LÉON

As a fan, is Lust for Life what you wanted?

Just now, Maria Mena said:

I will but in the meantime I listen to Lana sha1

If she's only your Kesha replacement and you don't like her new music, what's the point? hottie1 Don't complain as if you stanned her from the start!

Just now, Grimhilde said:

If she's only your Kesha replacement and you don't like her new music, what's the point? hottie1 Don't complain as if you stanned her from the start!

I did honey sha1 I'm a Lana stan since 2012 sha1

6 minutes ago, Grimhilde said:

That said, the album artwork is a tragedy. Thanks to her dumbass sister who is so hellbent on getting her ugly ass photographs published by Lana. What a bitch!

YOUR PICTURES ARE FUCKING UGLY, CHUCK! LEARN HOW TO TAKE PICTURES AND HOW TO USE PHOTOSHOP OR LEAVE!

The fact that the booklet is composed of  pictures of gas stations, candids and daisies. jj4 WHAT THE FUCK? And I thought the booklet for UV was bad.

I guess that's the thing we agree on! jj2 Chuck's photography is abysmal this era orangu1

9 minutes ago, Kuba said:

I guess that's the thing we agree on! jj2 Chuck's photography is abysmal this era orangu1

It's so frustrating especially because her art direction and photography for other artists is so much better.

Then again, I think Lana was the one who decided to use her images. She probably also picked those ugly pictures she did with Neil over all the gorgeous ones they shot for UV. I mean look at her fucking clothes and stage outfits. orangu1 The only thing I truly mourn from the BTD era is the aesthetic...Like BITCH what the fuck happened? I lowkey think it might have to do with her anti-depressants. She really hasn't been the same ever since she started dating Barrie and ever since Interscope cockblocked all her single releases (Cola & Ultraviolence). tina1 Then they made her go on tour for AGES while her relationship was falling apart and wanted to force her to promote the follow-up album while rejecting it almost entirely and cancelling her videos and the second and third single. A MESS so I can lowkey see why she's gotten so lazy but still...

1 minute ago, Grimhilde said:

It's so frustrating especially because her art direction and photography for other artists is so much better.

Then again, I think Lana was the one who decided to use her images. She probably also picked those ugly pictures she did with Neil over all the gorgeous ones they shot for UV. I mean look at her fucking clothes and stage outfits. orangu1 The only thing I truly mourn from the BTD era is the aesthetic...Like BITCH what the fuck happened? I lowkey think it might have to do with her anti-depressants. She really hasn't been the same ever since she started dating Barrie and ever since Interscope cockblocked all her single releases (Cola & Ultraviolence). tina1 Then they made her go on tour for AGES while her relationship was falling apart and wanted to force her to promote the follow-up album while rejecting it almost entirely and cancelling her videos and the second and third single. A MESS so I can lowkey see why she's gotten so lazy but still...

True, Lana's taste is... questionable! You'd wish that Chuck wouldn't encourage these ugly candid shots by a truck tho, like I don't see why she'd allow that to happen. Yeah, that's the main thing I like about BTD, it had a gorgeous & consistent aesthetic even if most of it was tubmlr's wet dream. She's always getting screwed over by interscope wendy4

Highlight of this era so far is Love, music video. The worst is the visuals. Album booklet/photoshoot is the worst. Aka. album is more professional. Not this LFL "behind the scenes" crap vibe. Everything else is very very underwhelming.

2 hours ago, Jake said:

Not fully judging the album based on something I haven't heard yet

I'll let you know on the 21st. Love the singles aside from Coachella.

This.

I like what I've heard so far for the most part. The visuals for Love and LFL were some of her best in a long time.

That being said the album cover/booklet is really underwhelming but we wouldn't have expected better if it wasn't for the great videos.

I'll have a full opinion when I have the full album.

I don't have any expectations going into albums from any artist because who am I to dictate what they should be doing/what they should sound like. dead2 If you want something like BTD or UV, go listen to them.

7 hours ago, Grimhilde said:

Not people expecting pop ala Carly Rae Jepsen from her. wendy4 

This album is sonically (based on what we've heard) and lyrically a huge improvement from her last era.

I thought I was a critical fan but god...what the fucking hell? Y'all are just pissed because she's been waiting for so long to release this shit.

Y'all haven't even heard the album and the OP hasn't even listened to the fucking snippets. What her fans really need to fucking get though is that BTD was an anomaly. She is not ever going back to that sound and even less likely to her unreleased material. jj4 You guys really expect her to go back to the stuff she did in 2010? I mean COME ON. I'm sure y'all will kiss her ass once the album drops and if one album is enough to make y'all unstan you guys weren't fans of her to begin with. I survived Honeymoon. I'm sure y'all can survive Lust for Life.

I literally can't at people threatening to unstan over her most promising era since BTD... jj4 

Yes it is what I wanted. And like LFL is "happier" from what we've heard so far. Like this is Lana we're talking about. Did y'all think she was gonna come flying in on a disco ball, spewing glitter and peace and happiness and joy out of her tits? Like this era/music so far is happy by her standards. 

And I think the album sounds like it has stuff to please everyone. It seems pulls from all her past albums while still adding some new things and sounding fresh. I really get a lot of BTD vibes from a lot of it. Yet we still have the fans and their never ending bitching about how she needs to go back to BTD. No she doesn't. Y'all need to get your asses out of 2012. 

Visually this era has really been satisfying for me as well. The two music videos are absolutely amazing. The Love, LFL and Summer Bummer single covers are beautiful. The album cover is great. The album photoshoot as a whole is really nice as well. I think she looks pretty and it could be so much worse. 

Yeah the booklet is a bit of a let down. I just wish it had lyrics tbh but I'll survive. And I mean I would love a tv performance but I'm not crying over not getting one. It's Lana, anyone who expected one is dumb. 

I really have been enjoying this era. Even when the hype was totally dead for other fans it never died for me. 

I'm interested to see if the album will beat Honeymoon for me as my favorite Lana album. 

I swear some Lana fans just bitch so much. She's never BTD-Lana enough for them. No different than Gaga fans always bitching about how she needs to go back to TFM. Like dear god stop living in the past. Let artists evolve for fucks sake. 

And now I will perch myself for all the bitching and discontent with Lana to evaporate when they all kiss ha ass when the album drops rih5

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We haven’t even heard over 2/3 of it yet... y’all have no clue what it’s gonna sound like in full   I am here for it though. Love is my fave Lana song now. 

Omg the snippets sound promising and it's way too early to judge but I think it might be my fave just bc I really appreciate her voice over acoustic instrumentals 

I don't have any expectations going into albums from any artist because who am I to dictate what they should be doing/what they should sound like.  If you want something like BTD or UV, go listen to t

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.