Jump to content
/\quarius

is Madonna TRULY the queen of pop?

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, light741 said:

Well Janet was a big seller there. Not Madonna or the vocal Trinity level of sales, but she was a big seller. Also her impact is based on how much her image, her dance moves, videos and sound have impacted artists. And they have impacted worldwide. That's why i mentioned Aretha as an example, many artists that weren't big sellers(for whatever reason). Race(Aretha and many other artists of that time had a difficut time with racism. Although racism never truly disappeared, it was far stronger back then. The time(usually sales weren't that high in the 60s and 70s), etc. But the impact did happen and happened worldwide. How many generations impacted by Aretha's vocals worldwide?. 6 and counting. 

Oh yes, when I used to post back in the day here, I would constantly defend Janet back and forth. No one would understand that her image was completely tarnished on an international level.  What's sad is that Justin Timberlake, the one who used to idolized Janet (he basically owes his career to her tbh), walked away scot-free. There's so much that can be explained but stans here don't wanna do their research.  I didn't live or experience Janet's slayage at ALL, I actually discovered her later on.  The only song I heard from her was Doesn't Really Matter. when I was little.... and I honestly thought it was Jessica Simpson back then. jj4 

Also, just like Mariah, Janet's influence in Asia can still be felt.  Look up Namie Amuro videos and you see this bitch pulling Janet Jackson moves.  She kinda even ripped off Feedback, a song that didn't really go top 5.... anywhere, as far as I remember. A lot of Korean and Japanese artists emulate Janet.  People think all Asians are racist but they actually love their chocolate, they just idolize the 'diva' personalities like Beyoncé.  But I ain't neva been to Asia at all so.... jj3 

 

14 minutes ago, Melt Away said:

This tea! I never understood why some Madonna stans are so pressed and obsessed with "dragging" other pop girls. (i.e. Gaga, Janet, Britney, Mariah, Kylie, sometimes even MJ, etc.) Like, be content with the legacy of your own fave! It's as if they feel the need to continually reassess her dominance. Instead, they just come off as the most insecure fanbase. wendy2 

Wasn't Madonna the Lady Gaga of her time? As in... she usually was called out for ripping people off? Maybe Madge stans are simply trying to cover the TRUTH. bey2 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, /\quarius said:

Also, just like Mariah, Janet's influence in Asia can still be felt.  Look up Namie Amuro videos and you see this bitch pulling Janet Jackson moves.  She kinda even ripped off Feedback, a song that didn't really go top 5.... anywhere, as far as I remember. A lot of Korean and Japanese artists emulate Janet.  People think all Asians are racist but they actually love their chocolate, they just idolize the 'diva' personalities like Beyoncé.  But I ain't neva been to Asia at all so.... jj3 

 

Wasn't Madonna the Lady Gaga of her time? As in... she usually was called out for ripping people off? Maybe Madge stans are simply trying to cover the TRUTH. bey2 

I've lived in Asia myself and I can verify that black rnb divas are HUGE in Asia! Everyone there stans Mariah, Bey, etc. The phrase "Janet Jackson" is used in Filipino slang to say "it's hot". Her impact indeed!

 

Anyway I'm not gonna comment on that last sentence!

Image result for you in danger girl 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Melt Away said:

I've lived in Asia myself and I can verify that black rnb divas are HUGE in Asia! Everyone there stans Mariah, Bey, etc. The phrase "Janet Jackson" is used in Filipino slang to say "it's hot". Her impact indeed!

 

Anyway I'm not gonna comment on that last sentence!

Image result for you in danger girl 

Girl I'm just here to look for the true tea while spilling some of my own. 

Image result for rihanna gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, /\quarius said:

Oh yes, when I used to post back in the day here, I would constantly defend Janet back and forth. No one would understand that her image was completely tarnished on an international level.  What's sad is that Justin Timberlake, the one who used to idolized Janet (he basically owes his career to her tbh), walked away scot-free. There's so much that can be explained but stans here don't wanna do their research.  I didn't live or experience Janet's slayage at ALL, I actually discovered her later on.  The only song I heard from her was Doesn't Really Matter. when I was little.... and I honestly thought it was Jessica Simpson back then. jj4 

Also, just like Mariah, Janet's influence in Asia can still be felt.  Look up Namie Amuro videos and you see this bitch pulling Janet Jackson moves.  She kinda even ripped off Feedback, a song that didn't really go top 5.... anywhere, as far as I remember. A lot of Korean and Japanese artists emulate Janet.  People think all Asians are racist but they actually love their chocolate, they just idolize the 'diva' personalities like Beyoncé.  But I ain't neva been to Asia at all so.... jj3 

 

Wasn't Madonna the Lady Gaga of her time? As in... she usually was called out for ripping people off? Maybe Madge stans are simply trying to cover the TRUTH. bey2 

I feel blessed that i was able to witness Mariah, Whitney, Madonna, Janet Global domination, i was a little kid but still i remember. I don't know why some Madonna stans are so hostil. I mean, the ones that stan for other women too(havok i'm looking at you). Their other favs can also be dragged using Madonna's stats, just like they use Madonna's stats to drag Kylie, Cher, Janet, Mariah, etc. So i'm like......

 

 

wonder-woman-2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, light741 said:

I feel blessed that i was able to witness Mariah, Whitney, Madonna, Janet Global domination, i was a little kid but still i remember. I don't know why some Madonna stans are so hostil. I mean, the ones that stan for other women too(havok i'm looking at you). Their other favs can also be dragged using Madonna's stats, just like they use Madonna's stats to drag Kylie, Cher, Janet, Mariah, etc. So i'm like......

 

 

wonder-woman-2.jpg

10

See, I was born and raised in Puerto Rico, and our culture is very intermingled with the United States, so growing up, I used to think Mariah Carey was the biggest pop star in the world. Lo and behold once I got educated, Madge is the one on top apparently? My mom LOVED Madonna but no one my age demographic uses her. like at all. unless they're gay. but EVERYONE can turn up to a Mimi, Destiny's Child, Xtina, Britney..... then it was Rihanna.... then Miley.... then Gaga.... and finally Katy Perry. that's the lineage of queen of pop as far as i can remember back home.  

So what is the truth? 

Image result for black woman stare gif

Times are changing and like I said, it seems like the media seems to pass off title to every pop star in particular.
Can we theorize it is because us the stans actually have the power? Of course. But truth be told, all the Vadge stans that lived through her slayage are dying, and anyone can post anything on the Internet nowadays, so are we sure we're not being spood fed a complete and utter lie?

Another question is, who's the contemporary Queen of Pop? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, /\quarius said:

See, I was born and raised in Puerto Rico, and our culture is very intermingled with the United States, so growing up, I used to think Mariah Carey was the biggest pop star in the world. Lo and behold once I got educated, Madge is the one on top apparently? My mom LOVED Madonna but no one my age demographic uses her. like at all. unless they're gay. but EVERYONE can turn up to a Mimi, Destiny's Child, Xtina, Britney..... then it was Rihanna.... then Miley.... then Gaga.... and finally Katy Perry. that's the lineage of queen of pop as far as i can remember back home.  

So what is the truth? 

Image result for black woman stare gif

Times are changing and like I said, it seems like the media seems to pass off title to every pop star in particular.
Can we theorize it is because us the stans actually have the power? Of course. But truth be told, all the Vadge stans that lived through her slayage are dying, and anyone can post anything on the Internet nowadays, so are we sure we're not being spood fed a complete and utter lie?

Another question is, who's the contemporary Queen of Pop? 

I think some stans forget every generation has their own stars. Mariah was the biggest in the 90s during her peak, just like Madonna was during her peak, same with Whitney, Celine, etc. But even though they all had great success after their prime, it doesn't change the fact that they were past their prime . And somebdy else was in that position of "biggest star". Comercial domination comes and goes, it doesn't last forever. Some stans forget this. And many stans of the new stars too. They think their faves will be forever on top, but that it's never the case. That's why i don't mind that Madonna, Mariah, Janet, etc aren't the center of attention right now. They have been there and done that. Now they are legends with nothing left to prove, and won't ever be forgotten. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, light741 said:

I think some stans forget every generation has their own stars. Mariah was the biggest in the 90s during her peak, just like Madonna was during her peak, same with Whitney, Celine, etc. But even though they all had great success after their prime, it doesn't change the fact that they were past their prime . And somebdy else was in that position of "biggest star". Comercial domination comes and goes, it doesn't last forever. Some stans forget this. And many stans of the new stars too. They think their faves will be forever on top, but that it's never the case. That's why i don't mind that Madonna, Mariah, Janet, etc aren't the center of attention right now. They have been there and done that. Now they are legends with nothing left to prove, and won't ever be forgotten. 

But when we are gonna cut the bullshit and call a spade a spade? It seems like there's only a few that are able to do this in this forum


Britney ripped off Janet Jackson but no one ever wants to admit it
Madonna has emulated Kylie Minogue countless of times but because she's never had a smash hit in America, some would call Kylie a lessor
Beyoncé might have gotten her vocal chops from Mimi but Janet Jackson gave her the moves
See how it's all interconnected? They're in the industry, they're competition, of course they're gonna keeping tabs on each other.

it's just like how they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
why else do you think Madonna was singing Born this Way every night?
because the bitch is narcissistic and she knew the only way she can get headlines is using lady gaga's name

Image result for lady gagagif

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, /\quarius said:

But when we are gonna cut the bullshit and call a spade a spade? It seems like there's only a few that are able to do this in this forum


Britney ripped off Janet Jackson but no one ever wants to admit it
Madonna has emulated Kylie Minogue countless of times but because she's never had a smash hit in America, some would call Kylie a lessor
Beyoncé might have gotten her vocal chops from Mimi but Janet Jackson gave her the moves
See how it's all interconnected? They're in the industry, they're competition, of course they're gonna keeping tabs on each other.

it's just like how they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
why else do you think Madonna was singing Born this Way every night?
because the bitch is narcissistic and she knew the only way she can get headlines is using lady gaga's name

Image result for lady gagagif

 

I guess it's the nature of the stan world. If you think this is bad. You should see the comic world. For example, so many characters were influenced by Superman and Wonder Woman, yet many people will try everything to deny that impact on their fave character. It seems like some fans can't ever be happy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes she is.

However, the reason Madonna fans are so insecure is because has constantly been put in jeopardy; by the press, other fan bases, etc.

While she is the biggest selling and most successful female artist and undisputable queen of pop, she is also one of the most hated. The press literally hates her guts because she has challenged them and their mysogynist asses more than once.

Janet fans were desperate for her to take the spot when she flopped because they wanted MJ and his sister to be king and queen of pop. Janet dragging Madonna didn't help either.

Mariah was then seen as another "replacement" for Madonna and the feud ensued when Madonna and Mariah shaded each other.

Yall know what happened with Gags lol.

It's literally always the same. Everytime a new and highly successful female pops up, she's instantly considered the "new queen of pop", the "new Madonna". It's literally fucking annoying. It's like the press is desperate for Madonna to be over. This is where allthe insecurity stems from.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ursula said:

Yes she is.

However, the reason Madonna fans are so insecure is because has constantly been put in jeopardy; by the press, other Fantasea, etc.

While she is the biggest selling and most successful female artist and undisputable queen of pop, she is also one of the most hated. The press literally hates her guts because she has challenged them and their mysogynist asses more than once.

Janet fans were desperate for her to take the spot when she flopped because they wanted MJ and his sister to be king and queen of pop. Janet dragging Madonna didn't help either.

Mariah was then seen as another "replacement" for Madonna and the feud ensued when Madonna and Mariah shaded each other.

Yall know what happened with Gags lol.

It's literally always the same. Everytime a new and highly successful female pops up, she's instantly considered the "new queen of pop", the "new Madonna". It's literally fucking annoying. It's like the press is desperate for Madonna to be over. This is where allthe insecurity stems from.

Don't y'all think the reason why pop girls lately haven't been smashing is because us the gays have been divided into different stan bases? gaycat1  All this does is create drama and tension between females. Now we got fucking Justin Bieber and Despacito on #1. ADIOS PERRITA! Where are my pop bitches? There was nothing that I would LOVE more than turning the radio and hearing my jams being played constantly. Am I getting old (hint: don't call me old if you stan someone older than 20), are we getting a new generation of pop legends or are males going to take over now? Ew if it's the latter gaycat1 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, /\quarius said:

Don't y'all think the reason why pop girls lately haven't been smashing is because us the gays have been divided into different stan bases? gaycat1  All this does is create drama and tension between females. Now we got fucking Justin Bieber and Despacito on #1. ADIOS PERRITA! Where are my pop bitches? There was nothing that I would LOVE more than turning the radio and hearing my jams being played constantly. Am I getting old (hint: don't call me old if you stan someone older than 20), are we getting a new generation of pop legends or are males going to take over now? Ew if it's the latter gaycat1 

Not really. It's the fact that through streaming the charts more accurately reflect what the GP listens to. As a matter of fact, males have a great advantage over females. Male (straight) and female audiences both listen to male artists a lot. Male audiences don't listen to girls because they fear of being called gay. So, the most acceptable female artist is someone the straight community approves and that is Rihanna.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ursula said:

Not really. It's the fact that through streaming the charts more accurately reflect what the GP listens to. As a matter of fact, males have a great advantage over females. Male (straight) and female audiences both listen to male artists a lot. Male audiences don't listen to girls because they fear of being called gay. So, the most acceptable female artist is someone the straight community approves and that is Rihanna.

Does this make Rihanna current queen of pop? Do Lady Gaga stans approve?

Image result for black woman stare

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, /\quarius said:

Does this make Rihanna current queen of pop? Do Lady Gaga stans approve?

Image result for black woman stare

I would argue so, yes. Rihanna has been constant but also reinvented herself quite a few times and is a huge force in both, fashion and music. The same way Madonna is/was. She also has her own share of timeless classic hits that still get played today. If she had released a GH album in 2012-14, she could have easily challenged Madonna's Immaculate Collection.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@/\quarius     Madonna is the queen of pop because she has the most distinctive discography among female pop singers IMO. Janet, Mariah, Whitney may have done pop records here and there

Yes she is. However, the reason Madonna fans are so insecure is because has constantly been put in jeopardy; by the press, other fan bases, etc. While she is the biggest selling and most suc

This thread is ridiculous. Madonna is universally known as the Queen of Pop. Media has called Bruno, JT, Bieber, Usher, etc. kings of pop at some point in their careers, does that mean that MJ is not


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×