Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Vulnicura.

#FOTPListens — The Integration LP by LA Vampires & Marie Minerva | Due: 31st Oct | Join Now!

6 hours ago, PhCh said:

So after we PM you our scores / favorite song will you reveal them later like in a Megarate? or will just post the album average score? or I got this wrong? wat3 

I'll just be posting the album average

wat3

46 minutes ago, Chapman. said:

also do we start now wat3 

I'm not sure eitherwat3

I'm ok with starting anytime soon since we have a good amount of submissions already but we could use morejj2

If there's not gonna be more entries, I'll just wait for @Hyun. I guessjj3

Besides submissions are always gonna be open so anyone can join anytime, but can never leavejj5

737adbd4231a4357840646e5f1cf4c8d

Title: Mad Love.

Artist: JoJo

Genre: Pop/R&B

Duration: 41:04 / 55:04

Release Date: October 14, 2016

Producers: ADP, Josh "Igloo" Monroy, Jussifer, Matt Friedman, MNEK, Oscar Holter,

Mike Kintish, Gray Hawken, Rock Mafia, SeventyEight, TJ Routon

Tracklist

1) Music.

2) I Can Only. (feat. Alessia Cara)

3) Fuck Apologies. (feat. Wiz Khalifa)

4) FAB. (feat. Remy Ma)

5) Mad Love.

6) Vibe.

7) Honest.

8) Like This.

9) Edibles.

10) High Heels.

11) I Am.

Deluxe (optional but highly recommended)

12) Clovers.

13) Reckless.

14) Good Thing. 

15) Rise Up.

--(from wikipedia)--

Incorporating a base core of R&B, pop and soul music, JoJo wanted the album to take fans through a journey from beginning to end while not only being for her but relatable to all the fans who stuck by her though her years in limbo and really be the "soundtrack to people's lives". It serves as her first major official release in a decade following 2006's The High Road. A deluxe edition of the album featuring 4 bonus tracks, was released simultaneously alongside the eleven-track standard edition. JoJo co-wrote every song on the album while also vocal producing every song.

JoJo called upon the likes of Josh "Igloo" Monroy, Jussifer, Rock Mafia Matt Friedman, Oscar Holter and MNEK as well as others, to handle production for the album. JoJo had recorded several incarnations of a third album while still contracted under Blackground Records since early 2008 that were ultimately shelved and scrapped following JoJo's release and signing with Atlantic Records in December 2013. The album had then begun production again from scratch and was re-written and recorded over a two-year period, with majority of the album being recorded in early 2016. Amongst those included are collaborations with rappers Wiz Khalifa and Remy Ma, in addition to her longtime friend Alessia Cara who features on a song called "I Can Only.". Occasionally the album dips into other genres such adult contemporary and soul music.

Mad Love. was promoted with live renditions of the album's songs during The Mad Love. World Tour. The album was also preceded by the release of the lead single, a Matt Friedman and Oscar Holter of Wolf Cousins production called "Fuck Apologies", featuring American rapper and Atlantic Records label mate Wiz Khalifa. The song became moderate success charting on the U.S. Billboard's Pop Digital Songs chart, peaking at number forty. It became JoJo's first charting single in the UK since 2007's "Anything" peaking at number one-hundred and four on the singles chart and number eighteen on the UK R&B Singles Chart. "Mad Love.", "FAB." featuring Remy Ma and "Music." all served as promotional singles leading up to the album's release.

Upon its release, the album received generally favourable reviews from music critics, some noting that the album became JoJo's "bold coming-of-age statement" that helped cement her maturity and vocal growth since her previous album. Mad Love. debuted on the US Billboard 200, Current Albums & Top Digital Albums chart at number 6, number 4 and number 2 respectively with 25,000 album-equivalent units, of which 19,000 were traditional album sales. A vinyl LP edition of the album was made available on February 3, 2017.

YouTube playlist:

Spotify playlist:

pm me if you need help finding other sources for the album

I was gonna write a full on track by track review explaining each song but:

a) I'm lazy

Image result for lazy new york gif

b) I'm gonna let it up to you guys to explore the songs yourself for nowjj2

DUE ON 17th July (Monday) 8:00am GMT

ines65.gifines65.gifines65.gif

PM me your scores and feel free to post as you listen here.

Again, feel free to ask questions!jj2

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.