Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Vulnicura.

#FOTPListens — The Integration LP by LA Vampires & Marie Minerva | Due: 31st Oct | Join Now!

Sorry for the delay in reveals, I have been really busy and I've been unable to give the album a proper relisten, or even have enough time to add up the scores.

If everyone doesn't mind, I'll be doing the reveals on Saturday insteadjj4

16 hours ago, Vulnicura. said:

Sorry for the delay in reveals, I have been really busy and I've been unable to give the album a proper relisten, or even have enough time to add up the scores.

If everyone doesn't mind, I'll be doing the reveals on Saturday insteadjj4

Can I send my scores tonight then? Bleachers deserve justice 

Image result for bratz gif

On 2017-8-3 at 1:01 AM, PhCh said:

The album is pretty good except for that Yoko Ono song... vomit1 

I love that one! It's like a wrap up of all the songs before the end of the album it's really cool :( 

oops sorry to everyone for being such a flop, I keep meaning to come here and at least post that I was taking a short break from this, mostly because I didn't even have spare time to collate all the scores and post all the averages.jj4

huge apols to @Chapman. for doing your album dirty (it is a talented album btw!)

I should be able to start the next turn tomorrow!

anigif_enhanced-32569-1408484430-32.gif

On 8/4/2017 at 3:21 AM, Shadow Games said:

Is unreleased music allowed? I already submitted an option, but came submit something else if it's not allowed.

Mess I must have missed this post when I paid dust to this thread last week.

Unfortunately, unreleased music still falls under compilations, so they aren't allowedjj3

You can always submit something else, we love talent here!

anigif_enhanced-32569-1408484430-32.gif

@Chapman. @Ceremonials @Vilppu @Skyline @PhCh @Hyun. @Entea @Sylk

iqwpDl6.png

=#11  I'm Ready To Move On / Wild Heart Reprise 6.119 x 3 —  Vulnicura, Skyline, Chapman // 1  x 2 — Entea, PhCh

Who I Want You To Love 6.118 — Vilppu, Hyun // 1  x 1— Entea

#9     Reckless Love 6.44 8  x 3 — Vulnicura, Hyun, Sylk // 4  x 2 — Entea, Ceremonials

#8     Wild Heart 6.61 9 x 1 — Entea // 4 x 1 — Ceremonials

#7      You're Still A Mystery 7.22  8.5 — Hyun // 6— Vilppu, Ceremonials

#6      Like A River Runs 7.44  9 x 1 — Hyun // 5 x 1 — Ceremonials

#5      Wake Me 7.55 10 x 1 — PhCh // 5 x 1 — Ceremonials

#4      Take Me Away 7.66 10 x 1 — Hyun // 3 x 1 0 — Vilppu

#3      I Wanna Get Better 7.78 10 x 1 — Chapman // 5 x 1 — Entea

and the best song of the album......

and the first song to get a score above 8 is.....

#2      Shadow 7.86 10 x 1 — Hyun // 7 x 3 — Entea, Vilppu, Sylk

#1      Rollercoaster 8.50 10 x 2 — PhCh, Hyun // 7 x 3 — Entea, Vilppu, Sylk

dI5El4Z.png

overall thots:

Chapman:

I Wanna Get Better - The absolute perfect summer banger ❤️

A phenomenal album that keeps on surprising me every listen. I find it so cool where he does this reprise thing at the penultimate track (did it in his newest album and also Melodrama) to wrap the whole record up so simply. Staying away from all the bullshit and just making these upbeat anthems is what makes the record so fun to listen to, and what makes this one miles better than his latest (Gone Now). 

CeremonialsI'm not big fan of this album (I mean, it's really good but I prefer versions from Terrible Thrills vol. 2) but Strange Desire accompanied almost my whole spring and every time I went to job I listened to Rollercoaster (Charli version - genius) so yeah, after few listens it gets better and better!

Hyundidn't realise how much I loved this album until i couldn't give any song less than an 8 rip4

SylkVery 80s! An era we love and enjoy. And if you can manage to look past who Jack Antonoff sleeps with every night and an album cover that overtly caters to the foot fetish demography, leaving room to question what the title actually suggest at, you might actually enjoy this album.

Vilppu

Rollercoaster - In spite of its title, it's more like of a consistent ride which doesn't have many lows but doesn't reach extreme highs either.

I Wanna Get Better - By far the most memorable chorus on the album and just in general, such a heartfelt, uplifting song, even if inspired by really saddening events.

Take Me Away - Like a bizarro cross between Jack's and Grimes' styles which doesn't work in favour of either, they're both capable of much better things when they stay in their own comfortable zones.

Who I Want You To Love - Starting off as a pretty, yet slightly unremarkable slower song, this turns into an absolute album highlight with the fantastic instrumental breakdown halfway through

To paraphrase one of the songs included on Strange Desire, Jack Antonoff's work up to this point has been a rollercoaster. On the one hand he co-wrote a considerable amount of good songs – such as Lorde's most recent acclaimed album, by far the best song on 1989 (and no, I'm not talking about Out of the Woods) or the lead single to St. Vincent's upcoming record – but he also had his missteps, most notably being a part of that unbelievably tacky group fun. All of this caused my mixed feelings making me approach his solo debut with both fear and excitement.

In the end, it turned out to be pretty much a testament to his talent and in a way a mix of all the things he's done with other artists. There's a little bit of unabashed fun., except devoid of Nate Ruess' shrieking and all other things which made fun. annoying, on some of the slower cuts, on the other hand, you can hear his more subtle, sincere side. There are few changes throughout the record (and the ones like Grimes and Yoko Ono collabs or the more electronic bridge of Like a Rivers Run reek of wasted potential) but the formula of a fairly standard alt pop/rock verse leading to an explosive chorus works, as these choruses actually do have melodies or hooks strong enough to warrant such outburst. Overall, I don't think it's an album that would convince a Jack Antonoff dissenter of his songwriting abilities but it's definitely a solid start which gives the listener a general idea of who he is as an artist.

favorites:

Entea — Take Me Away

Ceremonials — Rollercoaster

Skyline — I'm Ready to Move On / Wild Heart Reprise

Chapman — I Wanna Get Better

Sylk — Take Me Away

Highest Scorer: Hyun ( 8.82 )

Lowest Scorer: Vilppu ( 6.00 )

1 hour ago, Vulnicura. said:

@Sylk: And if you can manage to look past who Jack Antonoff sleeps with every night and an album cover that overtly caters to the foot fetish demography, leaving room to question what the title actually suggest at

SHUT UP OH MY GOD

1 hour ago, Vulnicura. said:

@Hyun.: didn't realise how much I loved this album until i couldn't give any song less than an 8 rip4

love it when you stan talent, oh wait that's always wub1 

600x0w.jpg

Miguel • Wildheart

R&B, Psychedelic Rock

June 29, 2015

46:25 / 59:47

1. A Beautiful Exit
  2. Deal
  3. The Valley
  4. Coffee
  5. NWA (feat. Kurupt)
  6. Waves
  7. What's Normal Anyway
  8. Hollywood Dreams
  9. Destinado a Morrir (Enter.lewd)
  10. ...Goingtohell
  11. Flesh
  12. Leaves
  13. Face The Sun (feat. Lenny Kravitz)

Deluxe:

9.                                                                                                         ...Goingtohell

10.                                                                                                                Flesh

11.                                                                                                               Leaves

12.                                                                                          Face The Sun (feat. Lenny Kravitz)

13.                                                                                                                 GFG

14.                                                                                                     Destinado a Morrir

15.                                                                                                         Simple Things

16.                                                                                                             Damned

Scores Due on: 14th August

8 am GMT

111HxHgl.gif 111HxHgl.gif 111HxHgl.gif

have always wanted to listen to Miguel so this is perfect.

I'm expecting his music to be as sexy as him.hay1

I mean.....he deserves a HOW thread tbhjj5

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.