A note about Spotlight sections

23 posts in this topic

I know there has been some confusion about the requirements for Spotlight sections to graduate to full section status, so I want to take a moment to clear that up.

Spotlights do not automatically become a full section at the six month mark; we use that timeline as a general guide, but can change depending on specifics. Additionally, a section having enough posts to stay does not necessarily mean it warrants a perma-section. For example, while the Nicki section has maintained enough post numbers to keep it as an active Spotlight, it would rank at about #12 against the current roster of full sections. For that reason, it is not eligible for full section status at this time.

I sure some of you will be upset by that, but I hope you understand the reasoning behind it. As always, feel free to send me hate as a reply or via PM hay1

— Sean

13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

brit11 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gaga13

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Onika Where have Kylie and Mariah been falling among all of the Faves and Spotlight sections? creep1

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, another reason why I miss the Posts A Week per Section thread. ohno1 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok just give us JLO section, who the fuck is Camila and why do we need Nickis section now.. wendy4 New album no, new music no, tour no? wendy4

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as we can have a Miley section again when the album drops I'm happy sha1

I hope the Kesha section won't be removed

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kaulitz. said:

Again, another reason why I miss the Posts A Week per Section thread. ohno1 

Yes. It's hard to know whether or not your spotlight section or spotlight-turned-perma section is doing good for itself when you can't see it. ohno1 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maria Mena said:

As long as we can have a Miley section again when the album drops I'm happy sha1

I hope the Kesha section won't be removed

Tee her up for spotlight when that time comes, I doubt it'll be difficult moo1 

 

7 hours ago, Kaulitz. said:

Again, another reason why I miss the Posts A Week per Section thread. ohno1 

1 hour ago, Stars Are Made To Shine said:

Yes. It's hard to know whether or not your spotlight section or spotlight-turned-perma section is doing good for itself when you can't see it. ohno1 

It is something we're talking about, although we haven't made a decision yet. We've found that if people see a section isn't doing as well as they thought, it tends to become a spamming contest rather than organic discussion and that's not really what we want to encourage. We have more sections (both faves and in general) than really ever before, and we'd like to focus on quality content over post maximization.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Onika said:

It is something we're talking about, although we haven't made a decision yet. We've found that if people see a section isn't doing as well as they thought, it tends to become a spamming contest rather than organic discussion and that's not really what we want to encourage. We have more sections (both faves and in general) than really ever before, and we'd like to focus on quality content over post maximization.

1 hour ago, Stars Are Made To Shine said:

Yes. It's hard to know whether or not your spotlight section or spotlight-turned-perma section is doing good for itself when you can't see it. ohno1 

This is more of the why I miss it, but I do understand your point indeed, Sean! 

 

Although, I must say, some members will always be spamming either way. tehe1 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kaulitz. said:

This is more of the why I miss it, but I do understand your point indeed, Sean! 

 

Although, I must say, some members will always be spamming either way. tehe1 

 

I totally understand, we just have to look at it in a more generalized view is all. That is true, but we'd like to avoid outright encouraging it where we can jj2

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Onika said:

It is something we're talking about, although we haven't made a decision yet. We've found that if people see a section isn't doing as well as they thought, it tends to become a spamming contest rather than organic discussion and that's not really what we want to encourage. We have more sections (both faves and in general) than really ever before, and we'd like to focus on quality content over post maximization.

I understand this. It's just hard sometimes when there's such a mystery of are-we-gonna-get-deleted, are-we-doing-enough-to-not-get-deleted. It's something I'm constantly afraid of, and I try to have as much organic discussion as possible to prevent that from happening for a second, but it's really hard not to be concerned when you can't SEE whether or not you need to try harder. ohno1 

I definitely 100% get where you're coming from, I just don't want to have my favorite section taken away if there's something I can do to stop it from happening.

But I appreciate all that you do for us and definitely understand why you don't want to reveal the post counts. hug1 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Onika said:

I totally understand, we just have to look at it in a more generalized view is all. That is true, but we'd like to avoid outright encouraging it where we can jj2

Thanks! I now see the other side of why not to bring it back. I still miss it, but now I get it. brit11 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Onika and why wasn't this rule applied BEFORE the Mariah and Kylie sections were added? wendy4 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Aidan. said:

@Onika Where have Kylie and Mariah been falling among all of the Faves and Spotlight sections? creep1

In the Top 5 then with little spamming I see cry6

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Royalty said:

@Maraj aura1 

Yeah I know sis. Just another day on FOTP where Nicki gets snubbed, the usual. rip3

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maraj said:

Yeah I know sis. Just another day on FOTP where Nicki gets snubbed, the usual. rip3

Nicki always get snubbed I'M D O N E um2 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maraj said:

Yeah I know sis. Just another day on FOTP where Nicki gets snubbed, the usual. rip3

12 minutes ago, Royalty said:

Nicki always get snubbed I'M D O N E um2 

Onika is a Nicki fan though???? brit9

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.