sledgehammer

The most famous song in Spanish of all time?

I am not talking only about the charts (aka biggest selling hit), but about songs that actually ingrained into everyone's minds and that were phenomenons. I will name some from my point of view (and personal experience), feel free to suggest more.

Mecano - Hijo De La Luna

Azucar Moreno - Bandido

Los Del Rio - Macarena

Las Ketchup - Asereje

Gloria Estefan - Hoy

Daddy Yankee - Gasolina

Aventura - Obsesion

Shakira - La Tortura

Thalia - Amor a la Mexicana

Juanes - La Camisa Negra

Ricky Martin - Maria

Lorna - Papi Chulo

Enrique Iglesias - Bailando

Chantaje and Despacito are too new to be counted. What are your choices?

I had never heard Bandido and Hoy before. Maracena is the biggest song in Spanish ever, by far. That song is the book definition of massive and global domination. Asereje is right behind. It's kinda sad that the only songs that anglophone countries adopt are those that are terrible and cringeworthy. fall8 

6 minutes ago, Chapman. said:

yeah it's gotta be macarena

This. 

That song was an absolute fucking beast in its day and it's probably what most English speaking people, at least, think of when they think of a big Spanish song. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This.  That song was an absolute fucking beast in its day and it's probably what most English speaking people, at least, think of when they think of a big Spanish song. 

I had never heard Bandido and Hoy before. Maracena is the biggest song in Spanish ever, by far. That song is the book definition of massive and global domination. Asereje is right behind. It's kinda s

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.