Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Vulnicura.

#FOTPListens — The Integration LP by LA Vampires & Marie Minerva | Due: 31st Oct | Join Now!

11 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

Well Charli kept her album on Google Drive, had an easy password so someone leaked it, almost whole album (2 songs missing), some outtakes and ATAP demos jj2

Na co jeszcze czekasz jj2 DM me please

A5yOumP.png

@Ceremonials @Vilppu @Virgin Mary @Skyline @Cosmic Love @Sylk @Urbanov @Chapman.

Comments:

Vulnicura

I mean I've loved this since it came out but the songs have REALLY grown on me. None of the songs are bad/unenjoyable, even the weakest track Emotional is somewhat tolerable. I have to say I'm sort of conflicted on the opener, Dreamer. I find the chorus draggy at times but damn the flow of the verses goes hard and the production is complementary (production throughout the album is fantastic btw). 3 AM was possibly the first song that clicked with me but that also meant that it was the first to wear out. Still catchy but after a while feels a bit weak. Blame It On You, despite being the song with the lowest average here is actually one of my 10s. I love the vocal delivery and the beat is amazing, and there's a lot of interesting change-ups. Roll With Me........oh my god. When it actually clicked with me, I was questioning how could I have paid dust to it. Massive banger, snappy/catchy as fuck chorus and amazing songwriting throughout (especially love the line "I wanna kiss you in the nightclub" for some reason). As mentioned, Emotional is probably my least favorite because it doesn't really stand out among so many great tracks. If it was placed in any other album this would probably be a highlight. With ILY2, I was actually surprised that it was a favorite but it didn't receive any low scores thus the high average, not my favorite but I can definitely appreciate it. White Roses was a last minute 10 I decided to give out and that was because I found nothing that was out of place or missing in the track. I adore her vocal delivery and the fact that the lyrics flow smoothly, the minimal production does contrast with the rest of the album but works amazingly. Just beautiful. Babygirl was actually my least favorites in the album when I first heard it, but now has grown to be one of my favorites. I'm actually unfamiliar with Uffie but I love her contribution to the song (her voice omg). The song has almost a radio-friendly vibe to it (minus the part where she just bluntly throws in fuck). I love how there's randomly a 80s throwback on the album, works amazingly and makes the album more diverse. Drugs is a bit more subtle but still a fucking jam and very memorable. Ending the album off with a bang, Lipgloss is just......insane. Being cupcakKe's first appearance on a pop album, she doesn't disappoint at all. I wouldn't have even expected a collab between the two of them but it works perfectly.  Her verses proof not to be just vulgar word vomit, but full of clever word play which perfectly fits into the playful vibe of the song. Of course then there's the long ending which really wraps up the album.

Overall, it's one of my favorite releases this year, love how she plays around with different sounds throughout and never has a thoughtless or dull moment.

(yes I'm aware it's a mixtape not an album, album just sounds better)

Urbanov

1. Dreamer (feat. Starrah & RAYE) - A fucking bop
  2. 3AM (Pull Up) feat. MØ) - A FUCKING BOP
  3. Blame It On You - Meh, pretty forgettable.
  4. Roll With Me -INCREDIBLE BOP MAKES ME WANNA DANCE ALL NIGHT
  5. Emotional - Sweet girl.
  6. ILY2 - Cute girl.
  7. White Roses - Reminds me of my ex-trash.
  8. Babygirl (feat. Uffie) - Uffie delivered but Charli fucked up.
  9. Drugs (feat. ABRA) - I LOVE THIS BEAT AND ABRA FUCKING DELIVERED
  10. Lipgloss (feat. cupcakKe) - Trash.

Ceremonials

I can’t even describe how much I love this mixtape. Every song is so catchy and fun and most important SO GOOD. Charli and PC Music is definitely one of the best things that happened. It’s out since March and I already have so many fantastic memories with Number 1 Angel. I forced all of my friends to listen to this album and everyone loved it. So if you don’t like it, something’s wrong with you. jj1 I know I submitted this album but I don’t know what else can I say so I decided to give a description to every track.

1. Dreamer

Amazing opening track. I love the chorus and Raye’s verse. I didn’t know who Starrah is but she’s doing amazing in Dreamer. I would love to hear more Charli tho, that’s why it’s only 9, not 10.

2. 3AM (Pull Up) 

I was so excited for Charli and MØ collaboration and yes, it’s amazing but I find it a little annoying after some listens. MØ’s part is a little unnecessary and Charli could to it on her own but I love how she’s changing the lyrics in the last chorus to go fuck yourself, don’t say you’re sorry. 

3. Blame It On You

Chorus is cool but not my favourite but the verses and pre chorus! I love Charli’s vocals on this track. But my favourite part of this song is definitely bridge.

4. Roll With Me

THE.BEST.SONG.OF.2017. I was obsessed with this song since Charli first performed it live. Sophie and Charli should do at least one whole album together. Everything in this song is total perfection. As I said, for me it’s best song of this year and one of my fave songs overall.

5. Emotional

My least favourite track from mixtape but it’s still not that bad. Verses are boring and the chorus is a little pretentious. But vocals slay so I can’t say more about this song. I can stand it but Charli can do better with ballads (White Roses for example).

6. ILY2

Wow, another amazing track. I’m not surprised. I love this track and I love Charli so it’s good to know that Charli loves me too.

7. White Roses

This song gives me True Romance vibes mixed with her PC Music style. Could there be something better? The answer is no. Just like with Roll With Me, I love everything about this song - lyrics, vocals, production. I have some really nice memories with this song.

8. Babygirl 

CHARLI FEATURING UFFIE. OH MY GOD. I love 90s (80s?) vibes on this track, chorus is simply beautiful and lyrics are so cute. Uffie’s verse is great too, it’s so good to hear her again. 

9. Drugs 

Another song that gives me True Romance vibes. I was so excited when Charli announced that Abra will be on mixtape. This couldn’t go wrong. THE BRIDGE ON THIS TRACK IS FUCKING EVERYTHING, one of the best moments in music in 2017 for sure.

10. Lipgloss 

Amazing track. Hook is so good and funny and catchy and all that blah blah. The production is amazing. I’ll say it again - CHARLI AND SOPHIE SHOULD DO WHOLE ALBUM TOGETHER. Add CupcakKe and we got such an amazing track. I love ending when Charli sings it's Charli, baby. Wonderful.

Vilppu

Charli's current career trajectory is a mess which I find hard to understand. Going from her heavily electronic-influenced early sound, through the pop punk on Sucker to somewhat obnoxious PC Music and whatever tf After the Afterparty was supposed to be... quite a rollercoaster. In all of this we find the songstress hanging on to every opportunity and while I personally think she often doesn't know what she actually would like to do, she seems to have an advantage of truly understanding pop music - a feature not many popular girls posses - and most of the time delivers quality anyway.

Apart from the dull trio opening Number 1 Angel, every song here has something which managed to catch my attention. Whether it be an instantly memorable hook (Roll with Me), an intriguing feature (no idea how she came up with bringing Uffie back to life but thank her for that; and Abra is one of the most interesting alt-r&b artists right now) or... emotional content, something rarely present in Charli's music, as heard in the song literally titled Emotional, ILY2 or White Roses, a thrilling song which I consider a discography highlight. However, none of the other songs provided quite as much enjoyment as Lipgloss for me. What could easily turn into a predictable pop girl/rapper collab turned out to be a surprise on every front, Charlotte's little yet mesmerizing contributions backed up by incredible modern production flow seamlessly with cupcakKe's verses which consist of some of the most tounge-in-cheek and witty lines in recent memory. The track ends with a prolonged outro which has just enough different layers to keep the hooked on interested but not overbear them. I can definitely see why someone would consider this a bad song or a messy guilty pleasure material but for me it's a testament to both women's immense talent.

Congrats Charlene, you did it again.

Sylk

-Dreamer (feat. Starrah & RAYE)

I like it as a nice opener, had it been place anywhere else the score would've been lower! The rap parts are very cute. 

-3AM (Pull Up) feat. MØ) 

I like this alot! Never used moo alot but she's okay in here I guess. Could've used an element to take it to another place maybe but that's just me. 

-Blame It On You 

Very repetitive, and I don't like how she sings 'you' with that dropped jaw it doesn't sound pleasant to me. The bass is the saving grace. 

-Roll With Me 

A grower! I actually like this alot, that crescendo beat is wig snatching! Really nice middle of the record, transition track!

-Emotional 

I love a good ballad dahhling! Giving me Whitney's Emotional vibes with the lyrics! Love it!

-ILY2 - *Sylk's Fav*

Serving Mariah breathy vocals! We know she stans her it's no secret! Talent stans talent I guess? But we love some good harmonies dahhling we love the melodies! 

https://twitter.com/search?q=mariah from%3Acharli_xcx&src=typd&lang=en

-White Roses

Very nice transition from ILY2 vocally and musically very good!

-Babygirl (feat. Uffie)

We love a good 80s throwback dahhhling Uffie is very good on here! Love it!

-Drugs (feat. ABRA)

Maybe lyrically could've been better? Not too bad though, ABRA saves the track.

-Lipgloss (feat. cupcakKe)

three words: Her magnum opus.

Number One Angel thus snatches the top spot among all the alberms so far!

Next turn coming.....soon?

271927_351747431575425_1650415193_o.jpg

Melody's Echo Chamber • Melody's Echo Chamber

Dream Pop / Psychedelic Pop / Neo Psychedelia

September 25, 2012

44:28

1. I Follow You
  2. Crystallized
  3. You Won't Be Missing That Part Of Me
  4. Some Time Alone, Alone
  5. Bisou magique
  6. Endless Shore
  7. Quand vas tu rentrer?
  8. Mount Hopeless
  9. IsThatWhatYouSaid
  10. Snowcapped Andes Crash
  11. Be Proud of Your Kids

Due

1st September

V8W1AIj.gif

Not very familiar with dream pop or psychedelic music but the song titles are interesting.interesting1

2 hours ago, Vulnicura. said:

271927_351747431575425_1650415193_o.jpg

Melody's Echo Chamber • Melody's Echo Chamber

Dream Pop / Psychedelic Pop / Neo Psychedelia

September 25, 2012

44:28

1. I Follow You
  2. Crystallized
  3. You Won't Be Missing That Part Of Me
  4. Some Time Alone, Alone
  5. Bisou magique
  6. Endless Shore
  7. Quand vas tu rentrer?
  8. Mount Hopeless
  9. IsThatWhatYouSaid
  10. Snowcapped Andes Crash
  11. Be Proud of Your Kids

Due

1st September

V8W1AIj.gif

Not very familiar with dream pop or psychedelic music but the song titles are interesting.interesting1

This can be interesting jj2 

4 hours ago, Urbanov said:

I'm currently at the airport can I send my rates within few hours?

2 hours ago, Skyline said:

Can you give an hour? I'll have it done by then.

Considering I have 0 sets of scores as of now, and I should really take the time to properly listen, I'd say take your timehottie1

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.