Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Vulnicura.

#FOTPListens — The Integration LP by LA Vampires & Marie Minerva | Due: 31st Oct | Join Now!

Track 1: Light Me Up

ok a rather long intro, feeling very poppy vibes so far. the piano is cute, so is her voice. cute chorus. Second verse is starting to sound generic. I don't really like the drums as of now but I like her voice. The drums are sounding better in the last chorus, doesn't go anywhere lyrically. The piano ending could have been more dramatic.

7.5/10

Track 3: Miss America

I'm already liking the intro more than the previous 2 tracks. Pretty interesting so far. The chorus percussions don't really fit the song, OH WAIT nevermind there it is, could have used a post chorus. 2nd verse is more of my pace, this verse could have been longer.  Don't really understand what's going on in that middle 8, I like the transition to the final chorus. Final chorus could have used heavier percussions.

8.25/10

Track 4: Another Life

Intro is cute, has a underlying feel of sadness. So far the album is reminding me of Sophie Ellis Bextor. I'm not really getting this song, sounds a bit blurry not really a defined standout in this song so far. Ok middle 8 starts picking up, what is happening to the tempo, I'm a bit confused sounds like someone took Melanie Martinez and put her in a microwave. I'm not really feeling it

5.5/10

Track 5: I Remember Her

Sounding a bit more light hearted already, hope this is better than the previous track. So far a cute track, simple and not much twists, but that's fine. I like the sentimental value to this song though

7.75/10

Track 6: Drink You Gone

3 ballads in a row (is Another Life considered a ballad I already forgot how it sounds). I can tell Ceremonials will hate this album already. Doesn't differ too much from the previous track, which unfortunately means the songs are lacking individuality so far. Nearing the end of the song forgot how the whole things sounds already

7.75/10

Track 7: Hell No

So this is the lead single....so far it's already more positive than the rest of the album. The first verse starts off good could have used a decent pre chorus, the second verse is just lazy, The song feels like a grower, I'll definitely listen a few more times

8.5/10

Track 9: Celebrate

Ooh guitar is cute, I like the country-ish tinge to it. Wow wasn't expecting to see such a bop here. It's simple but executed well. The production stands out from the rest of the album already and I like how her voice goes along with it. My fav so far although it could have been better 

8.5/10

Track 10: Old Days

A bit more emotional already but it somehow works after such a happy song. It's a very album closer ballad, as in it feels a bit predictable(?). Her voice is quite versatile though. I do like this song, albeit a bit forgettable. The slight buildup before ending is also quite interesting.

8/10

Just my first impressions so far thoughhottie1

2 hours ago, Vulnicura. said:

Track 5: I Remember Her

Sounding a bit more light hearted already, hope this is better than the previous track. So far a cute track, simple and not much twists, but that's fine. I like the sentimental value to this song though

7.75/10

don't think id describe this one as light-hearted seeing it's that depressing song on the record imo cry9 

This album is a lil better than JoJo's but it's also a chore to listen to. I'm gonna post my track-by-track thoughts today once I get comfortable enough to have a Ingrid streaming party

Eh I didn't like it. Nothings stands up as a highlight, the lyrics are nothing to write home about and half of the songs are like the epitome of a basic piano ballad. I mean no offense but the only positive I could get from this album is that it was short dead2  gonna give it another listen before sending my scores but... jj3 

ok I'm listening now and seeing if I feel like it I'll type down some thots while listening. and unlike other selfish people (cough vulnicura) I'll post this whole thing at the end of my listening so I only take up one post gaycat1 

ingrid's voice is still as beautiful as I remember it ahhh (track 1 3:04)

this timestamp thing is kinda cute I'm gonna follow this (track 1 3:20)

most of the opinions above are about how "generic" these songs are but I sort of thing that's the point of ingrid's sound? like these are harmless singer/songwriter songs that might not be the most groundbreaking but they make for a good listen. that said IDHTMS is not her best ofco! (track 2 1:37)

believe it or not this is one of the most distinctive choruses on the record lol. also I forgot to type anything on miss america because that's a generic song (track 4 1:51)

this is so beautiful. to some it's just a "cute" piano ballad, but this is bringing out all the feels in me right now (track 5 1:30)

I remember this being my favourite from the record btw and I think it's gonna stick (track 5 2:06)

third piano ballad in a row! the reason that this isn't her best record is that it's too moody and, well, sad. (track 6 2:01)

still her piano ballads outsells all others though (track 6 2:20)

MAMA SAID THAT BOYS LIKE YOU WOULD'VE WALKED OUT ANYWAY OH HELL NO (track 7 1:12)

this is giving me taylor's stay stay stay teas and that's not a good sign (track 8 1:06)

delete this and give me another piano ballad / bop / anything else (track 8 1:26)

this is a weird tracklist tbh. there's so many upbeat songs (well many in relative to the 10-song tracklist) but they come out of absolutely nowhere after the 2 absolutely depressing songs in the middle. (track 9 1:09)

still I think the piano ballads > upbeat songs (track 9 1:28)

truth or dare with jimmy clarke who the fuck is jimmy clarke (track 9 2:29)

The closer build-up thing with the vocal layering is borrowed from the same thing she's done in Lights Out, I forgot if she's done the same in other albums? But it's so good I love ittt (track 10 3:44)

also a bonus to everybody to appreciate a godly voice and a godly song

I was gonna post about how this was better than expected but the second half...

zokcJ8b.gif

Will give it more listens before I send but it's not looking good for poor Ingrid currently.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.