Vilppu

1989 • Top 5

1 minute ago, Yuna said:

So when you hear SIO in public you don't bop even just a little? wendy1

I've never heard it in public s0!

The hook is kind of hard to resit, I'll say that, it's mostly the bridge which makes me want to... jump off a bridge.

Just now, Vilppu said:

I've never heard it in public s0!

The hook is kind of hard to resit, I'll say that, it's mostly the bridge which makes me to... jump off a bridge.

Omg yes that bridge is the worst I've ever heard. Tay did THAT!

Listening to Clean again and I'm coming around. Such an interesting amalgamation of Taylor and Imogen's respective styles. And it's a daring choice as the album closer. Reflective and very much a coda to the album's theme of romance. I love that she ended it with a song that affirms independence, not dependence on a lover, as much as I love the straight-up love songs on the album.

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app

I'm okay with Style winning even if it was my #2 and Wildest Dreams was #1. Someone mentioned how the album's midtempos are her strongest display on this record and I have to agree. Both of these songs are outstanding examples: they build in tension in such an exquisite way and the final explosion of piano for those last two choruses in Wildest Dreams is truly otherworldly. Such a timeless song. And Style too--it's good from the getgo, but nothing can beat that airtight chorus--pop perfection!--until the sheer euphoria of the outro, when she bellows "Take me hoooooome!", harmonizes with herself, and it all makes for a dazzling finish.

What I really respect about this album is that it showed me as a non-stan that Taylor is a flat out staggeringly good songwriter, and the development in her vocals is amazing. The tour version of WD alone.... she straight up goes for it. Talk about taking what your voice can do and doing absolutely everything with it to sell A SONG.

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app