Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Miley quotes Bieber to explain her sobriety

"In a new profile for Harper's Bazaar, Miley Cyrus continues to discuss about her metamorphosis into her new, country-fied, "Malibu"-singing self. Part of that evolution includes her choice to eschew marijuana for the time being, a decision she made, this spring when she was preparing to focus on her return to music, as noted in an earlier Billboard interview. But that sobriety may not last forever.

“Just for now,” she said of her current status as a teetotaler of sorts. “To quote the wise Justin Bieber, ‘Never say never.’ But right now I want to be clear.” (That's a reference to Bieber's 2010 hit with Jaden Smith "Never Say Never," of course.)

In the past, Cyrus has been an open proponent of partying and use of the substance; after all, this is the artist who brought us the quintessential party track "We Can't Stop" and released an album literally titled "Bangerz" (not to mention the psychedelia-infused "Miley Cyrus and Her Dead Petz," with songs like "I'm So Drunk"). She also regularly publicized her marijuana-smoking activity on social media. But the times, they have a-changed — for her.

“I think I show people that they can be themselves,” she further noted of her new image. “I also think something that has been important for me, in this next little, like, transition phase of my career is that I don’t give a f--k about being cool. I just want to be myself.”

She also reflected on her former tendency toward risqué outfits, noting that the ubiquity of skin-baring looks among other celebrities has made it less of a statement. “It’s more punk actually for me to not," she said of her pivot toward a different image as of late."

http://time.com/4856758/miley-cyrus-justin-bieber/

stan!!

I don't think there's anything wrong with smoking pot -- hell I'm a pothead so I can't judge. However, I totally applaud her for taking the time to clear her mind.  A lot of people downplay the effects of Marijuana because the addiction is psychological, not physically.  However, psychological addiction can be just as bad, if not, worse than physical addiction. Being high all the time is not the tea sistren.  Yes, smoking recreationally can be a lot of fun, but drugs are still drugs and there must be a certain amount of responsibility that should be taken into consideration. I know people that literally can't function in life without smoking weed nowadays.  Drugs aren't bad, especially when there's a blurry line between what drugs are good and bad, but what's TRULY 100% bad is the addiction. So clap3 for Miley, keep going at it!

On 7/14/2017 at 10:29 AM, /\quarius said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with smoking pot -- hell I'm a pothead so I can't judge. However, I totally applaud her for taking the time to clear her mind.  A lot of people downplay the effects of Marijuana because the addiction is psychological, not physically.  However, psychological addiction can be just as bad, if not, worse than physical addiction. Being high all the time is not the tea sistren.  Yes, smoking recreationally can be a lot of fun, but drugs are still drugs and there must be a certain amount of responsibility that should be taken into consideration. I know people that literally can't function in life without smoking weed nowadays.  Drugs aren't bad, especially when there's a blurry line between what drugs are good and bad, but what's TRULY 100% bad is the addiction. So clap3 for Miley, keep going at it!

my friend form 7/8th grade became a pothead jj3 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.