Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

Whitney : I will outlast Madonna

17 hours ago, havok said:

Oh, shut up. You were trying to pass ILTY as one. Also, talking about falling off instantly then I guess that means fadga hasn't had a legit hit since TFM era ended, right? Thanks for confirming it.  

Madonna+-+MTV+Asia+Outtakes+1998%2528360

I never tried to say that ILTY was a big hit, I said it eventually became a recognized Whitney classic, which is the truth. And none of Gaga's hits post-TFM fell off at the level of the one-week-wonder "Gimme All Your Luvin."

Go to sleep, grandma.oprah14

21 minutes ago, Philip said:

Eh I'm over it. No point in discussing with someone who keeps ignoring all the important factors.

I Will Always Love You remains more popular, successful and iconic than anything Madge has ever done, and that's what matters in the end eve1 

Whitney had the bigger peak and the bigger hit, that's true. But overall Madonna is the more successful, iconic and influential of the two, let's not. There's no one above Madonna, I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. The only time Whitney surpassed Madonna was during TB era, at any other point in time Madonna was the one doing better, this has already been proved. Why fight facts? kylie2

1 minute ago, Bionic Monster said:

I never tried to say that ILTY was a big hit, I said it eventually became a recognized Whitney classic, which is the truth. And none of Gaga's hits post-TFM fell off at the level of the one-week-wonder "Gimme All Your Luvin."

Go to sleep, grandma.oprah14

That song is not a classic and it will never be, it's actually forgotten. There are plenty but I wouldn't exactly call them hits so, not sure. The truth is that Madonna got a top 10 hit, 30 years into her career, that's something we can be sure your fave will never achieve, so there's that. And I assure you I'm younger than you are but go off. 

7 minutes ago, havok said:

Whitney had the bigger peak and the bigger hit, that's true. But overall Madonna is the more successful, iconic and influential of the two, let's not. There's no one above Madonna, I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. The only time Whitney surpassed Madonna was during TB era, at any other point in time Madonna was the one doing better, this has already been proved. Why fight facts? kylie2

That song is not a classic and it will never be, it's actually forgotten. There are plenty but I wouldn't exactly call them hits so, not sure. The truth is that Madonna got a top 10 hit, 30 years into her career, that's something we can be sure your fave will never achieve, so there's that. And I assure you I'm younger than you are but go off. 

Madona sold more and that's it.

Whitney was out doing Madonna from the time she debuted up until The Bodyguard shrug1 and then she stopped giving a fuck sis.

And no I don't think Madonna is more influential than Whitney, they are pretty equal in that department, imo.

28 minutes ago, Philip said:

Madona sold more and that's it.

Whitney was out doing Madonna from the time she debuted up until The Bodyguard shrug1 and then she stopped giving a fuck sis.

And no I don't think Madonna is more influential than Whitney, they are pretty equal in that department, imo.

Let's compare their CSPC units and see who was actually outdoing who:

• LAV 39.7m > WH 28.4m
  • TB 36.7m > Whitney 26.3m
  • LAP 25.4m > IYBT 11.7m
  • Erotica 9.2m < TB 53.2m 
  • BS 11.7m > TPW 6.4m
  • ROL 21.2m >  MLIYL 14.6m 
  • Music 13.8m > JW 2.1m 
  • COADF 12.5m > AL 4.4m > OW 1m
  • HC 5.8m > ILTY 2.7m 

As you can see, Madonna always did better than Whitney, except for the TB era. I know you never give Madonna her due credit so I'll just let you be. Anyhow, facts and reality are on our side and they tell us the most successful, acclaimed, iconic and influential of the two is Madonna. 

de05be684872a88a05fb43e9d200bd80.jpg

On 2/26/2018 at 7:24 PM, havok said:

Let's compare their CSPC units and see who was actually outdoing who:

• LAV 39.7m > WH 28.4m
  • TB 36.7m > Whitney 26.3m
  • LAP 25.4m > IYBT 11.7m
  • Erotica 9.2m < TB 53.2m 
  • BS 11.7m > TPW 6.4m
  • ROL 21.2m >  MLIYL 14.6m 
  • Music 13.8m > JW 2.1m 
  • COADF 12.5m > AL 4.4m > OW 1m
  • HC 5.8m > ILTY 2.7m 

As you can see, Madonna always did better than Whitney, except for the TB era. I know you never give Madonna her due credit so I'll just let you be. Anyhow, facts and reality are on our side and they tell us the most successful, acclaimed, iconic and influential of the two is Madonna. 

de05be684872a88a05fb43e9d200bd80.jpg

11.7 m people bought Bedtime Stories anna1

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.