Curtains

Slumber Party (Rediscover Demo Mix - Snippet): need opinions!

Hi everyone!

As you may have noticed, I have been doing "Rediscover" versions of Britney's albums for the past few months. Good news: Glory is next on my to-do list and I've already begun working on it! ;)

I started to do a Rediscover Mix of Slumber Party, however I'm not sure that I'm taking the song to the right direction. I usually don't share my unfinished work, but I really need your opinion, so here's a 40s snippet of it:

Please help me! :crying4:

It actually sounds like a "filtered" version of the official, here's what you can do imo:

Add a VERY heay bass

Remove the brass sound to make it different than the original (at least some parts of it)

Increase the sequence for hats (gives it a dubstep kinda progression)

Tighten the kick

Tighten the snare

Add some trombones every 8 bars as a fill drum 

4 hours ago, Bionikal said:

It actually sounds like a "filtered" version of the official, here's what you can do imo:

Add a VERY heay bass

Remove the brass sound to make it different than the original (at least some parts of it)

Increase the sequence for hats (gives it a dubstep kinda progression)

Tighten the kick

Tighten the snare

Add some trombones every 8 bars as a fill drum 

Thanks for the advices. The objective of the rediscover mixes are to be similar to the originals, so I can't change it too much, but I'll take some of these in consideration!

@Chris Morlock thanks I'll see what I can do, though I generally don't use elements that aren't from the original songs.

1 hour ago, LoanSPW said:

Thanks for the advices. The objective of the rediscover mixes are to be similar to the originals, so I can't change it too much, but I'll take some of these in consideration!

@Chris Morlock thanks I'll see what I can do, though I generally don't use elements that aren't from the original songs.

worth a shot shrug1 

I do not know anything about music in technical terms, but it sounds great, maybe it would be good to hear the voice of britney more clear than in the main version, i really enjoy your past two albums and love that you doing a glory rediscover so thanks for that

10 hours ago, Aleco said:

I do not know anything about music in technical terms, but it sounds great, maybe it would be good to hear the voice of britney more clear than in the main version, i really enjoy your past two albums and love that you doing a glory rediscover so thanks for that

You're welcome! :)