/\quarius

is Madonna TRULY the queen of pop?

2 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Yeah but was it something that meant anything? Showing her nipple at the Superbowl (by accident to top it off) killed her career.

Madonna has a whole sex book and still succeeded. 

Try again. 

It was an example of how she has done plenty of scandalous and risk-taking moves in her career.  And when Madonna released the Sex Book and Erotica, she received major backlash, just like Janet did.  Soooo maybe you should try learning about Janet's career in the first place. #TillItHappensToYourFave

1 minute ago, /\quarius said:

It was an example of how she has done plenty of scandalous and risk-taking moves in her career.  And when Madonna released the Sex Book and Erotica, she received major backlash, just like Janet did.  Soooo maybe you should try learning about Janet's career in the first place. #TillItHappensToYourFave

Well it hasn't happened to my fave and I don't see it happening anytime soon. And yeah she did receive a lot of backlash, Erotica and Bedtime Stories weren't as successful as previous albums. But then she came back strong with Evita, the soundtrack to Evita, and Ray Of Light.

Did JJ make a comeback after the Superbowl? I dont see that happening either rih8

Just now, Warrior said:

Well it hasn't happened to my fave and I don't see it happening anytime soon. And yeah she did receive a lot of backlash, Erotica and Bedtime Stories weren't as successful as previous albums. But then she came back strong with Evita, the soundtrack to Evita, and Ray Of Light.

Did JJ make a comeback after the Superbowl? I dont see that happening either rih8

jj3

She doesn't need a comeback considering plenty of artists are referencing and paying tribute to her.... an album got four Grammy nominations, including Album Of The Year, and they sampled her. So clearly her legacy is remembered by PLENTY of people. 

1 minute ago, /\quarius said:

jj3

She doesn't need a comeback considering plenty of artists are referencing and paying tribute to her.... an album got four Grammy nominations, including Album Of The Year, and they sampled her. So clearly her legacy is remembered by PLENTY of people. 

And I didn't deny that, I said in my first post she has her influence. So yes, shes remembered and has a legacy etc...

What I was talking about is why Madonna is the queen of pop opposed to Janet. And my main point still stands, Madonna stood the test of time against all odds. 

Just now, Warrior said:

And I didn't deny that, I said in my first post she has her influence. So yes, shes remembered and has a legacy etc...

What I was talking about is why Madonna is the queen of pop opposed to Janet. And my main point still stands, Madonna stood the test of time against all odds. 

Yes, but the reason why I interjected is to let you know that Janet has taken as many.... if not, more, risks than Madonna. It's all subjective hence why I said you should learn more about her career.

29 minutes ago, /\quarius said:

Yes, but the reason why I interjected is to let you know that Janet has taken as many.... if not, more, risks than Madonna. 

That's not true.

Now let's watch you translate that as me saying Janet never took a risk.

3 minutes ago, Jjang said:

That's not true.

Now let's watch you translate that as me saying Janet never took a risk.

Oh I'm sorry, didn't know I was talking to the Supreme Judge of Pop. Nice try

@/\quarius How did Janet take more risks than Madonna? Elaborate please. oprah12 Janet Jackson is not and never will be on Madonna's level, she's not even in the level of Céline/Mariah/Whitney. Her stans like to pair her with the actual legends but she's an icon at best, and mostly, only in the US. She was NEVER a global pop phenomenon, her sales outside of the US were never impressive even during her biggest eras. Most of her catalogue is forgotten. She failed miserably at staying relevant once the new millennium kicked in. Her impact is not nearly as big and notorious as her stans make it out to be, has she influenced some people? Sure, but you act like she's the most influential musical act ever when she's not even top 15. Madonna surpasses her in EVERY single metric. Stop playing, and I'm still waiting for you to address my other response.

2 minutes ago, havok said:

@/\quarius How did Janet take more risks than Madonna? Elaborate please. oprah12 Janet Jackson is not and never will be on Madonna's level, she's not even in the level of Céline/Mariah/Whitney. Her stans like to pair her with the actual legends but she's an icon at best, and mostly, only in the US. She was NEVER a global pop phenomenon, her sales outside of the US were never impressive even during her biggest eras. Most of her catalogue is forgotten. She failed miserably at staying relevant once the new millennium kicked in. Her impact is not nearly as big and notorious as her stans make it out to be, has she influenced some people? Sure, but you act like she's the most influential musical act ever when she's not even top 15. Madonna surpasses her in EVERY single metric. Stop playing, and I'm still waiting for you to address my other response.

What other response? How does taking more risks than Madonna = being on her level? There are some people who are quite happy being their own selves, don't know if you know what that's about.

17 minutes ago, /\quarius said:

What other response? How does taking more risks than Madonna = being on her level? There are some people who are quite happy being their own selves, don't know if you know what that's about.

Isn't this whole thread about how other females are supposedly on Madonna's level and therefore worthy of her title according to you? Multiple people have clocked you, yet you haven't addressed their thoughts. Didn't you want a serious discussion, so what is up? Anyhow, please answer how exactly did Janet take more risks than Madonna. If you were blunt enough to say that then how come you cannot back up this opinion of yours with some actual evidence? Oh, and this one: 

On 8/7/2017 at 3:59 PM, havok said:

This thread is ridiculous. Madonna is universally known as the Queen of Pop. Media has called Bruno, JT, Bieber, Usher, etc. kings of pop at some point in their careers, does that mean that MJ is not the indisputable King of Pop? Madonna is revered as the most influential female recording act of all time. She has impacted pop culture like no other female singer ever has. There's before and after Madonna in music. She's the blueprint for what a pop star is supposed to be ever since the '80s, she's THE role model. She's responsible for changing the music industry in so many ways, music, videos, fashion, sexuality, feminism, the art of performing, tours, etc. She is also the most successful female act of all time, by far. This is just a quick summary, her impact and influence have been much bigger. No other female singer comes close to Madonna, so why would others be contenders to the title of the supreme female figure of pop if they are not even close? Such title can only be held by one person, and until someone outdoes Madonna in every aspect where she reigns then she'll still be the indisputable Queen of Pop. 

And it's not about us, her fans, being insecure. We just don't like her legacy, impact and status to be questioned by ignorant people. And that wasn't used in a derogatory way, I'm directly addressing their ignorance, because most of those coming for her are young people that aren't even familiar with Madonna's career and just talk out of pure ignorance. 

Also, that comment you made about all her stans dying is not only stupid but also pure flamebait. I guess you have never attended a Madonna concert. I have, and I can tell you that her demographic appeal is wide. You can see little children to adults, all enjoying Madge's music. And those that were young during her peak are 40-50 years old, nowhere near "dying". The defense rests. 

A response, to this above, would be nice too. nat1 

14 minutes ago, /\quarius said:

Here's a great article detailing EXTENSIVELY Janet's career and legacy, I suggest anyone who has any questions regarding her career to consult it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Jackson

You could have done the same with Madonna, yet here you are questioning her status and career. Anyway, I'll wait for your replies so I can respond accordingly. 

de05be684872a88a05fb43e9d200bd80.jpg

32 minutes ago, /\quarius said:

"Thats not true cuz I said its not true" please dont ever be a lawyer rip1

You mean the same way you decided that Janet took more risks just cause you said so? Lol

Havok i dont care enough about you or Madonna frankly to talk around in circles, turning this into a Madonna wank fest. Dont you guys have your own section for that? I understand it must be boring over there but what you have contributed to this thread put me to fucking sleep hence why I didnt even bother addressing it in the 1st place.

Posted from my SM-G550T1 using the FOTP app

15 minutes ago, /\quarius said:

If you didnt get it, you should maybe read the article I posted.

I can also link you to the hundreds of books written by social scientists / academics that analyze Madonna's impact on Popular culture, by the way.

Post a contstructed argument that backs up your point here or don't come at me with hypocritical comebacks.

16 minutes ago, /\quarius said:

Havok i dont care enough about you or Madonna frankly to talk around in circles, turning this into a Madonna wank fest. Dont you guys have your own section for that? I understand it must be boring over there but what you have contributed to this thread put me to fucking sleep hence why I didnt even bother addressing it in the 1st place.

You obviously care enough about Madonna to talk about her in several threads here for days :) hell, you even opened one :) 

27 minutes ago, /\quarius said:

Is "I don't care" your response to everything or just when you're backed into a corner with no way to refute? No one asked you to care about me or any other poster, that is why we ask you to address our posts regarding the discussion that YOU started. And let's not kid ourselves, you have been talking about Madonna for days and you opened a thread about her, that's a very interesting way of showing your lack of interest on her. And again, if you do not want your post addressed then don't post on a public forum and more importantly, don't open threads asking for a topic to be discussed. Common sense, anyone? Now, will you answer what you've been asked or you are gonna keep deflecting? 

de05be684872a88a05fb43e9d200bd80.jpg

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@/\quarius     Madonna is the queen of pop because she has the most distinctive discography among female pop singers IMO. Janet, Mariah, Whitney may have done pop records here and there

Yes she is. However, the reason Madonna fans are so insecure is because has constantly been put in jeopardy; by the press, other fan bases, etc. While she is the biggest selling and most suc

This thread is ridiculous. Madonna is universally known as the Queen of Pop. Media has called Bruno, JT, Bieber, Usher, etc. kings of pop at some point in their careers, does that mean that MJ is not

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.