Jump to content
BreatheeOnKnee

What do you think about Christina's big comeback?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Hector said:

It isn't about commercial success tho giveup2 as far as I know, the artists that get the award, they get it because of their videology and the impact it had and you can't deny that Tina's music videos didn't had any impact. Britney and Christina where a FORCE on Pop music and their music videos where standard on Pop girls. So I don't see why she wouldn't get it? She has plenty of iconic videos. If not's Xtina, then Missy Elliot should get it.

Xtina wasn't a force as much as Britney. She had 1 cute era with impact and that was probably Dirrty 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ♚Missy♚ said:

Xtina wasn't a force as much as Britney. She had 1 cute era with impact and that was probably Dirrty 

Back to Basics was pretty good for her. Especially the tour. A solid show where she didn't try to do things she knew she couldn't. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't there is much of a chance of it being a big commercial success. Very few pop stars from the late 90's/early 2000's have impressive chart showings for albums anymore. However, album chart success honestly means jack and shit in the modern music era. The singles are where your receipts come from. If Xtina delivers an album that is worth listening to and she doesn't go overboard trying to do things she knows she can't, then I will declare it a success. At this point in her career, she doesn't need the charts. She needs to buckle down and make good music. If she does that, and we know she is capable, then I think she'll endear enough listeners to make at least the lead single a chart success. She only needs the one to get people to listen to the album tbh. And if she serves up an album that is cared for and gotten to the best that it can be, then I think she'll be okay. Only time will tell if she'll do it. But I'm not counting her out yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ♚Missy♚ said:

Xtina wasn't a force as much as Britney. She had 1 cute era with impact and that was probably Dirrty 

Overall, Britney was the more popular and successful of the two. But Stripped was bigger than Britney and ITZ, and BTB was bigger than Circus and Blackout. Anyhow, Christina is one of the most influential female pop star from her generation. She's been cited as a huge influence by a lot of acts that were successful from the next generation: Gaga, Leona, Kelly, Sam, Miley, Ariana, Selena, Demi, Meghan, 5H, Hayley, Jessie J, etc. Stripped is arguably more influential than any Britney era, but her impact does not stop there. Many of the acts that have cited her as an influence have talked about the impact her debut and BTB eras had on them as well. Anyway, you're a troll and a hater so why am I wasting my time? xtina17

15 hours ago, Gabe. said:

well to keep it 100% real her videography has fallen down quite a bit ever since 2007... 

She's only released 5 official videos since then. YB is one of her best and NMT has a great concept, it was just poorly executed and the editing is terrible. Anyhow, her videography from 1999 to 2007 is immaculate and impactful and warrants a Vanguard Award. xtina17

5 hours ago, RebelHeart15 said:

trying to do things she knows she can't

What do you mean exactly? xtina2

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ♚Missy♚ said:

Xtina wasn't a force as much as Britney. She had 1 cute era with impact and that was probably Dirrty 

She had 3 big albums. And 3 big eras. 

 

CHRISTINA AGUILERA (1999)
ESTIMATED SALES17 million
MEDIATRAFFIC: 14 million
CERTIFIED SALES: 11.6 million

COUNTRY
Australia
Canada
Europe
Indonesia
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Malaysia
Mexico
Netherlands 
New Zealand
South Africa
South Korea
Spain
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States
Venezuela
CERTIFICATION
1x Platinum
6x Platinum
1x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Gold
1x Gold
1x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Platinum
1x Platinum
1x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Platinum
1x Platinum
1x Platinum
1x Platinum
8x Platinum
1x Gold

   SALES
70,000
600,000
1,000,000
10,000
7,500
50,000
250,000
25,000
150,000
100,000
15,000
20,000
209,824
100,000
50,000
300,000
9,214,000
5,000

 

STRIPPED (2002)
ESTIMATED SALES: 12 million
MEDIATRAFFIC: 11 million
CERTIFIED SALES: 8.3 million
 

COUNTRY
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Brazil 
Canada
Denmark
Europe
Germany
Italy 
Japan
Hungary
Mexico
New Zealand
Norway
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland 
United Kingdom
United States
CERTIFICATION
1x Platinum
4x Platinum
1x Platinum
1x Gold
3x Platinum
1x Platinum
3x Platinum
1x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Gold
1x Platinum
1x Gold
2x Platinum
1x Platinum
-
1x Gold
1x Platinum
1x Platinum
6x Platinum
4x Platinum
SALES
40,000
280,000
30,000
50,000
300,000
50,000
3,000,000
300,000
50,000
100,000
20,000
75,000
30,000
40,000
113,907
50,000
60,000
40,000
1,900,000
4,383,000

 

 

BACK TO BASICS (2006)
ESTIMATED SALES: 5 million
MEDIATRAFFIC: 4.5 million
CERTIFIED SALES: 3.5 million
 

COUNTRY
Australia
Austria
Belgium 
Canada
Czech Republic
Denmark
Europe
France
Germany
Hong Kong
Hungary
Ireland
Italy
Japan
New Zealand
Netherlands
Poland
Russia
Singapore
Sweden
South Korea
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States
CERTIFICATION
2x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Platinum
3x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Gold
1x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Platinum
3x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Gold
1x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Gold
3x Platinum
1x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Gold
1x Platinum
1x Platinum
1x Platinum

SALES
140,000
15,000
50,000
300,000
5,000
20,000
1,000,000
100,965
200,000
7,500
20,000
45,000
40,000
100,000
15,000
35,000
10,000
60,000
10,000
30,000
19,483
30,000
522,696
1,712,000

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Dita said:

She had 3 big albums. And 3 big eras. 

 

CHRISTINA AGUILERA (1999)
ESTIMATED SALES17 million
MEDIATRAFFIC: 14 million
CERTIFIED SALES: 11.6 million

COUNTRY
Australia
Canada
Europe
Indonesia
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Malaysia
Mexico
Netherlands 
New Zealand
South Africa
South Korea
Spain
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States
Venezuela
CERTIFICATION
1x Platinum
6x Platinum
1x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Gold
1x Gold
1x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Platinum
1x Platinum
1x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Platinum
1x Platinum
1x Platinum
1x Platinum
8x Platinum
1x Gold

   SALES
70,000
600,000
1,000,000
10,000
7,500
50,000
250,000
25,000
150,000
100,000
15,000
20,000
209,824
100,000
50,000
300,000
9,214,000
5,000

 

STRIPPED (2002)
ESTIMATED SALES: 12 million
MEDIATRAFFIC: 11 million
CERTIFIED SALES: 8.3 million
 

COUNTRY
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Brazil 
Canada
Denmark
Europe
Germany
Italy 
Japan
Hungary
Mexico
New Zealand
Norway
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland 
United Kingdom
United States
CERTIFICATION
1x Platinum
4x Platinum
1x Platinum
1x Gold
3x Platinum
1x Platinum
3x Platinum
1x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Gold
1x Platinum
1x Gold
2x Platinum
1x Platinum
-
1x Gold
1x Platinum
1x Platinum
6x Platinum
4x Platinum
SALES
40,000
280,000
30,000
50,000
300,000
50,000
3,000,000
300,000
50,000
100,000
20,000
75,000
30,000
40,000
113,907
50,000
60,000
40,000
1,900,000
4,383,000

 

 

BACK TO BASICS (2006)
ESTIMATED SALES: 5 million
MEDIATRAFFIC: 4.5 million
CERTIFIED SALES: 3.5 million
 

COUNTRY
Australia
Austria
Belgium 
Canada
Czech Republic
Denmark
Europe
France
Germany
Hong Kong
Hungary
Ireland
Italy
Japan
New Zealand
Netherlands
Poland
Russia
Singapore
Sweden
South Korea
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States
CERTIFICATION
2x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Platinum
3x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Gold
1x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Platinum
3x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Gold
1x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Gold
3x Platinum
1x Platinum
1x Gold
1x Gold
1x Platinum
1x Platinum
1x Platinum

SALES
140,000
15,000
50,000
300,000
5,000
20,000
1,000,000
100,965
200,000
7,500
20,000
45,000
40,000
100,000
15,000
35,000
10,000
60,000
10,000
30,000
19,483
30,000
522,696
1,712,000

But the GP only remembers one, and that's Stripped

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RebelHeart15 said:

I said she didn't do things she knew she couldn't do

What are those things? That's what I'm asking. I'm not seeking a fight, I'm just curious. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is this article? 

I hope it smashes, but it will be lucky to make top ten from what the looks are. I hope there are some good tracks though, i need some new big-voice diva music

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, havok said:

What are those things? That's what I'm asking. I'm not seeking a fight, I'm just curious. 

Oh my bad I misunderstood as well lol. With the Back to Basics tour, she didn't massive choreography numbers. She danced but she didn't do these extended dance breaks and such, which was smart. She didn't overdo it because she was smart enough to see that she wasn't primarily a dancer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2017 at 5:16 AM, RED ANGELO said:

Stop licking MTV’s shit tbh brit4

 

That Vanguard award ain’t gonna mean shit coz MTV is irrelevant since 2007-present brit4

as an Aguilera Stan, I wouldn’t be proud of this joke award coz we fucking all know that she fucking deserve this award a decade ago brit10

 

Just my 2 fuckin cents and a dime coffee1

 

Christina stans know all about irrelevancy

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-7-15 at 3:31 AM, Hector said:

Is it confirmed that Christina will get the Vanguard Award? MTV said so? Because about damn TIME. I don't know why Rihanna and Beyoncé got it before Xtina, the blasphemy dead4 

Why dead4 Xtina has 5 major albums (yes I excluded Mi Reflejo and the christmas one) 2 of which flopped hard and the other 3 are 15-20 years old and only one really iconic video (Fighter, Beautiful and NMT would be pushing it). Bleach and Rihanna have a far more extended discography with much more iconic videos, I'd even give that award to Flopga before Xtina dead4 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Goldie said:

Why dead4 Xtina has 5 major albums (yes I excluded Mi Reflejo and the christmas one) 2 of which flopped hard and the other 3 are 15-20 years old and only one really iconic video (Fighter, Beautiful and NMT would be pushing it). Bleach and Rihanna have a far more extended discography with much more iconic videos, I'd even give that award to Flopga before Xtina dead4 

Of course you would. You're always trying hard to discredit her. Her debut is not 20 y/o and BTB happened 10 years ago, not 15. dead4

Lady Marmalade, Beautiful and Dirrty are all iconic. And the VA is clearly not about iconic videos. JT has no iconic videos yet he got the award, Bey and Rihanna have only 2 each. Christina's videography is diverse and well-executed. Videos like CHUD, Fighter, ANOM, Hurt, Candyman and YB are great. Not to mention that she was the queen of TRL along with Britney. They both dominated TRL back then. So sit your ass down, just because you're ignorant about Christina's career doesn't mean she has no achievements.  dead4

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lotus was a mixtape, nothing more

Is it confirmed that Christina will get the Vanguard Award? MTV said so? Because about damn TIME. I don't know why Rihanna and Beyoncé got it before Xtina, the blasphemy  

She's gonna flop again


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×