Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Americunt

Lana Del Rey | Norman Fucking Rockwell! | August 30th, 2019

9 minutes ago, Tough Lover said:

While TNBAR is nowhere near the best song on NFR, I would've loved that as the title track for this album. giveup1 I feel like TNBAR suits the album and era aesthetic perfectly. NFR is just so awkward to me. dead7

"The greatest" could've been cute too as the title track! maybe even "How to disappear" jj2 

3 hours ago, Hunty Bear said:

"The greatest" could've been cute too as the title track! maybe even "How to disappear" jj2 

Honestly almost any other song could've been used for the title track and been a better fit then NFR. dead4 It is just so random to me, especially with her explanation as to why she named it NFR. dead2 I also think that the rumor it was originally titled TNBAR got me super excited, so when she changed it to NFR I was like, wtf? dead2 but oh well, it's her album, not mine! sia2 

One thing I do appreciate is that the name made my standards lower, especially since I didn't love almost any of the pre-release singles, so when I listened to it I was pleasantly scalped. I even found I liked MAC and VB much more within context of the whole album.

59 minutes ago, Tough Lover said:

Honestly almost any other song could've been used for the title track and been a better fit then NFR. dead4 It is just so random to me, especially with her explanation as to why she named it NFR. dead2 I also think that the rumor it was originally titled TNBAR got me super excited, so when she changed it to NFR I was like, wtf? dead2 but oh well, it's her album, not mine! sia2 

One thing I do appreciate is that the name made my standards lower, especially since I didn't love almost any of the pre-release singles, so when I listened to it I was pleasantly scalped. I even found I liked MAC and VB much more within context of the whole album.

in all fairness, LFL was the album originally titled BAR jj2 NFR was always titled NFR! TNBAR still could've been a good title, but it probably would come off pretty self-indulgent tbh

and that's good to hear! a lot of the songs really come to life in the context of the album, so even though I thought that some of the pre-release singles were among her best songs ever, they were still elevated even further in the context of the album jj2 

4 minutes ago, Liam said:

Bartender gag1

funny way to spell The Next Best American Record gag1 which btw would be mid-to-good tier on Lust for Life, which says a lot about the quality of the album gag1 

3 hours ago, Lachlan said:

The way that this is literally just the best album of all fucking time not a single dull moment I.... gag1 

I don't even want to think about the implications this album has on my Lana album ranking gag1 it's been so established and so sacred for so long but the way this album elevated EVERYTHING ... gag1 

14 hours ago, Hunty Bear said:

in all fairness, LFL was the album originally titled BAR jj2 NFR was always titled NFR! TNBAR still could've been a good title, but it probably would come off pretty self-indulgent tbh

and that's good to hear! a lot of the songs really come to life in the context of the album, so even though I thought that some of the pre-release singles were among her best songs ever, they were still elevated even further in the context of the album jj2 

Oh! sia2 I knew it was a rumored title for an album, I just assumed it was NFR since it was finally on this album. rip2 It probably would've came off a bit like that, but the quality would've matched the title at least! ny1 

And if we're being completely honest, I wasn't that interested until Doin Time came along. aura1 I literally couldn't make it through Venice Bitch and I thought MAC was dull. aura1 I didn't even listen to HIADTFAWLMTHBIHI ( dead2 ) right away because of the shitty artwork and because I didn't love MAC and VB. aura1 But I am glad to report that my nonsense has since been cleared up. sia2 I don't have the urge to skip VB and I really love MAC! Also, Hope is definitely one of my favorites on the album. oprah2 

Okay I'm bumping this because I have no idea why I didn't listen to this sooner.

This album was a fucking experience.

Lana's really the only artist getting better with every album.

Her best work to date, and if this does not fucking win Album of the Year next year...

The writing on this is simply superb.

cry4

On 9/14/2019 at 2:49 AM, Slasher said:

While TNBAR is nowhere near the best song on NFR, I would've loved that as the title track for this album. giveup1 I feel like TNBAR suits the album and era aesthetic perfectly. NFR is just so awkward to me. dead7

The most awkward title since Bangerz. I detest it and the album cover.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.