Royale

Britney Spears' team plans to get back to the Super Bowl

Britney Spears’ associates have had “secret discussions” with television and advertising execs tied to Super Bowl LII, according to a source close to the situation. The game will take place Feb. 4 in Minneapolis.

“Britney has made it clear to her team that it is a dream to perform at a Super Bowl,” according to an insider. “She has the hits package and appeal to be a headliner.”

According to our source, Spears could also be packaged with other big acts to fill the 12-minute slot. The 35-year-old singer last rocked the Super Bowl in 2001, when she performed “Walk This Way” in Tampa with acts including Aerosmith and ’N Sync.

Last summer, Spears was asked point-blank by BBC Radio 1 if she would be game for another Super Bowl show.

“Yes, I would probably do that,” she answered.

We’re told that the success of her Las Vegas residency, which started in December 2013 and will wrap at the end of the year, has proven the “Baby One More Time” singer to be commercially and emotionally stable enough to perform for millions at the NFL’s biggest showcase. Spears has also made the case that she can still sing, which has been questioned.

x

singer to be commercially and emotionally stable enough to perform for millions at the NFL’s biggest showcase. Spears has also made the case that she can still sing, which has been questioned.

Where was the need for that shade though? 

Every year we have this kind of rumor, but this time I think her management is really into it, but I hope she performs in 2019, when she'll celebrate her 20th career anniversary (Even though she started in 1998 dead4)

18 hours ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

I think enough props, dancers, special FX, guest performers, and the right song choices can help. But I do fear backlash will be imminent especially for lipsynching. 

No ammount of props, guests or dancers would take away the fact that she gives zero fucks. She's improved A LOT but she's nowhere near Super Bowl ready. Have y'all seen the other popgirls' shows? Madge rehearsed hers to the millisecond and made it look effortless. Beyoncé gave it her formulaic routine but her stamina and attitude sold it. Katy's remixes and vocals (wether it was live or prerecorded doesnt matter) were on point and she spared no expenses on the production. Gaga's had a cringe moment at the end but she was clearly giving it her all. And then there's Britney who asks for toned down choreography and whose idea of a dancebreak is mummy salsa moves and whose idea of a setlist contain 15 year old vocals and use remixes that are 4 years old while having a band pretend to play instruments. Her team is so cheap they'd recycle old tour props because they're too money hungry to spend a couple extra bucks. These are the people that didnt get her a proper pole prop for her Asian tour I mean...

I love the good sis but any Brit fan who thinks she could do it on this day and age is beyond deluded sorry1

Plus would she be able to take the ammount of stress the whole experience would put her through?

Salty Brit fan rant over I guess moo1 

My money is on Taylor Swift doing the next Half Time show. She's as vanilla as they come, she'll be ready to kick off her era/would have started it fairly recently come Febraury and she'd see it as a huge mraketing and selling point.