 Ray of Light

#24 The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Encyclopedia of Popular Music :

Ray of Light - 100

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill - 80

I can bring tons more of lists but you get the point, even if Madonna's effort was statistically less acclaimed, it's still not significant enough to be used to as a way to place Lauryn's work on a higher pedestal. Hence why I chose to quote that part of your comment. Both albums are considered to be remarkable work of the 90's that will never be forgotten in the eyes of the critics. 

As for Like a Prayerit's more acclaimed than TMOLH :

It holds a score of 92 on Metacritic.

AllMusic - 100 

Entertainment Weekly - 100

NME - 100

Q - 100

Rolling Stone (retrospective) - 100

Spin (retrospective) - 100

Slant Magazine (retrospective) - 90

The A.V Club (retrospective) - 100

Rolling Stone greatest albums of all time - #239 (Lauryn #314)

Spin greatest albums of all time - #89 (Lauryn #192)

TIME's 100 greatest and most influential musical compilations since 1954 - Like a Prayer included, TMOLH nowhere to be found.

Channel 4's 8th best album of all time - TMOLH nowhere to be found.

Anyway, it's a boring comparison. They dont' even belong to the same genre of music and they're both massively acclaimed for their own rights. Madonna's Pop music is as acclaimed as Pop music can get, where does your precious Gaga fall with her scores of 60's on MC?

All Time Rank 154 > 339 & 544 

Is that similar? That's close to you? I'm glad you found a bone or two to prove your point, but I'll stick to all the facts and not scraps. Typical fossil stan to deflect to Gaga when they can't win in a conversation about Lauryn Hill and Madonna lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2 

so you think MC scores overshadow year end and all time lists lmfao2   It's been proven that critics, then, now, and future, prefer Lauryn's album. FACTS

F.A.C.T.S

Ray of Light is #367 on Rolling Stone - the audacity 

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/500-greatest-albums-of-all-time-20120531/madonna-ray-of-light-20120524

Log off

Image result for it's not realistic gif

27 minutes ago, Red said:

All Time Rank 154 > 339 & 544 

Is that similar? That's close to you? I'm glad you found a bone or two to prove your point, but I'll stick to all the facts and not scraps. Typical fossil stan to deflect to Gaga when they can't win in a conversation about Lauryn Hill and Madonna lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2 

so you think MC scores overshadow year end and all time lists lmfao2   It's been proven that critics, then, now, and future, prefer Lauryn's album. FACTS

F.A.C.T.S

Ray of Light is #367 on Rolling Stone - the audacity 

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/500-greatest-albums-of-all-time-20120531/madonna-ray-of-light-20120524

Log off

Image result for it's not realistic gif

But that's only because Lauryn's record is included in more lists (before you try it, the R&B / Hip Hop genre always is), Henrik Franzon's algorithm operates on volume and does not (always) differentiate between the two cases. That's why Madonna's listed as the most acclaimed female artist of all time there, due to the amount of lists she topped (linked to her vast catalog, of course), it's most likely that the predominant portion of these lists have nothing to do with other female artists' material and therefore making the picture too blury for you to just make sweeping statements like that according to this metric.

According to the sources that include both albums, Like a Prayer seems to nearly always rank higher, whether it's all time lists or individual reviews.. Rolling Stone, Spin, TIME, Slant Magazine, Allmusic ... etc. But congrats to Lauryn for her critical achievements on R&B / Hip Hop / Black lists, she deserves it! 

k7qjXFl.gif

And where is Gaga? I assume she's as low on those lists as she is on streaming services.

k7qjXFl.gif

16 hours ago, /\quarius said:

ZZzzzzZzzzZzzzZzzz did you literally copy and paste the other post you did?

Posted from my SM-G550T1 using the FOTP app

Not really, but I can understand why you feel challenged when you see more than a line of text. Now, are you done deflecting or not? 

Madonna+-+MTV+Asia+Outtakes+1998%2528360

12 hours ago, Red said:

do you guys ever get bored of talking about Madonna kylie2 

Every thread that mentions her always has to go 10+ pages because her 5 stans feel the need to rant and tell us why she invented air 

The irony of this coming from THE most delusional fad stan on this site, who spends DAYS attempting to defend fad's dead career. 

10 hours ago, Red said:

Yes but Gaga is relevant. 

^ Case in point. 

1 hour ago, HninSi said:

^That means u agree ABBA > madonna and it contradicts about madonna being the queen.

I cannot with the idiocy right here. I guess MJ is not the King of Pop either, right? Somehow we are supposed to attach solo titles to a group. Goats never fail to amaze me, the lengths they go to discredit Madonna, at least you didn't mention your has-been fave. 

12 hours ago, Hylia said:

Your gifs are the light of this musty section

Thank you. Glad i can help. 

giphy.gif

I take "king" or "queen" as the best and musically madonna is not talented to be called . It's all fangirling; kii.

5 minutes ago, HninSi said:

I take "king" or "queen" as the best and musically madonna is not talented to be called . It's all fangirling; kii.

She's a way better writer than your fave. She CAN actually write music, not just lyrics, unlike your fave. She also produces her own music, which is critically acclaimed; unlike your fave's. She plays instruments, unlike your fave. So, if she's not musically talented according to you, then I can only imagine what you think about your own fave. Poor Mariah! A kii, indeed. 

Lol, mere doings=/= talents. Am I the first to question her talent? Haha.

Well i guess she is. She has impacted a wide variety of artists and has been able to stand up against so many conflicts during her 30 year career while, as much as it hurts me to admit, my fave couldnt do half of that time. At the end of the day, Madonna is the Queen of Pop and i will not deny that. My only problem with her stans is that they try to act like Madge's contemporaries didnt give her a hard time, when they had her in the backseat of the bus for most of the 90s

7 minutes ago, HninSi said:

Lol, mere doings=/= talents. Am I the first to question her talent? Haha.

Your fave's only talent was singing and she doesn't have that anymore, I guess she's talentless now. Good to know. I would take the word of the music producers, musicians and peers who have praised her talent, over the opinion of a bitter Mariah stan. But k, whatever helps you sleep at night. Meanwhile Madonna stays being the most successful, the most influential/impactful, the most acclaimed. The indisputable Queen of Pop and Music. 

I just wanna add that M is definitely the most underrated/unfairly hated legend in the game. When she dies and your faves are paying their respects to her and her contributions you will see her value as the QOP

1 minute ago, havok said:

Your fave's only talent was singing and she doesn't have that anymore, I guess she's talentless now. Good to know. I would take the word of the music producers, musicians and peers who have praised her talent, over the opinion of a bitter Mariah stan. But k, whatever helps you sleep at night. Meanwhile Madonna stays being the most successful, the most influential/impactful, the most acclaimed. The indisputable Queen of Pop and Music. 

Am I the first to question her talent?

17 minutes ago, HninSi said:

Am I the first to question her talent?

Again, am I supposed to take the word of a bitter Mariah stan over the word of hundreds of musicians, producers, peers and music legends that have worked with her, and therefore known, witnessed and praised Madonna's talent in person, just because you and other ignorant persons question her talent? K. Flash-news: Madonna and MJ are not the queen and king of pop because this Mariah stan says so.

47 minutes ago, havok said:

She's a way better writer than your fave. She CAN actually write music, not just lyrics, unlike your fave. She also produces her own music, which is critically acclaimed; unlike your fave's. She plays instruments, unlike your fave. So, if she's not musically talented according to you, then I can only imagine what you think about your own fave. Poor Mariah! A kii, indeed. 

Opinions opinions. We all have one. Mariah does have some piano skills.

Daydream is acclaimed.  

And this person complains when i mention his other fav. He will always come for somebody's fav when they say anything about madonna. Why acting like you are any different?. 

tumblr_lp4c3e1ojd1qmj04jo4_400.gif

On 10/7/2017 at 0:56 PM, light741 said:

Opinions opinions. We all have one. Mariah does have some piano skills. Daydream is acclaimed. And this person complains when i mention his other fav. He will always come for somebody's fav when they say anything about madonna. Why acting like you are any different?. 

Mariah herself stated that she does not play any instruments and that she always relies on musicians when it comes to writing the music for her songs. If only I could find that interview, but I'm sure you already know this since you're a stan. 

Acclaimed artists top 1000

• Madonna #27
  • Mariah N/A 

All-time best albums top 3000

• Madonna - 4 entries
  • Mariah - N/A

All-time best songs top 6000

• Madonna - 7 entries 
  • Mariah - N/A

anigif_enhanced-6732-1422551428-2.gif

1 minute ago, havok said:

Mariah herself stated that she does not play any instruments and that she always relies on musicians when it comes to writing the music for her songs. If only I could find that interview, but I'm sure you already know this since you're a stan. 

Acclaimed artists top 1000

• Madonna #27
  • Mariah N/A 

All-time best albums top 3000

• Madonna - 4 entries
  • Mariah - N/A

All-time best songs top 6000

• Madonna - 7 entries 
  • Mariah - N/A

anigif_enhanced-6732-1422551428-2.gif

Mariah  said back in the day that her skills with the piano weren't very high so she usually worked with a partner to create the music, after coming up with a melody in her head. 

Keep trying.

giphy.gif

Lol, so we are meant to believe those magazine lists? Let the live audience decide. Has madonna stunned the audience just with her talent like this?

Or about creating music, has she ever come up with an impromptu moment like this?

I'll wait. We need live performance proof. Don't come up with vaginal antics and simulating masturbation videos. Haha.

19 minutes ago, HninSi said:

Let the live audience decide.

I mean, okay... 

Madonna is the highest-grossing solo touring artist of all time, earning U.S. $1.31 billion from her concerts since 1990

Vs.

Mariah Carey is an opening act for a tour that got delayed due to low ticket sales!

Seriously though, I know you're a troll and all that jazz but I like addressing these topics actually, according to your logic David Bowie, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Bob Marley and literally the main portion of all legendary acts are talentless because they don't have Mariah's range / singing riffs, kay. 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.