LÉON

As a fan, is Lust for Life what you wanted?

I, for one, say no trash1 I wanted that BTD sound or that UV sound. I wanted high vocals Lana to return. I wanted amazing visuals. I wanted her to not put a fucking vehicle on her album cover. I wanted Driving In Cars/Queen of Disaster realness. She said this album would be happy but she still sounds bored as fuck but this time bored as fuck feat. basic rappers. I am so disappointed cry4 I did NOT expect ha to return my wig in full for this album. I won't be buying it (I know I said that about UV but all these ghetto features are just not to my taste and ruin her sound jj4

No. Even tho I haven't been a fan since 2014, I'm still open for new Lana music. Maybe I'm too stuck with her pop sound and her slower music is not my type (but, I like Ultraviolence). This was meant to be a happy record, but as you said, it's still slow as fuck, to me it seems like a Honeymoon 2.0 just  slightly less snooze-ish brit11

11 minutes ago, Dash My Wig said:

I wanted Driving In Cars/Queen of Disaster realness.

+ She's Not Me, Go-Go Dancer, Never Let Me Go and the other flawless unreleased tracks cry7

I also think that she just isn't singing anymore. jj3 I mean... it just sounds like she's murmuring into the microphone, bar a few tracks. It's been like that ever since Honeymoon.

Idk, just my opinion as a former fan, her fans seems to enjoy Lust For Life a lot, so good for them, that's what matters.

Omg the snippets sound promising and it's way too early to judge but I think it might be my fave just bc I really appreciate her voice over acoustic instrumentals 

As a fan, no. What I love from Lana are strong bodies of work, like Ultraviolence and Born To Die (despite it not being that amazing), I can even appreciate Honeymoon as a whole on a good day. This album is a mess so far, visually and sonically. Every single cover is different, they picked that sloppy candid as the album cover and they were even too lazy to match the fonts from her logo to the album name. I won't even talk about that tragic font on Summer Bummer. The videos have been really pretty so far, she really stepped up in that direction. However, that black & white wiccan album trailer got me perched for that eerie aesthetic and sound, which will most likely not find a place on the album as we can see!

Musically, I didn't enjoy most of the singles for more than a few minutes. Love is cute, but it sounds like a BTD outtake. Lust For Life is kinda average, The Weeknd doesn't really bring anything to the song imo. Coachella?rip4 Summer Bummer is very underwhelming, but it might grow on me. Groupie Love actually had me shook until that chorus kicked in. There's just something irritating about it. Judging from the snippets, most of the other tracks will have that samey feeling, but some seem like they will be stellar like In My Feelings for instance!

All that said, I'll still listen to the album. However, my excitement for it is practically nonexistent, like there's 5 days until its release and I feel nothing. I'd say that the awful, drawn out promo campaign (or lack thereof) had its impact, but the actual music doesn't seem to be making up for that. I know for sure that I can't really judge it yet because it's not out, but with around 1/3 of the album already here & memories of Honeymoon's disappointment, I don't really have high hopes for it! 

Just now, Urbanov said:

It's a good track and it fits the album perfectly, wyd clap1

It's a nice demo that shouldn't have really made the album over one of ha favourite songs! clap1 Maybe they remastered it whew knows 

Not people expecting pop ala Carly Rae Jepsen from her. wendy4 

This album is sonically (based on what we've heard) and lyrically a huge improvement from her last era.

I thought I was a critical fan but god...what the fucking hell? Y'all are just pissed because she's been waiting for so long to release this shit.

Y'all haven't even heard the album and the OP hasn't even listened to the fucking snippets. What her fans really need to fucking get though is that BTD was an anomaly. She is not ever going back to that sound and even less likely to her unreleased material. jj4 You guys really expect her to go back to the stuff she did in 2010? I mean COME ON. I'm sure y'all will kiss her ass once the album drops and if one album is enough to make y'all unstan you guys weren't fans of her to begin with. I survived Honeymoon. I'm sure y'all can survive Lust for Life.

Y'all the question isn't "are you excited for LFL?" which tbh neither am I jj4 I feel nothing and it seems like most of the fanbase is dead on the album jj4 likely due to the terrible release plan

the most fun I've had this era were the leaks tbh jj4 

2 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

No. Even tho I haven't been a fan since 2014, I'm still open for new Lana music. Maybe I'm too stuck with her pop sound and her slower music is not my type (but, I like Ultraviolence). This was meant to be a happy record, but as you said, it's still slow as fuck, to me it seems like a Honeymoon 2.0 just  slightly less snooze-ish brit11

+ She's Not Me, Go-Go Dancer, Never Let Me Go and the other flawless unreleased tracks cry7

wendy4 I have a huge problem with people who stan her unreleased material more than her released stuff. You guys know that a lot of it was written for other artists, right? 

Y'all wouldn't know about it if it wasn't for Lana Del Rey aka. the artist she wants to be. Sorry to disappoint you but she is not POP. In fact, she's someone who successfully managed to be a cross-over between alternative and pop. THAT is something truly admirable and as much as I love her pop stuff, that shit would have never gotten her this far cause it's rather replaceable. 

Lana is not your cookie-cutter pop girl. If you want that, listen to Falsey, Melanie Martinez or Marina and the Diamonds.

5 minutes ago, Tampon said:

Y'all the question isn't "are you excited for LFL?" which tbh neither am I jj4 I feel nothing and it seems like most of the fanbase is dead on the album jj4 likely due to the terrible release plan

the most fun I've had this era were the leaks tbh jj4 

I'm so glad my excitement was low after Honeymoon. The snippets are what REALLY got me hyped and that's just the right time. hottie1 Too bad y'all got hyped 5 months before the album's release.

4 minutes ago, Grimhilde said:

wendy4 I have a huge problem with people who stan her unreleased material more than her released stuff. You guys know that a lot of it was written for other artists, right? 

Y'all wouldn't know about it if it wasn't for Lana Del Rey aka. the artist she wants to be. Sorry to disappoint you but she is not POP. In fact, she's someone who successfully managed to be a cross-over between alternative and pop. THAT is something truly admirable and as much as I love her pop stuff, that shit would have never gotten her this far cause it's rather replaceable. 

Lana is not your cookie-cutter pop girl. If you want that, listen to Falsey, Melanie Martinez or Marina and the Diamonds.

Never thought Lana is a cookie-cutter pop girl nor wanted Carly Jepsen music from her wendy4

3 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Tea but I'd love to hear BTD 2.0 anyway sia3 

It's not gonna happen. She's done it once and that will be the last time. There also won't be another Ultraviolence. People need to understand that.

11 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Well it's a good thing to not be excited cause when you are, you have some expectations regarding the album. If you don't have any - you won't be disappointed cloud1 

I wasn't excited the whole time. I was more excited about Kesha's new album until the snippets came out alex1

That said, the album artwork is a tragedy. Thanks to her dumbass sister who is so hellbent on getting her ugly ass photographs published by Lana. What a bitch!

YOUR PICTURES ARE FUCKING UGLY, CHUCK! LEARN HOW TO TAKE PICTURES AND HOW TO USE PHOTOSHOP OR LEAVE!

The fact that the booklet is composed of  pictures of gas stations, candids and daisies. jj4 WHAT THE FUCK? And I thought the booklet for UV was bad.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We haven’t even heard over 2/3 of it yet... y’all have no clue what it’s gonna sound like in full   I am here for it though. Love is my fave Lana song now. 

Omg the snippets sound promising and it's way too early to judge but I think it might be my fave just bc I really appreciate her voice over acoustic instrumentals 

I don't have any expectations going into albums from any artist because who am I to dictate what they should be doing/what they should sound like.  If you want something like BTD or UV, go listen to t

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.